Page 95 of 101 FirstFirst ... 9394959697 ... LastLast
Results 1,129 to 1,140 of 1212

Thread: Wrasslin'

Blog Entries

Re: Wrasslin'

If you are looking for charisma go look up the promos from Dr. D David Schultz in the AWA and then WWF. Mean Gene had a tough time not laughing. It was to the point that the camera man would do a closeup on Dr. D just to so Gene would be out of the shot. Schultz was a real life lunatic who attacked newsman John Stossel. He was pretty much blacklisted from wrestling after than and became a bounty hunter. This guy lived the gimmick because it wasn't a gimmick. It was all real and some of the best promos you'll ever see.

I have to bring up my other favorite because I don't think he's been mentioned. The Exotic Adrian Street! Street was a heterosexual man making everyone uncomfortable by doing a crossing dressing bisexual gimmick. He was also one of the greatest shooters ever and could tie up anyone. I once saw a match where he wrestled Terry Taylor. They lock up and Street kisses Taylor on the mouth. Taylor freaks out because Street never told him is was coming. Street then beats him with a roll up. Cornette managed Street in Memphis and has a million stories. This is the best Cornette quote on Adrian Street and it sums him up

"That was Adrian Street, noted British shooter who could've ripped your cock off & beaten you with it while eating dinner with the other hand"
    Last edited by GOTA; 11-14-2022 at 03:06 PM.

Blog Entries

MJF is the new AEW Champ. Can't wait to see his reign.

This Elite vs. Death Triangle best of 7 series has to be a rib on Jim Cornette.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Watching most awesome WWE debuts on peacock and they showed some of the Million Dollar Man vignettes and there was one where he purchased a public pool just to get the kids out of it….hilarious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

AEW ratings tanking now...did like 870k or something and lowest demo rating ever. Dropped over 130k viewers in the first half hour after the lead in. Can't say I am surprised. Show sucks. Cold matches or repetitive matches, take your pick, it's all you get right now. The Dax Danielson match was good but it just like, happened. No build or anything. Also probably don't need to be a genius to know that people don't want to watch the same match 7 times...

Jade Cargill though...

back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

AEW Hook running into ring and Big Bill running away from little Hook… that was too much suspension of disbelief.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Big news of Vince coming back to WWE and heavy rumors on the various dirt sheets that they are selling to Saudi Arabia (some saying a deal is already in place). Also supposedly on completion of the sale Vince will be head of creative again = I will not be watching WWE any more.

Willie Reegs this morning after forcing his way out of AEW to go work for HHH who may not be in charge much longer:

back on twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Big news of Vince coming back to WWE and heavy rumors on the various dirt sheets that they are selling to Saudi Arabia (some saying a deal is already in place). Also supposedly on completion of the sale Vince will be head of creative again = I will not be watching WWE any more.

Willie Reegs this morning after forcing his way out of AEW to go work for HHH who may not be in charge much longer:

Nailed it

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Vince needs to go off into the night. Screw Saudi Arabia.

9. Re: Wrasslin'

"Saddam did not invade Kuwait. He conquered Kuwait" The real life US Army drill instructor, Sargeant Slaughter. The WWE took it to another level!
    The wife put her hand on her knee for healing and the husband on his crotch.

Wife: "Husband the pastor can only do healing miracles, not raise the dead!"

This totally sucks ass. Car accident. R.I.P.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

They say his daughter may be paralyzed too I guess she couldn't feel her legs, Jay's wife made a FB saying she was going into surgery so fingers crossed on positive outcome there. Shocking. I don't know if it's because he's just 2 years older than me or the kid being hurt too now that I have a kid as well or what but it's hitting me harder than a death has recently. I wasn't even a huge Briscoes fan, only turned on to them this year with their FTR matches. Sucks.

Hopefully Warner (who supposedly wouldn't let the Briscoes on TNT/TBS b/c of some homophobic stuff from a decade ago) lets TK and AEW give him a proper tribute.
    back on twitter

They say his daughter may be paralyzed too I guess she couldn't feel her legs, Jay's wife made a FB saying she was going into surgery so fingers crossed on positive outcome there. Shocking. I don't know if it's because he's just 2 years older than me or the kid being hurt too now that I have a kid as well or what but it's hitting me harder than a death has recently. I wasn't even a huge Briscoes fan, only turned on to them this year with their FTR matches. Sucks.

Hopefully Warner (who supposedly wouldn't let the Briscoes on TNT/TBS b/c of some homophobic stuff from a decade ago) lets TK and AEW give him a proper tribute.
    It definitely hits harder. Always does when kids are involved. :*(

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk