Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1011121314 ... LastLast
Results 133 to 144 of 274

Thread: Trump

  1. #133

    Re: Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    Elicit. Not illicit.
    This is why I never, ever remark on type-o's in a mean way; too prone to 'em. I also have trouble spelling refrigerator because there should be a "d" in there.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock





  2. #134

    Re: Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    This is why I never, ever remark on type-o's in a mean way; too prone to 'em. I also have trouble spelling refrigerator because there should be a "d" in there.
    Yeah....and when we see the slang term for it, it's usually spelled "fridge". It looks so weird spelled "frige". Ah.....the English language and our slang. It's no wonder some claim it to be the hardest language to learn.





  3. #135

    Re: Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Using historical facts to elicit emotional responses is what you do. Slavery is bad, we all agree with that but to claim that a terrible situation that affected someone's grandparents is the reason their doing bad in school is patently ridiculous. During World War II, Asians were rounded up and put into actual concentration camps in America. Today they have the highest economic standards among all American demographics. The Irish were refused jobs because of their Catholicism.

    If you want to see how to use historical facts correctly, watch. Under Clinton, banks were forced to give subprime mortgage loans to people that could not afford them. To the surprise of absolutely nobody, when people are lent money they can't afford to pay back they lose their homes and all the equity they had already invested in them. Guess which group was overly represented in this loss of home/money/equity. You're right, black people. This largely explains the current "wealth gap" between blacks and whites since that wealth is tied up in home ownership. And it's the sort of "generational" damage you love harping on since overpaying for a house back in the 90's would have prevented saving money for children to go to college and losing the house means you can't mortgage it either.
    But you are so ignorantly acting like it was just slavery when you know that it wasnt! It went way farther and deeper than slavery and you know that. To argue otherwise is to be intentionally obtuse.





  4. #136
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    772

    Re: Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    But you are so ignorantly acting like it was just slavery when you know that it wasnt! It went way farther and deeper than slavery and you know that. To argue otherwise is to be intentionally obtuse.
    I have to disagree with this. The common liberal perception is that until Civil Rights, they were "Basically still slaves"... that is absurd. Here is a great article to read if you want to know the history of education, literacy, and wage gap post-civil war, and why modern takes on the current state of affairs is total garbage: https://as.vanderbilt.edu/econ/wparc...r/vu03-w13.pdf
    Since 1870, blacks have seen huge bumps in literacy, education, and other metrics decade over decade... they closed the educational gaps in the 1970's but then something odd happened, there were no increases in whites to cause a deviation in the gap... instead, there were noticeable dips in literacy and education... as well as mortality rates in the 1980's. I'm sure there is a lot of studies around why this is, but it would be safe to assume that crack being heavily distributed in black communities by the cartels and communists have a lot to do with it.
    The wage gap since the civil war is another revision of history by modern liberals. That blacks wages were kept down post-bellum. This is also untrue. A VAST majority of blacks lived in the South post-slavery, and remained there. Guess what happens when you lose a Civil War? You got it... wages aren't that high. So while you can look at the even spread of wages among whites on an evenly distributed national census, you have to take into account that blacks were living in a Post-Civil War reconstructing south that had regionally depressed wages for nearly 40 years. You can also compare Southern wages among whites and black in the south, and their raises mirror each other very closely.

    The concepts of them being "kept down" are true in many instances... and I use instances specifically... because it was not nearly as wide-ranging as people attribute. Most of the current gaps in wage, education, literacy, and other key indicators have actually started growing mostly in the 80's. Prior to 1980 really... the black community was growing in positive economic indicators as fast, if not faster, then any demographic....
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." -Margaret Mead





  5. #137

    Re: Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    But you are so ignorantly acting like it was just slavery when you know that it wasnt! It went way farther and deeper than slavery and you know that. To argue otherwise is to be intentionally obtuse.
    I would say you can't be this stupid, yet here we are. Slavery was used as an example of the things done in the past that you claim are holding back blacks now. At no point have I said slavery was the only thing blacks had to suffer through. If you weren't so intellectually inept you'd probably have figured it out all by yourself.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock





  6. #138

    Re: Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Right off hand, policies of the democratic party.
    speaking of Democrat policies...

    https://www.dailywire.com/news/nypd-...ts-bail-reform

    NYPD Police Commissioner: Crime has skyrocketed because of Democrats’ bail reform.





  7. #139

    Re: Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    speaking of Democrat policies...

    https://www.dailywire.com/news/nypd-...ts-bail-reform

    NYPD Police Commissioner: Crime has skyrocketed because of Democrats’ bail reform.
    Even worse, the prosecutor for San Fran is the child of terrorists and was raised by another terrorist. People who vote democrat are, by and large, idiots. They tell themselves, "Oh, look how compassionate we are" while pushing policies that have proven EVERY SINGLE TIME to hurt the people they're supposed to help. This bail reform bullshit puts dangerous people out on the street where innocents have to suffer. You think any of the democrat voters here live in the neighborhoods affected by bail reform? Hell no. They put others in danger then clap each other on the back for all the good they've done. Look at Baltimore. It's a cesspool that has been destroyed by incompetent city leadership over the past 60 years but the majority of idiots still line up to reliably vote democrat because they're morons.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock





  8. #140

    Re: Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Even worse, the prosecutor for San Fran is the child of terrorists and was raised by another terrorist. People who vote democrat are, by and large, idiots. They tell themselves, "Oh, look how compassionate we are" while pushing policies that have proven EVERY SINGLE TIME to hurt the people they're supposed to help. This bail reform bullshit puts dangerous people out on the street where innocents have to suffer. You think any of the democrat voters here live in the neighborhoods affected by bail reform? Hell no. They put others in danger then clap each other on the back for all the good they've done. Look at Baltimore. It's a cesspool that has been destroyed by incompetent city leadership over the past 60 years but the majority of idiots still line up to reliably vote democrat because they're morons.
    The left is always pushing for criminals to be allowed to vote. They know who they’ll vote for. This should tell you all you need to know about our two parties.





  9. #141

    Re: Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    The left is always pushing for criminals to be allowed to vote. They know who they’ll vote for. This should tell you all you need to know about our two parties.
    An excellent point.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock





  10. #142
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    772

    Re: Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    The left is always pushing for criminals to be allowed to vote. They know who they’ll vote for. This should tell you all you need to know about our two parties.
    Here is level two of Democrats being total bigots. They openly claim that criminal reform is needed for "brown people"... WOW. So HOW is that not them just saying "Brown people are more likely to be criminals". On top of which, it imposes criminals back into these communities hurting the people they are claiming to protect. So let's just say, using their own language, that criminal reform is for "brown people", then aren't we actually saying, "We don't want to deal with your criminal elements so we are putting them back into your communities to hurt you because it costs too much..."?

    Any time you say an issue is a "Woman's issue" or a "Latino issue" you are openly claiming that you think that segment has a problem they cannot figure out and need your help, OR even worse, you are stating they are all criminals anyhow so deal with your own, in the case of criminal/bond reforms.
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." -Margaret Mead





  11. #143

    Trump

    Trump popular in South Jersey/Wildwood apparently.

    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mas...eachment-fight





  12. #144
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    51,939
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    Trump popular in South Jersey/Wildwood apparently.

    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mas...eachment-fight
    Piney Pirates
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

    RIP #25





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Link To Mobile Site