Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Ricky Gervais TORCHES Hollywood Elite in Scathing Globes Opener

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    That's not the point. To act like there was no truth being said, or while joking none of what he said was calling anyone out can't be true, when he said that about apple with Tim Cook (apple CEO) front and center.
    I never said it wasnt any truth to what he was saying. I just don't see what the big deal is about him saying it. Hollywood will keep marching on as if it's all a joke, truth or not. People agreeing with what he said won't change things in Hollywood. Those same masses that agree with what he said will continue to spend their $ watching their movies and supporting Hollywood, Disney, Nike, Apple etc....so in the end, what's the big deal that Ricky said what everyone else already thinks, when it won't change anything?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    I never said it wasnt any truth to what he was saying. I just don't see what the big deal is about him saying it. Hollywood will keep marching on as if it's all a joke, truth or not. People agreeing with what he said won't change things in Hollywood. Those same masses that agree with what he said will continue to spend their $ watching their movies and supporting Hollywood, Disney, Nike, Apple etc....so in the end, what's the big deal that Ricky said what everyone else already thinks, when it won't change anything?

Who said they think it's going to change anything?

If was funny to see someone who tell people who are incredibly self-important and self-righteous, that no one cares about their political opinions and their in no position to lecture anyone.

Can't it just be as simple as that?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Who said they think it's going to change anything?

If was funny to see someone who tell people who are incredibly self-important and self-righteous, that no one cares about their political opinions and their in no position to lecture anyone.

Can't it just be as simple as that?
    That's all we're saying is that it was shocking that it was said in front of them, for all us deplorables to hear. It was a memorable moment, coming from a non Fox TV station. Nobody in their right mind expects it will change who they are or what they think.

Blog Entries

Obviously Gervais was just having fun and joking and everyone in the room was having a good time. It's just refreshing that the jokes were pointed in the other direction this time.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    Obviously Gervais was just having fun and joking and everyone in the room was having a good time. It's just refreshing that the jokes were pointed in the other direction this time.
    Except for Tom Hanks.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    Except for Tom Hanks.
    LMAO Yea really.

I just don't see where it's that big of a deal that he said what he said. It was all over social media and the media in general that he "blasted Hollywood" and I just don't see it that way. Nothing shocking at all about it to me.

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    I just don't see where it's that big of a deal that he said what he said. It was all over social media and the media in general that he "blasted Hollywood" and I just don't see it that way. Nothing shocking at all about it to me.

Well, that's the way news is today. Everything is "blasted", "destroyed", "clap back". It's never as simple as "Ricky Gervais' monologue took a lot of cracks at the people in the audience, some laughed, others were offended"

Quote Originally Posted by BPF2 View Post
    Well, that's the way news is today. Everything is "blasted", "destroyed", "clap back". It's never as simple as "Ricky Gervais' monologue took a lot of cracks at the people in the audience, some laughed, others were offended"
    Yeah, I suppose.

Maybe it's cause I've heard it all enough before Ricky said it that it wasn't a big deal for me hearing it, even if it was directly to them being in attendance. Idk, just didn't see the big deal with it.

Blog Entries

Ricky Gervais now trolling the Oscars.

https://twitter.com/rickygervais