Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Schefter: Dorsey out as Browns GM

I thought Dorsey did a decent job in building a talented roster, but then made some questionable coaching decisions. Of course, no one knows how much influence the owner had on some of those decisions. And Jimmy Haslam has been at the root in their lack of success. The Browns owner is just simply too knee-jerkey.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    SHIT, let them re hire the guy who got caught twice videotaping practices for Mcdaniels and Bellicheck and they will still find a way to lose games.

Man It must be awful to be a Browns fan. Their fan base just continues to get shit on by their owner
    Yes....Haslam continues to prove how dumb he is. WTF is the infatuation with McDaniels? You guys can continue to gloat over here, but in reality, it is very true, that this franchise is a dumpster fire, and will continue to be that, with the dumb ass Haslams as owners.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman View Post
    Yes....Haslam continues to prove how dumb he is. WTF is the infatuation with McDaniels? You guys can continue to gloat over here, but in reality, it is very true, that this franchise is a dumpster fire, and will continue to be that, with the dumb ass Haslams as owners.
    Not sure MCdaniels name is all over their board.
    He is all the talk.

Yes, The Browns are a dumpster fire as usual. Firing DOrsey, the only correct hire that team has made in two decades should tell you that.

I have my fingers Crossed for a MCdaniels hire. Someone actually created a thread saying Bellicheck would be coming back to finish what he started. lol

Blog Entries

You'd have to be desperate to take a job with the Browns. That owner is a nightmare and he's not going anywhere.

This morning before this news was even rumored, Brady Quinn was talking about the Browns situation. He's a life long Browns fan and former Browns player. Quinn said the Browns have a failure on the ownership level. He compared them to the 49ers who picked Lynch and Shannahan to run their team and stuck with them through 2 tough years with a lot of injuries. Year 3 and they are 13-3 and the #1 seed in the NFC. Quinn said that wouldn't happen if they guys worked for Haslam. It was interesting to hear someone on the radio speaking that honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    You'd have to be desperate to take a job with the Browns. That owner is a nightmare and he's not going anywhere.

This morning before this news was even rumored, Brady Quinn was talking about the Browns situation. He's a life long Browns fan and former Browns player. Quinn said the Browns have a failure on the ownership level. He compared them to the 49ers who picked Lynch and Shannahan to run their team and stuck with them through 2 tough years with a lot of injuries. Year 3 and they are 13-3 and the #1 seed in the NFC. Quinn said that wouldn't happen if they guys worked for Haslam. It was interesting to hear someone on the radio speaking that honestly.
    Yep, big mistake firing Dorsey IMO when he has built a very good roster. His mistake was keeping Hue and rolling with kittens.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Dorsey got run out of KC by Reid, so he didn't want a strong coach again. So you get Kittens.

I think this might be the right move IF, BIG IF, they can lure a good GM to come and work with a strong coach.

The key is people who want to win and don't care who gets the credit. That is the problem in Dallas, as bad as Jerruh wants to win he can't stand for a coach like Johnson to get the credit.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Dorsey got run out of KC by Reid, so he didn't want a strong coach again. So you get Kittens.

I think this might be the right move IF, BIG IF, they can lure a good GM to come and work with a strong coach.

The key is people who want to win and don't care who gets the credit. That is the problem in Dallas, as bad as Jerruh wants to win he can't stand for a coach like Johnson to get the credit.
    The Haslams don't care about winning. They have idiots like me filling the stadium every game...increasing their investment, without winning. Why would they need to win.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

The Haslams don't care about winning. They have idiots like me filling the stadium every game...increasing their investment, without winning. Why would they need to win.
    In today's NFL winning doesn't cost much more than losing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    Hard to believe that Dorsey actually hired Kittens....

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    They outsmarted themselves. As much as I don't care for him, Gregg Williams should have been promoted. Kitchens would have been able to work with Mayfield more closely. Instead, Kitchens ended up in over his head and Mayfield lacks all sense of discipline.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Mayfield needs a Holmgren. Anything short of that and Cleveland will be looking for a new QB soon.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    They outsmarted themselves. As much as I don't care for him, Gregg Williams should have been promoted. Kitchens would have been able to work with Mayfield more closely. Instead, Kitchens ended up in over his head and Mayfield lacks all sense of discipline.
    Maybe they should have went with Josh Allen #1 overall. That arm launching rockets to OBJ and Landry.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post

Very good point. Greg Williams would have told him where to shove it. Kitchens talks tough to the media, but knew who to talk tough to and who not to.