Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Ravens Sign Andre Smith OL

Per BR.com

Re: Ravens Sign Andre Smith OL

You gotta love a big man unashamed to let his titties fly.

Guess we don’t trust hurst as our primary backup tackle. Is this guy decent?

He WAS decent.

Who knows what he is now, but I think our Front Office has earned the benefit of the doubt.

It seems like a reasonable pick up at this stage though he got cut by the Bengals so he can't have been very good this year.

I've wanted us to get some more tackle help all season but the fact we're only doing it now makes me worry that someone has picked up an injury.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    It seems like a reasonable pick up at this stage though he got cut by the Bengals so he can't have been very good this year.

I've wanted us to get some more tackle help all season but the fact we're only doing it now makes me worry that someone has picked up an injury.
    Well, this article says that the Ravens placed Parker Ehinger on IR, which opened up a spot for the Ravens to sign Andre Smith. Not sure if Ehinger really suffered an injury or if the Ravens just stashed him on IR to get a reserve OT instead of another OG. They have Ben Powers as a back-up OG in case they need one. They also have James Hurst though, so could it be possible that Hurst is hurt?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...d-andre-smith/
    Last edited by Dirt1; 01-08-2020 at 11:56 AM.
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Blog Entries

I was going to say, this is probably because Ehinger is hurt (and was terrible when he played). Given they didn't activate Powers at all this year until the final game, I doubt they wanted to risk having to play him in a playoff game if disaster struck. Also works as tackle depth if needed, maybe I am thinking of someone else but I feel like he played OG too?
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I was going to say, this is probably because Ehinger is hurt (and was terrible when he played). Given they didn't activate Powers at all this year until the final game, I doubt they wanted to risk having to play him in a playoff game if disaster struck. Also works as tackle depth if needed, maybe I am thinking of someone else but I feel like he played OG too?
    I think Smith has played both OT and OG.
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

A former Alabama guy. There's one thing certain - the Ravens know their Alabama players

Quote Originally Posted by Davesta View Post
    Guess we don’t trust hurst as our primary backup tackle. Is this guy decent?
    I wouldn't say that. Andre Smith isn't just a tackle since he has experience playing at guard as well.

Can't imagine them playing him playing him at LT so not an indictment of Hurst.

I think it's likely Ehringer being injured and wanted experience with a swing tackle.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Hopefully he's not active during the playoffs. The Bengals cut him earlier in the year and we all know how desperate they were for offensive linemen