Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump

Re: Trump

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    Trump popular in South Jersey/Wildwood apparently.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mas...eachment-fight
    NJ has the same problem most blue states have... a corrupted Urban area. Where North-Eastern NJ, Trenton and Newark go... so goes the state. Most of NJ is HIGHLY conservative.
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." -Margaret Mead

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DitkasSausage View Post
    NJ has the same problem most blue states have... a corrupted Urban area. Where North-Eastern NJ, Trenton and Newark go... so goes the state. Most of NJ is HIGHLY conservative.
    I just went through Trenton the other day (on the way to NY). That whole area needs an Extreme Makeover.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I just went through Trenton the other day (on the way to NY). That whole area needs an Extreme Makeover.
    Trenton Makes, The World Takes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by BPF2 View Post
    And Amazon as a company employes thousands who are paid and have to pay payroll taxes. The employer pays it's share of taxes as well.
    If payroll tax doesn't count for the 45% who pay "no taxes" it doesn't count for corporations either.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    If payroll tax doesn't count for the 45% who pay "no taxes" it doesn't count for corporations either.

If corporations don’t get any benefit from payroll taxes then it does. Sure people pay ‘half’, but then they are entitled to some benefits

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post

I don't really know what you mean here. Are you talking about those who pay no Federal/State/Local taxes because they don't earn enough, or have enough deductions/exemptions to offset? The employer doesn't pay those. They just collect out of the paycheck and remit to the government. But the employer pays it's share of FICA/FUTA/SUTA on every employee.

I don't really know what you mean here. Are you talking about those who pay no Federal/State/Local taxes because they don't earn enough, or have enough deductions/exemptions to offset? The employer doesn't pay those. They just collect out of the paycheck and remit to the government. But the employer pays it's share of FICA/FUTA/SUTA on every employee.
    I’m talking FICA, because people who ‘correct’ that 45% don’t pay taxes bring up the payroll FICA tax.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Guess I’m old. I remember Animal Farm being required reading in Junior High.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think it was optional for us. Had to pick like 4 books from the summer reading list or something and it was one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    I'm going to add another required reading book to my freshmen. They already have to read excerpts from Areopagitica but now am going to require Animal Farm or something else to counter-balance the obvious stupidity foisted upon our impressionable youth so artfully demonstrated by bandc.

Anybody have any suggestions?
    Brave New World

Quote Originally Posted by DitkasSausage View Post
    Source?

Everyone who collects a paycheck pays payroll tax. That is what I mean.

So if you're not counting it as paying taxes for low income workers that don't pay income tax, or is disingenuous to use it as an example of why companies that can use accounting practices to have no taxable profit are still paying plenty of taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    I’m talking FICA, because people who ‘correct’ that 45% don’t pay taxes bring up the payroll FICA tax.
    To be clear, I couldn't care less whether you count it in a discussion on income tax. Just be consistent.