Page 98 of 101 FirstFirst ... 96979899100 ... LastLast
Results 1,165 to 1,176 of 1203

Thread: Wrasslin'

Blog Entries

Re: Wrasslin'

This promo still remains the best promo in wrasslin history IMO:

https://youtu.be/Cu18oxc0D3E

Shame about the heel turn for Steve Austin. I still believe this was the biggest mistake in WWE history.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    This promo still remains the best promo in wrasslin history IMO:

https://youtu.be/Cu18oxc0D3E

Shame about the heel turn for Steve Austin. I still believe this was the biggest mistake in WWE history.
    The build to that match was up there with Wrestlemanias III and V. That video is still as epic as ever.

And in terms of the undercard, the pop that Linda gets when she stands up in Shane vs Vince still gives me chills...

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post

Pretty common knowledge honestly among wrestling fans. I don't think anyone has ever 100% confirmed this story but that is how legend goes. There's a reason he was never invited back to WWE after he left in 94 and WCW folded or put in the WWE HOF until he passed. For such a legendary and historic figure in the company/wrestling, had to be a big blow up for him and Vince to never reconcile when Vince will reconcile with anyone if it meant making $$$.
    Mindshock detailed the story. He also pointed out that Randy took Slim Jim with him to WCW and that was a huge blow to McMahon and an enormous financial loss. That could have been the reason instead of Stephanie.

He also had the Howard Stern interview with Stephanie.

Small update on the upcoming Saturday show for AEW...

Major Changes In Order For AEW

There are some major changes in store for All Elite Wrestling.

AEW Collision is set to be announced imminently, likely in conjunction with the WBD Upfronts. We haven’t heard that Dynamite has also been extended, but we did note recently that Collision will see a big cash infusion for AEW. But that isn’t all that‘s changing.

As of last week, it was believed that there would be a soft roster split for AEW Dynamite and Collision. This would allow talent that didn’t get along to work shows when necessary without the likelihood of conflict that we saw a lot of backstage in AEW in 2022. However, instead, we’re told that talent are expecting a hard brand split, with the exception of many AEW Champions. We’ve been told that there will be additional exceptions here and there. We have not learned how exactly the split will be determined, if there will be a draft, or how that will work out. However, the working plan as of this week is a firm brand split, with some rare exceptions.

Those we’ve spoken to said that bringing back several previously absent talent was planned out, and they were told it was strategic timing to go along with the new show. In addition to talent that naturally needs more television time, several returning talent look to benefit from this move.

The working plan is to film AEW Rampage with Dynamite tapings, and ROH with Collision tapings. Those that we’ve spoken to say that there looks like some WCW Nitro influence to early graphics tied to Collision.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

I know Cassidy will make you groan but add Punk to this lineup and I'm not going to watch Dynamite lol

back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

RIP Superstar Billy Graham
    Still remember when he took the title from Bruno Sammartino with his feet on the ropes

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    RIP Superstar Billy Graham
    Still remember when he took the title from Bruno Sammartino with his feet on the ropes
    He was a larger than life character. I remember seeing him as a teen. No one else had his physique at that time.

RIP Iron Shiek

Blog Entries

Really been enjoying AEW since the Punk return. Both episodes of Collision and Forbidden Door, for my personal tastes, were excellent. Dynamite is still a lot of shit mixed with some good, but it's better than it was a month ago. People will say what they want about Omega and Ospreay and how they work matches, and it's definitely a polarizing style, but that match Sunday would likely be in my top 10 favorite matches list. Just incredible work. The Punk/Kojima match was great. The Danielson/Okada match was good. When you get the professionals on the program, it's quite good.

Collision is a breath of fresh air from Dynamite - I personally am loving it. The top stuff is great and full of good workers and good personalities between Bullet Club Gold, Joe, Punk, and FTR. Looks like they got Starks involved too. This is fantastic if you're a fan of these guys and wanted to see them more. Same for House of Black (I like the members, not so much the gimmick) and Andrade and Miro. The bullshit has been kept to a minimum so far. Really good stuff.

Punk is a polarizing dude and ultimately he handled that situation wrong, but he makes me want to watch, and he's still as good as ever in ring.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Really been enjoying AEW since the Punk return. Both episodes of Collision and Forbidden Door, for my personal tastes, were excellent. Dynamite is still a lot of shit mixed with some good, but it's better than it was a month ago. People will say what they want about Omega and Ospreay and how they work matches, and it's definitely a polarizing style, but that match Sunday would likely be in my top 10 favorite matches list. Just incredible work. The Punk/Kojima match was great. The Danielson/Okada match was good. When you get the professionals on the program, it's quite good.

