Page 1 of 23 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump

Trump

Donald Trump just sent out a tweet highlighting how he's spent 2 million on straight-up BS!!! I guarantee you NO ONE is gonna bat an eye about how it's going to be paid for, but somehow when it comes to every day American's lives, things like health care, college, loan forgiveness, and universal basic income are put through the ringer and scrutinized to no end in terms of how it's going to be paid for. It's insane!

The biggest lie ever told to the American Public is that we don't have the money, and that the only reason Millenials are behind is because we don't work hard enough. We are the richest economy in the history of the world!! There's gonna come a day when people wake up to this fact and will elect people who work FOR the people and not for ridiculous self-interests.

P.S. Always remember that this country has trillions to bail out banks and to go to war, but UBI is just way to expensive

Blog Entries

Re: Trump

I’m not on Twitter.

What are you referring to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    Donald Trump just sent out a tweet highlighting how he's spent 2 million on straight-up BS!!! I guarantee you NO ONE is gonna bat an eye about how it's going to be paid for, but somehow when it comes to every day American's lives, things like health care, college, loan forgiveness, and universal basic income are put through the ringer and scrutinized to no end in terms of how it's going to be paid for. It's insane!

The biggest lie ever told to the American Public is that we don't have the money, and that the only reason Millenials are behind is because we don't work hard enough. We are the richest economy in the history of the world!! There's gonna come a day when people wake up to this fact and will elect people who work FOR the people and not for ridiculous self-interests.

P.S. Always remember that this country has trillions to bail out banks and to go to war, but UBI is just way to expensive
    I am having a hard time understanding this post. Is this your way if saying you want other people paying for your stuff ??

Blog Entries

And if you want UBI, why not just let everyone write off $12,000 from their annual income taxes? If it’s just going to come back to us anyway...why take it in the first place.

UBI has been debunked a lot. You can keep talking about it like it’s a viable option, but there are a lot of other things that need to happen first.

I’ve specifically mentioned this to you in the past and you didn’t respond:

- Reigning in foreign aid
    - Federal research grants for things not impacting this country
    - How only 40-45% of the country pays taxes

Until the government gets their spending under control, candidates wanting to spend more money and tax people more should be hit in the face. Seriously.

Maybe we need UFT. Universal flat tax. Where everyone pays their fair share.

I meant 2 trillion btw, sorry

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

At this point, I don't even care about the arguments about whether it's viable or not. Until the country can tell me why bailouts of banks over homeowners was viable, or why being in war for almost two decades is viable, I don't wanna hear a damn thing about the viability of UBI.

Even if you don't care for UBI, are you gonna tell me that the money couldn't have been put into infrastructure? That the money couldn't have put to use to develop and manufacture cheaper drugs, and lower healthcare costs? There are so many better things that this country could put our tax money towards other than fancy new weapons. It sickens me bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    Maybe we need UFT. Universal flat tax. Where everyone pays their fair share.
    Smartest post ever in The Lid. Add Term Limits to this and we’d really have something.

At this point, I don't even care about the arguments about whether it's viable or not. Until the country can tell me why bailouts of banks over homeowners was viable, or why being in war for almost two decades is viable, I don't wanna hear a damn thing about the viability of UBI.

Even if you don't care for UBI, are you gonna tell me that the money couldn't have been put into infrastructure? That the money couldn't have put to use to develop and manufacture cheaper drugs, and lower healthcare costs? There are so many better things that this country could put our tax money towards other than fancy new weapons. It sickens me bro.

Those things don’t make the politicians money. Kick backs from defense contractors and their buddies on Wall St do. Can’t be a good Congress person or Senator w/o being made stinking rich while in office. I mean that’s the idea right? Have a useless degree like PolySci or be a nothing lawyer and then run for office and get WEALTHY. Can’t do that building roads , bridges , Green energy. And you Def don’t wanna hurt Big Pharma! Cheaper drugs? Lower/better health care ? Ha! Hell no. We all know “A cure kills a profit”.

Blog Entries

I don’t disagree with a lot of what you’re saying.

We were warned almost a century ago about the threat of the military industrial complex. It’s pretty spot on.

However, I think your biggest issue is how government allocates and spends taxpayer dollars. I too, like many Americans, have a huge problem with how the government spends money.

Where I diverge from you is that I don’t believe the answer to this is to expand government, which implementing a UBI certainly would do because it would require a completely new bureaucratic process/team/management/oversight.

That’s not going to make the government spend less money on stupid shit.

Out of curiosity- have you read Rand Paul’s annual Festivus Spending reports? If not, you should. The government spends money on so much dumb shit...it’s ridiculous.

As I’ve stated before when it comes to healthcare, UBI, college tuition assistance...I think most Americans would be a lot more open to those ideas if/when the federal government makes significant changes to their spending habits.

11. Re: Trump

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I don’t disagree with a lot of what you’re saying.

We were warned almost a century ago about the threat of the military industrial complex. It’s pretty spot on.

However, I think your biggest issue is how government allocates and spends taxpayer dollars. I too, like many Americans, have a huge problem with how the government spends money.

Where I diverge from you is that I don’t believe the answer to this is to expand government, which implementing a UBI certainly would do because it would require a completely new bureaucratic process/team/management/oversight.

That’s not going to make the government spend less money on stupid shit.

Out of curiosity- have you read Rand Paul’s annual Festivus Spending reports? If not, you should. The government spends money on so much dumb shit...it’s ridiculous.

As I’ve stated before when it comes to healthcare, UBI, college tuition assistance...I think most Americans would be a lot more open to those ideas if/when the federal government makes significant changes to their spending habits.

Spot on. I'm sure we've all heard it a million times, but, as long as we all (collectively) keep sending the same morons back to DC (as well as all levels of government), we should expect the same results. Either admit it's time to actually DO something about it, or just sit back and keep jawing. My guess is it'll be the latter.

One of the biggest hurdles is always going to be getting the big money out of politics. SCOTUS says that's unconstitutional to do so. Ok....how do we fix that? Convention of States.

Because the government caused the banks to collapse by allowing those people to get unsecured prime mortgage loans.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock