Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

It's good to be right! 2020

Forum posters here LOVE to spout their dumb opinions and make foolish predictions. You guys don't know nuthin.
    Let's take a quick stroll thru 2019; I'll show ya'll how it's really done.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    How we will beat the Chargers:
    Long drives. Physical football on offense; true RPO's, where Lamar has an option to hand off or throw.

Michael Vick never got hurt

Culley's 63 yrs old. I doubt he's thinking about moving up the coaching ladder.

Harbs gave Rexy the "assistant" title way back in '08, and the two of them talked about it as a way to boost his chances of landing a head job. That's the last time the staff had an "assistant" HC.

The Ravens are not gonna play .850 ball the whole season next year ... I'm not projecting 12 wins. I think 10 or 11 is the right ballpark.

Bisciotti will have the whole gang at the "State of the Ravens" presser. DeCosta's first time to be The GM up there, so Biscuit will bring the whole crew.

Bill Parcells got to the SB with Drew Brees and the Patriots.

Evidently I'm not supposed to call another poster "dipshit".

CJ Mosley fits exactly the model of who the Ravens give the big bux in free agency.
    Looking at how we did in that half of football in Cincinnati – sheesh, we shouldn't even bother to field a defensive squad without Mosley.

Juju Smith-Schuster had a lot of big success as a return man in college

No way that we get an OC who fields an offense so wildly successful that teams are banging down the door to interveiw him for HC.

Chris Moore is an overlooked player that will have a large impact for the Ravens.
    I think Moore opens the season as the starter; and he makes plays at a rate that makes it impossible to take him out of the lineup. Thousand yards, ~8+ TDs.

Joe's gonna play lights-out, to open the season. Very hot for a game or three.

I expect very close to 50/50 run/pass ratio (incl sacks).
    I got Lamar at 6-7 rushes per game

There's never been a single year we've opened the season with only 5 WRs on the roster.

I know that WR #6 has often been a gameday inactive. But we've always had one.

Did Peanut play safety in college??

I got Lamar at about 3300+ yards passing and 500+ rushing in 2019. So 3800 or maybe more like 3900 combined.

Shane Ray probably has double-digit sack talent. It might take him a year to work all the way back up to that; but he could be a serious steal.

Exciting.

For this season:
    • Lamar is a 22yo about to make his 9th NFL start
    • Boykin is a rookie (as is Marquise)
    • It's a brand-new playbook (new in the world, not just new to this team!)
    • And we have a first-year Passing Game Coordinator

It's just not possible for it all to be as smooth a machine as, I dunno, Peyton Manning's Indy teams or whoever. Cannot be done.

For THIS season, I expect to see flashes and hints of greatness; and a whole lot of inconsistency, some sputtering, and plenty of mistakes. False starts, miscommunications between QB & receiver, etc. Some tantalizing & exciting stuff, and plenty of annoying & frustrating stuff.

We will go 3 and 5 on the road, hold serve at home.

11 and 5.

Stay tuned. Plenty more insights exactly as good as those, coming from me in 2020!

Re: It's good to be right! 2020

I like your honesty here. Had you accurately predicted what we got actually got this year at the beginning of the season people would have thought you were off your lithium.

I said Seiler could become a poor man's JJ Watt, based on certain similarities in their college career. I still want him back on the Ravens so I can be right. Sigh.

You stink at this, I think we get it.

Just kidding, much respect. It would look like a John Reglaperson post if I listed everything I got wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    Just kidding, much respect. It would look like a John Reglaperson post if I listed everything I got wrong.
    Honestly this is just a sampler. The forum search feature is pretty terrible. I'd still be working on this thru the SB, if I listed everything I got wrong.

I predicted 13-3 and the number 1 seed. I know someone else who said LJ would become the MVP. Obviously this was on a bold statements thread, but pretty accurate.

Forum posters here LOVE to spout their dumb opinions and make foolish predictions. You guys don't know nuthin.
    Let's take a quick stroll thru 2019; I'll show ya'll how it's really done.

Stay tuned. Plenty more insights exactly as good as those, coming from me in 2020!

Lol. My man Jimmy!

Did you ever figure up the season ending splits for pass/run? I doubt we hit 60% run but I bet it was 57% ish run?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Did you ever figure up the season ending splits for pass/run? I doubt we hit 60% run but I bet it was 57% ish run?
    Oh! Dude, I totally let that slide.

Shouldn't take but a moment to finish that up. Let me take a quick look.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Goddamit!

We were comfortably sliding into home with 55% runs. Then we have to run out the clock in a totally meaningless game with our best offensive players taking a bye. That 65% rushing in game 16 pushed our season average up to 56%.

Looks like I need to find & add a quote into the OP of this thread.

I thought Boykin and Hollywood would be chronically injured.

I thought Moore would be a stud.

I thought Hayden Hurst and Andrews would have roughly even stats.

I thought Peanut would put up monster games.

I thought Daylon Mack would be disruptive along the line.

I thought Jefferson would bounce back with ET back there.

I thought Lamar would probably max out at 3 passing TDs in a game all season.

I thought Shane Ray would hit 5-6 sacks.

I thought Tim Williams would hit 8-9 sacks.

I thought Tyus Bowser would hit 9-10 sacks.

I thought Zach Sieler would hit 10-15 sacks. Just kidding. Sort of.

Ugh.

11. Re: It's good to be right! 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    You stink at this, I think we get it.

?

because long posts?

I should point out that, although it's really hard for me to find my old posts, I had the Ravens as doing as well with Lamar this year as they did with Lamar last year, which meant 12-2, and 2 games were question marks. Pretty much everything the Ravens did this year - like breaking the rushing records especially, maybe not the multiple 158.3s and the demolishing of good teams with 40something to single digit scores - didn't really come as a surprise. The loss to the Browns was a surprise. Defense was a bit of a problem initially, that was somewhat foreseeable. Sometimes "next man up" at 3 positions leaves the defense a little weaker.

Would like to see something that I wrote that was flat out wrong, way off base. With all the words I type there should be huge chunks of really wrong, but I can't think of them. Draft Malcolm Perry. That could turn out to not happen. Often requests aren't answered. But that's one to look at, to see how that one goes in the future. Combine and pro day numbers for Perry, Bowden, Tate, running QBs for Navy, Kentucky, Arizona. Plenty of top tier running QBs (at running) get no shot at playing QB in the NFL. The eye test says all 3 are great runners, I'd like to see numbers.

12. Re: It's good to be right! 2020

Quote Originally Posted by QuothDaRaven View Post
    I thought Boykin and Hollywood would be chronically injured.

I thought Moore would be a stud.

I thought Hayden Hurst and Andrews would have roughly even stats.

I thought Peanut would put up monster games.

I thought Daylon Mack would be disruptive along the line.

I thought Jefferson would bounce back with ET back there.

I thought Lamar would probably max out at 3 passing TDs in a game all season.

I thought Shane Ray would hit 5-6 sacks.

I thought Tim Williams would hit 8-9 sacks.

I thought Tyus Bowser would hit 9-10 sacks.

I thought Zach Sieler would hit 10-15 sacks. Just kidding. Sort of.

Ugh.

I thought it would be nice to see Daylon Mack, because he ran for TDs in high school, do something similar to Patrick Ricard. Still do. I didn't predict that Mack would actually be used in that role. It does still seem to me that a 6'1 330+ pound DT should be a good run blocker, at OL or in the backfield. It's possible that doing that might be one of those "run wrinkles in reserve" for the playoffs. The Ravens have 5 guys that basic size. Pierce has the crazy high sparq of the big DTs.