Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Top Iranian General killed in Airstrike on Bagdad Airport

It really depends on the next actions. I dont' necessarily have an issue with the strike, like I said, that guy is a piece of shit and so is the IRGC. I wish we could take out some of the ISI too (lol, I say we, but obviously referring to the US military). Fuck them.

Also agree with NC - only thing I'd counter with is that this was a pretty damn big target. If their retaliation is light then whatever, but it depends on what the retaliation is, if any at all.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Top Iranian General killed in Airstrike on Bagdad Airport

Iran has been engaging in countless proxy wars/attacks in the region for decades.

Hezbollah, Hamas, Syria...

Attacks against Israel.

Cyber attacks against regional energy, utilities, and oil-and-natural gas orgs. Cyber attacks against regional government agencies and communications orgs (I know for a fact that they’re in Turk Telekom). I also know for a fact that they collaborate with known Russian cyber espionage groups (google Symantec report on Waterbug hijacking Iran infrastructure). That was my team that discovered that.

https://www.symantec.com/blogs/threa...ge-governments

Iran permits Hezbollah and Hamas to recruit students from Tehran universities.

I’m not in favor of war at all. Thankfully, I did my 8 years active duty and am not enlisted anymore.

However, those fuckers have been poking the bear for a long time.

I mean, ask yourself this, why were these two high level IRGC dudes in Iraq and near the US Embassy when it was attacked. That’s not a coincidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Iran has been engaging in countless proxy wars/attacks in the region for decades.

Attacks against Israel.

Cyber attacks against regional energy, utilities, and oil-and-natural gas orgs. Cyber attacks against regional government agencies and communications orgs (I know for a fact that they’re in Turk Telekom). I also know for a fact that they collaborate with known Russian cyber espionage groups (google Symantec report on Waterbug hijacking Iran infrastructure). That was my team that discovered that.

I’m not in favor of war at all. Thankfully, I did my 8 years active duty and am not enlisted anymore.

I mean, ask yourself this, why were these two high level IRGC dudes in Iraq and near the US Embassy when it was attacked. That’s not a coincidence.

That's the fucked up thing. The fact that the IRGC, and specifically the Cuds Force, are part of the fucking military is nuts.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

Attacks against Israel.

This fucker was behind the Benghazi attack...

https://nypost.com/2014/06/20/how-ir...nghazi-attack/

May he rot in an eternal hell w/virgins who are 350+ lbs each.

Also, according to Haaretz News out of Israel...back in 2015...the Israeli forces were reportedly on the verge of killing Soleimani, but the Obama administration warned Iran of the attack.

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/...mani-1.5630156

Blog Entries

Sen. Chris Murphy (D) displays a perfect example of what TDS looks like.

On Tuesday, he tweets this.

The attack on our embassy in Baghdad is horrifying but predictable.
    Trump has rendered America impotent in the Middle East. No one fears us, no one listens to us.
    America has been reduced to huddling in safe rooms, hoping the bad guys will go away.
    What a disgrace.

Then yesterday he tweets this.
    Soleimani was an enemy of the United States. That’s not a question.
    The question is this - as reports suggest, did America just assassinate, without any congressional authorization, the second most powerful person in Iran, knowingly setting off a potential massive regional war?

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2020/...-in-airstrike/

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    Sen. Chris Murphy (D) displays a perfect example of what TDS looks like.

On Tuesday, he tweets this.

The attack on our embassy in Baghdad is horrifying but predictable.
    Trump has rendered America impotent in the Middle East. No one fears us, no one listens to us.
    America has been reduced to huddling in safe rooms, hoping the bad guys will go away.
    What a disgrace.

Then yesterday he tweets this.
    Soleimani was an enemy of the United States. That’s not a question.
    The question is this - as reports suggest, did America just assassinate, without any congressional authorization, the second most powerful person in Iran, knowingly setting off a potential massive regional war?

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2020/...-in-airstrike/
    Yep.

At this point folks should just accept that Trumps actions or inactions (and everything in between) will be negatively spun by Dems.

He's taking a page from Putin's playbook...... immediately escalate and hit with a hammer.

I don't know if it's good bad or in different I have no idea it but it is what it is....

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Way Down South in New Orleans

The interesting thing will be how Russia and China react to this escalation as they are major allies of Iran.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Meanie Bigjae View Post
    The interesting thing will be how Russia and China react to this escalation as they are major allies of Iran.
    Sort of.

Russia and Iran are frenemies in that they are both very interested in maintaining a destabilized Middle East.

China is really only interested in Iran for oil consumption.

They won't start WWIII over Iran.

The reality is this... haven't we been at war with Iran for a long time? This guy is responsible for a lot of US deaths and casualties. Iran abducted a US ship recently. They support Hamas and Hezbollah, who have attacked American interests. So how long is it admissible? What exactly is the amount of US deaths we are willing to accept by one country either directly or through financing? They are the financial force behind most of the terrorist activity in the Middle East, they threaten Iraq daily to the point that Iraq just does what they are told for fear of being killed. They race towards a nuclear weapon, and everyone pretty much knows that if they develop a nuke at 4:35 in the afternoon, they will lob it directly at Israel at 4:45 with only a break to celebrate. I'd say they are a BIG reason the Middle East IS a dumpster fire. I've thought for a long time that this was a war too long in the making. I'm more than a little disgusted with Democrats who are horrified we killed a guy that just tried to attack an embassy and was planning more US attacks. When are Democrats going to stop being on everyone's side BUT the United States? Do they even care who they side with in order to hurt Trump? It doesn't seem like it. People might think this is over the top, but I feel that Obama, and his handling of Iran was 100% treasonous against the US. Not sure how you can frame that it wasn't. He gave $billions to them, and then the media tried to convince us that their chants of "Death to America" didn't mean "Death to America". Here is the completely garbage article if people don't remember: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/08/w...o-america.html

I get that this potential war is scary, and that maybe my opinion is moot because I don't serve. I truly believe that if we topple the Ayatollah's and Iran's fascistic government, that a lot of things in the Middle East will start to go right. Why is it that Democrats argue that Trump is some sort of fascist yet they run around the world supporting actual fascist. Trump is reducing regulations, and trying to eliminate whole sections of government... that is literally the opposite of Fascism... do Democrats not know what Fascism is? Or do they just support it and fool morons to believe the opposite?
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." -Margaret Mead

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DitkasSausage View Post
    The reality is this... haven't we been at war with Iran for a long time? This guy is responsible for a lot of US deaths and casualties. Iran abducted a US ship recently. They support Hamas and Hezbollah, who have attacked American interests. So how long is it admissible? What exactly is the amount of US deaths we are willing to accept by one country either directly or through financing? They are the financial force behind most of the terrorist activity in the Middle East, they threaten Iraq daily to the point that Iraq just does what they are told for fear of being killed. They race towards a nuclear weapon, and everyone pretty much knows that if they develop a nuke at 4:35 in the afternoon, they will lob it directly at Israel at 4:45 with only a break to celebrate. I'd say they are a BIG reason the Middle East IS a dumpster fire. I've thought for a long time that this was a war too long in the making. I'm more than a little disgusted with Democrats who are horrified we killed a guy that just tried to attack an embassy and was planning more US attacks. When are Democrats going to stop being on everyone's side BUT the United States? Do they even care who they side with in order to hurt Trump? It doesn't seem like it. People might think this is over the top, but I feel that Obama, and his handling of Iran was 100% treasonous against the US. Not sure how you can frame that it wasn't. He gave $billions to them, and then the media tried to convince us that their chants of "Death to America" didn't mean "Death to America". Here is the completely garbage article if people don't remember: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/08/w...o-america.html

I get that this potential war is scary, and that maybe my opinion is moot because I don't serve. I truly believe that if we topple the Ayatollah's and Iran's fascistic government, that a lot of things in the Middle East will start to go right. Why is it that Democrats argue that Trump is some sort of fascist yet they run around the world supporting actual fascist. Trump is reducing regulations, and trying to eliminate whole sections of government... that is literally the opposite of Fascism... do Democrats not know what Fascism is? Or do they just support it and fool morons to believe the opposite?
    Most Iranians want the Ayatollah to go. They’re tired of being broke and want to join the rest of the modern world.