Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: An Even Closer Look: 2020 WR draft class

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    I'm not AGAINST drafting a WR (even early, if that's how the board shakes out), but I think we HAVE TO find a quality 3rd OT in this draft (or FA, if the opportunity presents itself).

We can't go into another season crossing our fingers that Stanley / Brown stay healthy the whole year.
    Haven’t really looked at the OT class yet this year but I would definitely be on board with taking a big boy who could challenge Bozeman and Powers for one of the G spots while also serving as our third T. That’s what I wanted to do with Cody Ford last year, and what I assume we were going to do with Jawaan Taylor who was reportedly our second choice last year at 25.

First glance Mekhi Becton seems to be surging into 1st round consideration, and he seems like a great fit for that kind of thing. Just monstrous size and strength. No idea how much bend he gets though which would be my first concern with bumping a dude that tall inside.

Miz is much better at this stuff than I am, but how about this:

R1 - Kenneth Murray, ILB, Oklahoma
    R2 - Brandon Ayiuk, WR, Arizona State
    R3 - Jonathon Greenard, EDGE, Florida
    R4 - Jordan Elliott, DT, Missouri
    R4 comp - K'Von Wallace, sCB/FS, Clemson (need ot check M2M coverage)
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

3. Re: An Even Closer Look: 2020 WR draft class

The Ravens just do not use the WR group enough to warrant an early round pick. I think the group had less than 115 catches in total this year, (7.1) per game. Plus I'm assuming they'll want to expand Hollywood's role next year and try to get him 100 targets.

I'd say DL, edge and LB are their biggest needs. A good interior OL as well in case Yanda retires. Although, Yanda has to love playing w/ Lamar and is under contract for one more season.

Man, Aiyuk is one of the biggest puzzles in the class to me. Obviously he’s a great prospect as a returner but I just can’t figure out how I feel about him as a WR.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I certainly agree that all things being equal, I'd lean heavily on defense. However, if an offensive player is much more highly rated by EDC and Co. than the next best defensive player, Ozzie says,"Best Player Available." ... Bc
    Completely agree. We're going to be picking at the bottom of the round, hopefully the very bottom. Let's see where the board takes us

GOTA what's your thoughts on Chiasson from LSU?
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    Man, Aiyuk is one of the biggest puzzles in the class to me. Obviously he’s a great prospect as a returner but I just can’t figure out how I feel about him as a WR.
    Just looks like a big play magnet to me. But admittedly, I haven't watched him nearly enough.

This is one of those January mocks that mean nothing come April lol.
    - Ray Lewis

I highly doubt EDC goes WR early in the draft. You have got to see what you have in Hollywood and Miles before investing more draft capital in the position. The Ravens have got to come out of this draft with an iLB and at least one pass rusher. You would think they would be looking for a safety to groom behind Earl also. The only way they go WR before the 6th round is of one falls in their laps.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    GOTA what's your thoughts on Chiasson from LSU?
    Lmaooo I was literally about to type this (though I probably would’ve spelled his name right 😂😂)

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    Lmaooo I was literally about to type this (though I probably would’ve spelled his name right ����)
    WELL EXCUSE ME SPEAK N SPELL

Since I have GOTA on the line I'd like to hear about both Chaisson and Rashard Lawrence the DT.

Fucking Nj.
    - Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

I'm just going to go ahead and call it right now. The Ravens will be drafting Chase Claypool from Notre Dame so he can be another big blocking WR/TE in keep the revolution of this offense going.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I'm just going to go ahead and call it right now. The Ravens will be drafting Chase Claypool from Notre Dame so he can be another big blocking WR/TE in keep the revolution of this offense going.
    Canadian from BC! Love it.
    - Ray Lewis