Page 49 of 101 FirstFirst ... 4748495051 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrasslin'

Re: Wrasslin'

The more I listen to Cornette, the more I'm convinced him and Brian don't even watch the stuff they are talking about each week. Lol. Obviously they watch most of the stuff, so I'm joking.....kinda.

They always play parts of WWE stuff mainly because people ask them about it but they usually talk crap about whatever it is and ALWAYS have to ask why or what it's about because they haven't been watching and have no clue about the storyline or angle. They just crap on it without having any clue what's going on.

At this point I think they just want to watch AEW so they can crap all over that. Rightfully so to an extent imo. AEW is garbage but Cornette talking absolute crap about it each week is more than likely helping their ratings by having others want to tune in to see the cartwheel.

Anywho, to my point, there is a Corny Clip on YouTube where they talk about Lacey Von Eric doing a live video stream at one of the wrestling conventions during Wrestlemania weekend in Tampa and if they actually watched 5 mins of her actual video they would see that she was joking around and having some fun because she was bored as all get out because there was hardly anyone there. Jim and Brian were acting like she was plastered drunk and going up to all the other wrestlers and not having a clue who they were. They made it seem like those said wrestlers were confused or appalled by it when actually most of them know Lacey and knew she was joking around. It's a 2 hour video of her live streaming and walking around talking to everyone. 100% just having some fun because she was bored.

So once again, Jim and Brian talk about something that they have absolutely no clue what is really going on. They admit they don't keep up with WWE programming yet always have negative things to say without knowing what they are actually talking about subject wise.

They are still entertaining but I'm growing more and more tired of hearing them talk about stuff and not know anything about it each week. If you are gonna have a show and talk about something, maybe know the material beforehand.....

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

I liked the first two matches of Backlash. I've heard the stuff after the Miz/Priest match was good too, but I wouldn't know. I turned it off the minute I saw poorly costumed zombies shuffling to the ring to be lumberjacks for no apparent reason. I have to draw the line somewhere, this was something straight out of early/mid 90s WWF/WCW wrestlecrap and something so offensive to me as a viewer there was no way I was giving them a second more of my time last night. To me this is WWE's lowest creative point (i.e. no something out of their control like Benoit) since Katie Vick almost 20 years ago now. Vince and the rest of the company might want to look in the mirror before they talk about AEW stuff setting the business back however many years. It's real shame as the Lashley/Drew/Strowman and Reigns/Cesaro match were supposedly really good.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I liked the first two matches of Backlash. I've heard the stuff after the Miz/Priest match was good too, but I wouldn't know. I turned it off the minute I saw poorly costumed zombies shuffling to the ring to be lumberjacks for no apparent reason. I have to draw the line somewhere, this was something straight out of early/mid 90s WWF/WCW wrestlecrap and something so offensive to me as a viewer there was no way I was giving them a second more of my time last night. To me this is WWE's lowest creative point (i.e. no something out of their control like Benoit) since Katie Vick almost 20 years ago now. Vince and the rest of the company might want to look in the mirror before they talk about AEW stuff setting the business back however many years. It's real shame as the Lashley/Drew/Strowman and Reigns/Cesaro match were supposedly really good.
    The apparent reason was to help promote Batista's zombie movie. Smh. It would almost, almost make sense if he was still an active wrestler for them or an actual movie under their movie production team (if they still even have one) but it was horrible and only teased on Twitter right before the PPV started. I didn't watch it either.

The last 2 matches, especially the Reigns vs Cesaro match were great. The Reigns/Cesaro match is probably one of the better actual wrestling matches I've seen in quite some time. Other than the zombie bullshit, the PPV was pretty good to great compared to the stuff we have been getting.

Not sure how the AEW elitist can complain about zombies though then turn around and support an actual zombie type character on their roster in Abbadon. Lol. I guess the saying "nobody hates wrestling more than wrestling fans" has a bit of truth to it. The overall fantasy is about as toxic as it gets these days. I'm sure I'm guilty of it at times myself

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    The apparent reason was to help promote Batista's zombie movie. Smh. It would almost, almost make sense if he was still an active wrestler for them or an actual movie under their movie production team (if they still even have one) but it was horrible and only teased on Twitter right before the PPV started. I didn't watch it either.

The last 2 matches, especially the Reigns vs Cesaro match were great. The Reigns/Cesaro match is probably one of the better actual wrestling matches I've seen in quite some time. Other than the zombie bullshit, the PPV was pretty good to great compared to the stuff we have been getting.

Not sure how the AEW elitist can complain about zombies though then turn around and support an actual zombie type character on their roster in Abbadon. Lol. I guess the saying "nobody hates wrestling more than wrestling fans" has a bit of truth to it. The overall fantasy is about as toxic as it gets these days. I'm sure I'm guilty of it at times myself

I like Abadon's look, but I don't like how AEW portrays her as a zombie either. To be fair though she is mainly on the YouTube shows, rarely on Dynamite or a PPV. To your last point, I don't mind schtick...it's always been part of wrestling, I have liked the whole Fiend thing and what Alexa is doing now, hell Undertaker is probably my favorite wrestler of all time, stuff that obviously isn't based in reality...but the zombie thing last night was just, no, lol. It screamed of something Vince was sitting in Gorilla going "THIS IS GOOD SHIT, PAL!" about while everyone else was sitting in the back cringing.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I like Abadon's look, but I don't like how AEW portrays her as a zombie either. To be fair though she is mainly on the YouTube shows, rarely on Dynamite or a PPV. To your last point, I don't mind schtick...it's always been part of wrestling, I have liked the whole Fiend thing and what Alexa is doing now, hell Undertaker is probably my favorite wrestler of all time, stuff that obviously isn't based in reality...but the zombie thing last night was just, no, lol. It screamed of something Vince was sitting in Gorilla going "THIS IS GOOD SHIT, PAL!" about while everyone else was sitting in the back cringing.
    I enjoy the stuff with the Fiend too. I wasn't sold on bringing Alexa into it because I think she didn't need it to help further her along whereas someone else could have benefitted from being in that spot. She's done great with it but she was already a top female star and could have just been herself and been fine. The more I saw of her in that role the more I liked it. It made much more sense with her concussion history to have her doing that and being limited in the ring to further her career. That is why we was tagging with Cross as well. It keeps her actual in ring work minimal but keeps her on screen each week and she is doing a great job with it.

I never thought anything different with the Undertaker. He has always been another character wrestler but I've been watching since the late 80s and grew up watching all the different character wrestlers so he was a normal wrestler for me all along. Now, so many wrestlers are generic or using their real names or a name with no actual gimmick, that the one that have a character gimmick feel out of place or somewhat wrong. Once the Attitude Era faded out, the character gimmicks faded as well. Maybe even started to fade out during that time. But like I said, I grew up watching the character gimmicks so I'm still a sucker for them. Lol. I enjoy Abadon from what I've seen of her. It's nice to see some characters starting to make their way back into the mix. Luchasaurus is another one I like even if he isn't all that great at wrestling. Lol. He botches quite a bit too, but the dude's look and character are on point for me.

Blog Entries

AEW moving to TBS next year, adding a 1 hr show on Friday on TNT.

Gotta be honest last night is the first time I've felt fatigued with it. I am dying for them to go a new direction with booking and present their storylines primarily on the main show, not YouTube.

I could not possibly give less of a fuck about this Nightmare Family - The Factory feud.

Britt Baker is basically the only thing I'm invested in on a weekly basis right now. She's no Becky Lynch or Sasha Banks in the ring but she's money everywhere else.
    back on twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Osmond View Post
    Noticed a healthy amount of wrestling fans on this board prior to joining via threads I came across during a Google search. If you're a wrestling fan or used to be when did you start watching? Which promotion(s) do/did you watch? Who are your fave personalities?
    Started watching back in the days of Bruno Sammartino. Still remember when Superstar Billy Graham came on the scene - the first bodybuilder type wrestler. I recall Haystacks Calhoun, as well as Tony Garea, Taru Tanaka, Ivan Putski and others.

Blog Entries

Sold out crowd for Double or Nothing is awesome, you love to see it. *actual* reactions from people again. I'm not super hyped for anything on this show but I had to get it.

Blog Entries

Crowd makes so much of a difference. Super hot crowd. Judging by the shirts in the crowd they are gonna go ballistic for Britt.

Blog Entries

The Cody/Ogogo match killed the crowd and the momentum. This has been a heck of a show except for that match. Absolutely nobody cares about that feud. Moxley got one of the best reactions I've seen from a crowd in years.

Another round of roster cuts from WWE. I'm actually shocked by this list, minus Lana...she should have been gone long ago.

Blog Entries

Yeah I am surprised to see Braun Strowman given the high profile stuff he's been in recently. I wonder if there is something more to it. None of the others are really a surprise, I'm sure a few places will be going after these guys. Not sure who Santana Garrett is lol.

I expect Black and Murphy to end up in AEW or Impact. They have a lot to offer a company that will actually use them. Ruby would be nice to add to the very green crop of women's wrestlers in AEW.

Lana is definitely headed to AEW if she wants to stay in the business given Miro is there. She can talk for him again which would be a good thing IMO.

Strowman is the one I don't know where he lands. With his name value and size compared to the rest of the roster I'm sure TK is going to be looking at him but the problem is once you get him what does he do? The AEW roster only has a couple guys he can go against. To me he is too big of a name for Impact to bring in. Maybe Japan is where he goes.
    back on twitter