Page 41 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrasslin'

Re: Wrasslin'

I didn't see the Moxley Omega finish but is sounds like the Hogan Warrior WCW match where Hogan was supposed to throw fire in Warrior's face but couldn't get the paper lit lol. Embarrassing

There's no way they didn't set that explosion up earlier before the event and give it a trial run to see how it would go. They knew exactly what would happen and how are trying to play it off like Omega doesn't know how to build explosives. Okay, that's fine, but don't have Kingston selling as if it legit killed him and Schiavone with the over the top reactions to it. Smh. They can play this off however they want, but they screwed up and it was a horrible way to end a rather anticipated PPV.

Now people will tune in on Wed just to see how they explain it.

But hey, WWE can't figure out how to work a simple handcuff spot during a PPV so......

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensforce83 View Post
    I didn't see the Moxley Omega finish but is sounds like the Hogan Warrior WCW match where Hogan was supposed to throw fire in Warrior's face but couldn't get the paper lit lol. Embarrassing
    It's pretty close. It's a classic WCW bait and switch for sure (although I'm of the opinion something went wrong and it was not planned). The memes have been good though, this one is great:

https://www.facebook.com/theheelbook...87867964722931

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    There's no way they didn't set that explosion up earlier before the event and give it a trial run to see how it would go. They knew exactly what would happen and how are trying to play it off like Omega doesn't know how to build explosives. Okay, that's fine, but don't have Kingston selling as if it legit killed him and Schiavone with the over the top reactions to it. Smh. They can play this off however they want, but they screwed up and it was a horrible way to end a rather anticipated PPV.

Now people will tune in on Wed just to see how they explain it.

But hey, WWE can't figure out how to work a simple handcuff spot during a PPV so......
    I'm just not buying it was intentional because of how Kingston sold it. There was no way they would have him, a serious character, sell those tiny explosions like he was dead if that is what was actually planned. I've also heard people were furious backstage including Omega because him and Moxley killed themselves for a half hour for that payoff.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    It's pretty close. It's a classic WCW bait and switch for sure (although I'm of the opinion something went wrong and it was not planned). The memes have been good though, this one is great:

https://www.facebook.com/theheelbook...87867964722931

I'm just not buying it was intentional because of how Kingston sold it. There was no way they would have him, a serious character, sell those tiny explosions like he was dead if that is what was actually planned. I've also heard people were furious backstage including Omega because him and Moxley killed themselves for a half hour for that payoff.
    Yeah that's true. They really should have called an audible and Kingston get up with a WTF expression looking around. That would have allowed them to fully use the "Kenny can't build explosives" line.

Botches happen. People will laugh about it and make fun of it for sure but they will move on as usual.

Blog Entries

The end of Dynamite was pretty good. Classic late 90's swerve city but it was good. Had Sammy reveal MJF planned to take over Inner Circle, then swerved to Jericho knowing what was going on and the Inner Circle getting ready to beat down MJF, before there was another swerve where MJF is the 4th member and "Ric Flair" of the Horseman-esque Tully faction who laid a beatdown on Jericho and the rest of Inner Circle. I can get behind MJF, FTR, and Spears with Tully and Wardlow as the top heel faction. They all fit and make sense together. Likewise making Jericho and Sammy faces is a good decision at this point as Jericho in particular needed a change to his character and Sammy is going to be huge as a babyface.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

AEW: 743,000
    NXT: 691,000

Not the greatest for either show considering one just came off 1 of their big 4 ppv's and the other had 2 title matches.

Curious to see the numbers for each show once they are no longer going head to head.

NXT was a really decent show last night imo.

Blog Entries

I think AEW will go over 1M for sure if unopposed, NXT will probably come close if not go over. The bigger thing is they just aren't pulling any new viewers, like Cornette says it's been roughly the same amount of people ever since the Wednesday wars started, nobody new is watching or at least sticking around long term. Not sure how you fix that, NXT obviously is never going to have any major star on it long term, AEW if they ever pried a legitimate superstar out of retirement or from WWE maybe could draw some more eyes. I adore the guy but not sure Christian is going to do that lol. Especially with their ADHD booking.
    back on twitter

Andrade supposedly asked for his release

I think AEW will go over 1M for sure if unopposed, NXT will probably come close if not go over. The bigger thing is they just aren't pulling any new viewers, like Cornette says it's been roughly the same amount of people ever since the Wednesday wars started, nobody new is watching or at least sticking around long term. Not sure how you fix that, NXT obviously is never going to have any major star on it long term, AEW if they ever pried a legitimate superstar out of retirement or from WWE maybe could draw some more eyes. I adore the guy but not sure Christian is going to do that lol. Especially with their ADHD booking.
    That's the problem across the board. There aren't any legit superstars out there like it was with Hogan, Flair, HBK, Austin, or The Rock etc. There's great talent out there but no real mega stars that draw people week in and week out. Anyone outside of Lesnar or Punk just won't be buzzworthy enough to get newer eyes on the product, and people are already tired of seeing Lesnar shown up in WWE.....

The end of Dynamite was pretty good. Classic late 90's swerve city but it was good. Had Sammy reveal MJF planned to take over Inner Circle, then swerved to Jericho knowing what was going on and the Inner Circle getting ready to beat down MJF, before there was another swerve where MJF is the 4th member and "Ric Flair" of the Horseman-esque Tully faction who laid a beatdown on Jericho and the rest of Inner Circle. I can get behind MJF, FTR, and Spears with Tully and Wardlow as the top heel faction. They all fit and make sense together. Likewise making Jericho and Sammy faces is a good decision at this point as Jericho in particular needed a change to his character and Sammy is going to be huge as a babyface.
    Agreed, good ending. Sammy will kill it as a babyface. Santana and Ortiz are low mid-carders in my book but needed to flesh out a stable.

Blog Entries

This main event between Rosa and Britt is awesome. Britt is insane. Tough as nails.

Blog Entries

Match deserves to be watched in it's entirety (if you like hardcore wrestling) but they put some of it up on YT. The culmination of a 4 month rivalry. If you told me a year ago Britt Baker would be one of the best things on Dynamite I would have never believed you but it's a testament to the work she has put in. And of course Rosa has been awesome every time she's been on the program. As with so many things that have happened in the past year the fan response with a full live crowd would have been amazing.

back on twitter