Page 57 of 101 FirstFirst ... 5556575859 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrasslin'

Blog Entries

Re: Wrasslin'

It's clear off the Darby promo he's coming, but I read there were a couple other possible references to Punk last night also, one of the Bucks did the high knee in the corner into a bulldog that Punk used to do, and MJF said:

“Chris, as you sit there in more pain than you’ve ever been in your entire life, I want you to listen to me,”

which of course is similar to what Punk said to Cena during the pipebomb promo:

“John Cena, while you lay there, hopefully as uncomfortable as you can possibly be, I want you to listen to me,”

TNT apparently doesn't want AEW to spring any more surprise appearances but I'm sure AEW doesn't want to just say oh hey CM Punk is going to be on this show, so I think they are just laying it on thick enough for people to know he's going to be there without outright saying he's going to be there.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Omos is over with the fans but I'm not sure it would last if he wasn't paired with AJ. He's in a good position now I'm not sure they move him to doing stuff alone any time soon. He really lucked out being the one picked to go with AJ, that other big guy from Raw Underground that got stuck with Apollo as Commander Azeez isn't so lucky lol.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

I really enjoyed AEW's show last night. One of the overall best wrestling shows I've seen this year so far. I know I said I was done with that shitshow company, but once they started to bring in guys Vince totally dropped the ball on, I wanted to see how they would be used and showcased there. Really hope they bring in Buddy Murphy so he can showcase his abilities properly on national TV as well. Absolutely loved hearing Malakai Black chants last night. Was a big fan of Aliestar and Vince shit the bed on him. Miro is enjoyable to watch again as well.

Now with DB and Punk 99% coming in, I'm actually excited for wrestling again.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I am excited and hopeful as well that it will motivate Vince and his cronies to write better stories. That would be the biggest single gain from all this IMO. If I was a lesser known wrestler in AEW, I'd be concerned be concerned that I was going to end up back on the street pretty soon. Even with a second show, there is only so much room for the bloated roster that they currently have, and every company has a bottom line. There is a lot of dead weight that is going to need to be cut to pay for the likes of CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, and Christian.

AEW still has too much of a minor league field to it the way they carry themselves with the constant references to the WWE. It makes them seem insecure when they really don't need to be. Given given the WWE's global reach and all the TV deals, the peacock deal, the merchandising deals and everything they have in place around the world, I don't see AEW ever being able to be anything but their strongest 2nd place rival. Even if ratings somehow get close to one another which I have my doubts about, that's only one factor in how globally dominant Vince has been.

To say nothing of the WWE's net worth in and of itself, due to it being a publicly traded company. AEW can't even touch that.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Don Frye's Moustache View Post
    I am excited and hopeful as well that it will motivate Vince and his cronies to write better stories. That would be the biggest single gain from all this IMO. If I was a lesser known wrestler in AEW, I'd be concerned be concerned that I was going to end up back on the street pretty soon. Even with a second show, there is only so much room for the bloated roster that they currently have, and every company has a bottom line. There is a lot of dead weight that is going to need to be cut to pay for the likes of CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, and Christian.

AEW still has too much of a minor league field to it the way they carry themselves with the constant references to the WWE. It makes them seem insecure when they really don't need to be. Given given the WWE's global reach and all the TV deals, the peacock deal, the merchandising deals and everything they have in place around the world, I don't see AEW ever being able to be anything but their strongest 2nd place rival. Even if ratings somehow get close to one another which I have my doubts about, that's only one factor in how globally dominant Vince has been.

To say nothing of the WWE's net worth in and of itself, due to it being a publicly traded company. AEW can't even touch that.

IF RAW keeps on being like it has been, I guarantee AEW starts beating them overall in ratings before the end of the year. As of now, the WWE brand draft has been pushed back till October so unless Becky and Bray make their returns soon, it will keep on being the same garbage each week on RAW. NXT should have more viewers product wise. I'm not sure why their ratings haven't increased. Smackdown will be fine going into the brand draft. Word is WWE has now sold their network rights to Peacock in the UK and Europe. With all the negative feedback they have been getting from US fans, I don't see how that will do them any favors. Peacock app is straight garbage. Top executives including Vince, Stephanie, and HHH as well as others just sold a large chunk of their stock shares. It happens each year after Mania, but it's not a good look to the public when that story comes out. Add in the rumors of them potentially selling to NBC or Disney and the backlash of them having another show Saudia Arabia and things start to not look so good.

They can say they aren't worried about CM Punk signing with AEW all they want to, but we all know they are pissed and know damn well he will bring more eyes on their product. They are reportedly pissed that they couldn't bring DB back and AEW is getting him. Now, reports are that Lesnar is definitely not returning so that's another big name off the table. But sure, they can keep bringing Oldberg in when needed. ;)

WWE did it to themselves by continually giving the fans the same shit over and over and thinking the fans are too dumb to care. Also, by hiring Hollywood writers that know absolutely nothing about wrestling to write their shows for them.

Cena being back and other returning superstars that have been away for awhile will seem fresh at first, but that will wear off quickly due to the same reasons it is the way it is now and has been. It's proven that Vince ruins NXT callups and alot of those in NXT want to stay there for that very reason so they won't be helping the overall main roster product. It's not the talent. It's Vince and the people he has put in place to run/write the shows. I know the Networks have their demands as well, but in the end they want ratings and WWE's have been on a steady decline

Blog Entries

AEW has been solid more or less since they went back on the road. They held at 1.1M last night. If they don't mess up the debuts of Punk and Bryan they have a real chance to do something. And since it looks like Darby is Punk's guy I'm optimistic about them booking something compelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    AEW has been solid more or less since they went back on the road. They held at 1.1M last night. If they don't mess up the debuts of Punk and Bryan they have a real chance to do something. And since it looks like Darby is Punk's guy I'm optimistic about them booking something compelling.
    Was just coming here to post their numbers from last night. I'm actually surprised it dropped but glad it still did over a million. I see where RAW beat them in the demo as well....yikes. lol

WWE Raw hired an acrobat in this guy Reginald. The man can do impressive flips.

Dominos is upset that their TV ad spot ran picture and picture during the death match as a pizza cutter was being used on Jericho and is considering pulling their sponsorship from AEW. Pabst Blue Ribbon is on Twitter sliding into DMs trying to get that ad spot! I love it!!

WWE released Bray Wyatt!!! Smh. Hope he lands in AEW

Blog Entries

I think AEW will definitely be in on him if he wants to wrestle right now. I've heard he's been in a bad place since Brodie died so he may not be interested in wrestling for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    WWE released Bray Wyatt!!! Smh. Hope he lands in AEW

AEW needs to develop way more of their own stars. They don't need the entire 2014-2015 wwe roster. We've seen that. Besides, he's Wyndham Rotundo to AEW. Bray is a wwe property. AEW is quickly falling into the WWE trap of sign every guy you can even if you can't find time to use them.

WWE screwed up wyatt for good when he lost to Cena. He should have stayed a cult leader and not a paranormal magic guy.