Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Schefter: Dorsey out as Browns GM

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Maybe they should have went with Josh Allen #1 overall. That arm launching rockets to OBJ and Landry.
    From a pure arm talent perspective, I can completely understand why they went with Mayfield. The problem is that they had no plan of action on how to help mold Mayfield's character. If Manziel had arm talent, he'd be Mayfield.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Very good point. Greg Williams would have told him where to shove it. Kitchens talks tough to the media, but knew who to talk tough to and who not to.
    He looks like hes talked tough to one too many chicken wings

From a pure arm talent perspective, I can completely understand why they went with Mayfield. The problem is that they had no plan of action on how to help mold Mayfield's character. If Manziel had arm talent, he'd be Mayfield.
    It isn’t about “molding his character”, Mayfield isn’t a baby he’s a professional athlete. His parents should have molded his character. Maybe they did and he’s just that much of a tool. The Browns need someone who is going to put Mayfield in his place. He’s not a rookie phenom this time he’s a declining player heading into year three. They need a coach to tell Baker to shut the hell up, be coachable, grow up, or he can hit the bricks.

The Browns would be even worse with Allen. Allen needs a strong organization, surrounding players and right scheme to properly develop. Mayfield despite is poor season is more developed as a passer than Allen.

Allen's in a good situation with Buffalo, he would not be this good in Cleveland.

They outsmarted themselves. As much as I don't care for him, Gregg Williams should have been promoted. Kitchens would have been able to work with Mayfield more closely. Instead, Kitchens ended up in over his head and Mayfield lacks all sense of discipline.
    Exactly...Williams would not have been Dorsey's yes man or Mayfield's coffee fetcher.

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman View Post
    Exactly...Williams would not have been Dorsey's yes man or Mayfield's coffee fetcher.
    See we agree on a lot more than you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman View Post
    Yes....Haslam continues to prove how dumb he is. WTF is the infatuation with McDaniels? You guys can continue to gloat over here, but in reality, it is very true, that this franchise is a dumpster fire, and will continue to be that, with the dumb ass Haslams as owners.
    Good truck stops tho......

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Way Down South in New Orleans

I didn't realize this but they still have the baseball Paul DePodesta in the Browns front office. He is one of the names being rumored to replace Dorsey. I don't know if DePodesta is any good or should he return to baseball.

DePodesta has been around the Browns in whatever capacity, whatever he does there for a while now. Doesn’t look like his ‘genius’ is paying off yet. I don’t know if it’s better or worse to not be able to win with good players in his case though. A good coach would have ran Chubb all day at the beginning of the season and they certainly should have least snuck in as the 6 seed.

Dorsey assembled a ton of talent. he should be considered for exec of the year with the talent he assembled. its the coaching that crapped the bed. i got to believe this guy will be in demand based on the successful talent evaluation he has done.

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    I didn't realize this but they still have the baseball Paul DePodesta in the Browns front office. He is one of the names being rumored to replace Dorsey. I don't know if DePodesta is any good or should he return to baseball.
    Analytics guy according the the Athletic article

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Way Down South in New Orleans

12. Re: Schefter: Dorsey out as Browns GM

Quote Originally Posted by Meanie Bigjae View Post
    Then he can bring Tebow out of retirement!
    I think Tebow is still playing professional baseball, but yes, if it was Cleveland, yeah, I'd hire Urban, I'd give him the powers of a GM, yeah, I'd want Urban to just do whatever he wants, bringing back all of his greatest hits, all the available Buckeyes, ones he coached, ones before him. Tim Tebow, JT Barrett, Cardale Jones, Braxton Miller, Terrelle Pryor. Keep Chubb. If he can get full value for Baker Mayfield, OBJ and Landry, let them go. Unless the Urban Meyer way in the NFL needs those types of players.

If you fire the coach after one year and the GM after 2, when those 2 years are an improvement, when you insist on playoffs despite being a team that almost never goes to the playoffs, you're almost never going to the playoffs, nothing will ever work, so there's no downside risk to anything you do.

First, assume that nothing but failure can every happen. Assuming that, what can you do to get some sort of positive result.

1) work with the make a wish foundation. Some sick kid might want to play football. The Browns can do that.

2) etc

3) Urban Meyer has had a lot of success in Ohio and he's popular. Buckeyes overall are popular. Bring in Urban. Just draft Buckeyes.

4) etc. Don't bother overthinking it. Have fun with it.