Collision is a breath of fresh air from Dynamite - I personally am loving it. The top stuff is great and full of good workers and good personalities between Bullet Club Gold, Joe, Punk, and FTR. Looks like they got Starks involved too. This is fantastic if you're a fan of these guys and wanted to see them more. Same for House of Black (I like the members, not so much the gimmick) and Andrade and Miro. The bullshit has been kept to a minimum so far. Really good stuff.

Punk is a polarizing dude and ultimately he handled that situation wrong, but he makes me want to watch, and he's still as good as ever in ring.
    Ospreay/Omega 1000% should been the main event. I really want to see Ospreay vs Rollins, but it will be awhile before that happens, if ever.

I agree with you on Collision. I'm digging it. Unfortunately, ratings took a huge hit for the 2nd episode. Less than 600k, and next week they will be up against Money In The Bank. I still fast forward through most of Dynamite. Just so much there I don't care to watch.

Hate to see Danielson getting hurt and set to miss time with his broken arm. Apparently it's worse than initially expected so he may be out for a decent amount of time again.

Omega away from the Young Sucks is slowly growing on me, but I still don't think he's as great as everyone makes him out to be. Dude got into the no sell mode for a bit there in that Ospreay match. Got the shit beat out of him them popped right up like the match hadn't even started yet late into the match. I can't stand that. Lol. I'm a stickler for March selling throughout the entirety of it, not small bursts of selling or just spot selling. That said, he is much better as a solo performer than tied to the Young Sucks, but that's just me not liking anything they do. :) I like Hangman, but refuse to watch him now that he's back teaming with them. He's joined my skip list until he's back wrestling singles action.

I was wrong earlier, Money In The Bank will be in the afternoon due to taking place in London, so Collision won't be going up against it. I forgot it was in London.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    Ospreay/Omega 1000% should been the main event. I really want to see Ospreay vs Rollins, but it will be awhile before that happens, if ever.

I agree with you on Collision. I'm digging it. Unfortunately, ratings took a huge hit for the 2nd episode. Less than 600k, and next week they will be up against Money In The Bank. I still fast forward through most of Dynamite. Just so much there I don't care to watch.

Hate to see Danielson getting hurt and set to miss time with his broken arm. Apparently it's worse than initially expected so he may be out for a decent amount of time again.

Omega away from the Young Sucks is slowly growing on me, but I still don't think he's as great as everyone makes him out to be. Dude got into the no sell mode for a bit there in that Ospreay match. Got the shit beat out of him them popped right up like the match hadn't even started yet late into the match. I can't stand that. Lol. I'm a stickler for March selling throughout the entirety of it, not small bursts of selling or just spot selling. That said, he is much better as a solo performer than tied to the Young Sucks, but that's just me not liking anything they do. :) I like Hangman, but refuse to watch him now that he's back teaming with them. He's joined my skip list until he's back wrestling singles action.

Yeah I agree on Omega and Ospreay, there was no following that, it's crazy that Tony and other parties involved didn't realize that. I guess maybe it was out of respect to NJPW to have Okada main event.

I also agree with Dynamite. I started watching this week's episode but when it started with Moxley vs. the human turtle Tomohiro Ishii, then went to Daniel Garcia and two other jobbers from JAS vs. OC, Vikingo, and Keith Lee, for absolutely no apparent reason, then went on to setup a fucking DARK ORDER vs. ELITE MATCH...I turned it off. And apparently a lot of other people did too as the show did the lowest rating it's done since 2020. Garcia has been and continues to be literal ratings death for the program and I can't imagine many people are clamoring for more Dark Order/Hangman drama in mid 2023.

I did see the Jack Perry promo afterward and holy shit that has got to be an all timer of a cringe promo. One of the worst I've ever heard. The silence after his "I'm still banging the hottest bitch here" was more cringe than the silence after Bobby Fish's "Where's the lie?" lol.

I've always generally liked Omega but I too vastly prefer his solo work to anything he does with the Bucks. I think him and Ospreay bring out the best in each other and I hope they do a third match at the London show if they aren't going to do something Elite vs. CMFTR - though even then I'd rather just see fuckin Omega vs. Punk (nothing against FTR, obviously). Selling or no selling...I'm so desensitized to it at this point. It would be nice to see...the Buddy vs. Andrade match on the first episode of Collision was great for that. Buddy sold the knee the whole time and it impacted his moves in match. I was very impressed with him there, the best I've ever seen him.
    back on twitter