Page 46 of 101 FirstFirst ... 4445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrasslin'

Blog Entries

Re: Wrasslin'

They definitely piped in cheers for Hogan if that's the case, didn't notice any boos when he was on screen, if anything the cheers were louder than Titus lol. They also piped in cheers for Logan Paul up until the end where he shoved Sami. From watching on TV it seemed like the biggest pop of the entire show was Paul getting stunned.

I would agree to me it didn't feel like WrestleMania. Outside of a couple of things match wise it was just like an episode of Raw. The setup of the card was weird, having both women's tag matches go on second was weird, especially given who was involved in the second one. I didn't think anything outside the Fiend match and the women's tag matches were awful but there wasn't anything really spectacular either other than I guess the Sasha/Bianca match.

Was Rhea's entrance as awful as it sounded on TV? Like I like her theme usually, the recorded version, but holy hell hearing that woman sing it live was BRUTAL no pun intended.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    They definitely piped in cheers for Hogan if that's the case, didn't notice any boos when he was on screen, if anything the cheers were louder than Titus lol. They also piped in cheers for Logan Paul up until the end where he shoved Sami. From watching on TV it seemed like the biggest pop of the entire show was Paul getting stunned.

I would agree to me it didn't feel like WrestleMania. Outside of a couple of things match wise it was just like an episode of Raw. The setup of the card was weird, having both women's tag matches go on second was weird, especially given who was involved in the second one. I didn't think anything outside the Fiend match and the women's tag matches were awful but there wasn't anything really spectacular either other than I guess the Sasha/Bianca match.

Was Rhea's entrance as awful as it sounded on TV? Like I like her theme usually, the recorded version, but holy hell hearing that woman sing it live was BRUTAL no pun intended.
    As far as Rhea's entrance, I know the singer's microphone wasn't on ir working properly at the very beginning so I just assumed they played her music instead of the live version or at least tried to mix the 2 together. It didn't seem like the singer's lips were quite matching what I was hearing in the stadium, but the live instrumental part did, so IDK what was going on with it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

NXT's #'s from their first night on Tuesdays

They definitely had an increase, but it was also after Mania where the Monday after RAW pulled in 2 million and is being called one of the worst after Mania RAWs ever.

Even with the increase in viewers, I wonder if some decided not to watch based on how bad RAW was. It was definitely disappointing considering it's the kickoff to new beginnings after Mania, yet Charlotte returns to be directly in the title picture as usual. Smh. So....not so new afterall.

Let the post Mania roster cuts begin!! WOW!!

Honestly shocked by the release of Samoa Joe

Both Iiconics gone
    Bo Dallas
    Tucker
    Mickie James
    Chelsea Green (who recently signed a 3 year extension)
    Kalisto
    Westley Blake

Probably more to come

Blog Entries

AEW drew 1.2M on their first night unopposed.

I expect to see a few of those cuts in AEW. Peyton Royce is Shawn Spears girlfriend, looks good, and can wrestle better than most of their roster so that seems obvious. Chelsea Green seemed tight with some of the AEW women from what I saw on Twitter. I'm sure they will be interested in Samoa Joe in some role as well. Hopefully he can wrestle again but it won't be hard to find something to do with Samoa Joe lol.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

AEW drew 1.2M on their first night unopposed.

I expect to see a few of those cuts in AEW. Peyton Royce is Shawn Spears girlfriend, looks good, and can wrestle better than most of their roster so that seems obvious. Chelsea Green seemed tight with some of the AEW women from what I saw on Twitter. I'm sure they will be interested in Samoa Joe in some role as well. Hopefully he can wrestle again but it won't be hard to find something to do with Samoa Joe lol.
    As popular as the Iiconics are, AEW should absolutely sign them. Their women's division needs all the help it can get! Britt Baker can't carry it herself and Rosa is still under contract with NWA currently.

Great numbers for AEW this week. If they can land some of the recent releases and actually use them properly, I can see them staying above 1 million each week. People are growing more and more tired of Vince's WWE and without NXT to take away the WED views, AEW should prosper at least for the next several weeks going forward. Those that normally watched NXT will give it a few weeks before deciding weather or not they will keep watching AEW. I do believe that bringing in the Iiconics and Joe will help bring in WWE fans though.

Smackdown ratings drop below 2 million for their post Mania show.

Backstage talk of the Roman Reigns story no longer being their #1 and they will be switching to put the Belaire/Banks story top of the list going forward. Honestly, that's a smart move coming out Mania because they kinda killed Roman's momentum by having him retain. If they would have kept it a singles match between him and Edge and had Edge win it, it would have been huge. Belaire/Banks story is much more appealing at this point and I expect Sasha to go full heel mode going forward. Just hope they don't ruin it by adding Bayley into it too early. She did get shafted by not having a Mania match though.

Blog Entries

I think Roman has been great since he came back but the problem is they just don't have a lot of guys to go against him now. That's the problem when you don't want to build new guys and do 50/50 booking all the time. I like Cesaro...he's a good wrestler...but to me he isn't a top guy and it's not really believable to see him against Roman. Outside of Seth who is a heel also the SD roster is pretty devoid of any additional top level guys that Roman hasn't already gone against. A title change would have been wise to reset things.
    back on twitter

I think Roman has been great since he came back but the problem is they just don't have a lot of guys to go against him now. That's the problem when you don't want to build new guys and do 50/50 booking all the time. I like Cesaro...he's a good wrestler...but to me he isn't a top guy and it's not really believable to see him against Roman. Outside of Seth who is a heel also the SD roster is pretty devoid of any additional top level guys that Roman hasn't already gone against. A title change would have been wise to reset things.
    I agree. I like Cesaro a lot and he's a damn good wrestler, but his character just isn't enough to be a top guy. He is US or IC champ material based on that. I'm not really sure how he could tweak his character to take that next step towards being a top guy though. He has been a tag guy for so long it has kinda kept him mid card level. His 007 type could possibly have a small title run, but not against Roman. I could see him having a better title feud with someone like Seth or Ziggler.

NXT had a slight increase in ratings this week from last week. Still didn't hit the million mark though.

2nd week unopposed AEW ratings should be in later this evening. I'm betting they had a small decrease, but stayed above a million. I think Tyson was a decent draw for them last week.

Blog Entries

Keeping an eye for the ratings. Was a pretty good episode of Dynamite. Darby and Jungle Boy was awesome. Always fun to see Billy Gunn in a match.
    back on twitter

Keeping an eye for the ratings. Was a pretty good episode of Dynamite. Darby and Jungle Boy was awesome. Always fun to see Billy Gunn in a match.
    1.1 million, good number, but down from last week's 1.2 million.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk