Page 35 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrasslin'

Re: Wrasslin'

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I like Hogan just because he was my guy growing up. Like Ric Flair is to some others. I didn't watch though. Just not interested in anyone on Raw outside of Bray and Alexa.

Glad I didn't with the Goldberg nonsense. I told you all Vince would do exactly these things to try and pop ratings. Lol.
    I never was a big fan of Hogan. It was Surfer Sting that got me hooked and I stuck to him so didn't really pay too much attention to others as much as a kid. The more I see of Flair (both him and Charlotte) the less and less I like them.

I agree with Bray and Bliss being the only reason to watch RAW, but even that isn't enough to get me to sit through the full 3 hours to wait for them to be on. I just find the clips online of them. Lol

I feel bad for McIntyre having to have a match with Oldberg. I hate him as much as I do the Young Sucks!! I don't ever care to see any of those 3 on TV ever. Oldberg is contracted to have 2 matches a year through 2023 I believe (it may be 2022) and it seems it will automatically be title shots. He has already killed the last 3 champ's momentum as well as Ziggler (who is probably one of the most underused wrestler in WWE) and I expect the same will happen with Drew to set up the champ vs champ match with Reigns at Mania for Oldberg's 2nd match. IF Drew wins, it will seem like a pointless match just to get an Oldberg match in. IF Oldberg wins, it's the same shit different superstar he kills or sets back. I'd rather see McIntyre feud with Sheamus over Oldberg. He'll, I'd rather see anyone on TV than Oldberg.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    I never was a big fan of Hogan. It was Surfer Sting that got me hooked and I stuck to him so didn't really pay too much attention to others as much as a kid. The more I see of Flair (both him and Charlotte) the less and less I like them.

I agree with Bray and Bliss being the only reason to watch RAW, but even that isn't enough to get me to sit through the full 3 hours to wait for them to be on. I just find the clips online of them. Lol

I feel bad for McIntyre having to have a match with Oldberg. I hate him as much as I do the Young Sucks!! I don't ever care to see any of those 3 on TV ever. Oldberg is contracted to have 2 matches a year through 2023 I believe (it may be 2022) and it seems it will automatically be title shots. He has already killed the last 3 champ's momentum as well as Ziggler (who is probably one of the most underused wrestler in WWE) and I expect the same will happen with Drew to set up the champ vs champ match with Reigns at Mania for Oldberg's 2nd match. IF Drew wins, it will seem like a pointless match just to get an Oldberg match in. IF Oldberg wins, it's the same shit different superstar he kills or sets back. I'd rather see McIntyre feud with Sheamus over Oldberg. He'll, I'd rather see anyone on TV than Oldberg.

I was a Goldberg mark when I was a kid. Loved him like many did. I was moderately interested in his return when he first came back just because it had been so long, and because of how they booked him against Lesnar right away. I have no interest in him now...he's dangerous (always was), and does even less of a match than Lesnar does these days. Just pointless. A Drew/Bill match is going to be like 5 minutes long if that one way or the other, because Bill gasses out after his entrance and that would be the extent of his in ring ability at this stage. So I agree, what's the point? If he goes over Drew it's fucking hysterical and same old same old, another superstar sacrificed to a legend for no reason.

Dynamite ended with a Bullet Club reunion. Gallows and Anderson finally showed up from Impact to help Kenny and then the Bucks came out and...I guess joined up with them? I don't know. It was an interesting but weird ending. I think the Kenny stuff has been good with him as a heel. Much better than he was as a face. Bucks would prolly be better as heels just because they are more easy to dislike than like lol.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

I'm a Nature boy fan ride or die.

I've met Mark Henry, the Gunn brothers, HHH and the Rock briefly.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post

I would love to meet the Rock. Prolly a pretty hard thing to do now though, even without corona lol.

I met Mabel/Viscera/Big Daddy V way back in the mid 90s at a local armory show. Rest in Peace.

I also met Batista more recently at a Comic-con down in Richmond. This was more for Guardians of the Galaxy but still the same guy. I had heard he was kind of a dick but he was absolutely one of the nicest celebrities I've ever met when I met him.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

I would love to meet the Rock. Prolly a pretty hard thing to do now though, even without corona lol.

I met Mabel/Viscera/Big Daddy V way back in the mid 90s at a local armory show. Rest in Peace.

I also met Batista more recently at a Comic-con down in Richmond. This was more for Guardians of the Galaxy but still the same guy. I had heard he was kind of a dick but he was absolutely one of the nicest celebrities I've ever met when I met him.
    I saw Dave Bautista on a flight down to Florida. Absolutely massive. Didn’t approach him though.

I saw the rock in Florida just briefly. Seemed pretty chill. Another massive human being.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post

I recall seeing Nature Boy on WCW. I even think I recall him fighting the original Nature Boy Buddy Rogers in the 70s.

I loved WWWF. However, I did not know as a kid there were other regional wrasslin venues. I recall once being in a hotel as a kid and turning on the tv. A grainy wrasslin event was playing and some guy named Lou Thesz was in the ring. The announcers were gushing over him. I recall thinking that was absolutely great and special and wish I could find a channel back in MD with him and that show.

Blog Entries

back on twitter

That was indeed a great match! They have completely misused Cesaro.

Blog Entries

That was indeed a great match! They have completely misused Cesaro.

It was great and great to see Cesaro pick up the win. Maybe they are going to push him now. Smackdown is pretty good if you ignore the couple segments each week of the typical WWE bullshit.

I tried watching Raw tonight with nothing else on but I didn't make it out of the first segment. Randy Orton in a mask with bad burn victim makeup cutting the same boring promo he's cut since the mid 2000's. No thanks. I don't even dislike Randy but I've just no interest in him in 2021.

It was great and great to see Cesaro pick up the win. Maybe they are going to push him now. Smackdown is pretty good if you ignore the couple segments each week of the typical WWE bullshit.

I tried watching Raw tonight with nothing else on but I didn't make it out of the first segment. Randy Orton in a mask with bad burn victim makeup cutting the same boring promo he's cut since the mid 2000's. No thanks. I don't even dislike Randy but I've just no interest in him in 2021.
    Smackdown and NXT are all I watch now, and that's not a weekly thing anymore. NXT has it's good moments, but overall it too is going downhill lately. Smackdown has actually improved since the "draft" and has been the only show I can actually sit through for the most part. I haven't even attempted to watch RAW or AEW in several weeks now. I did watch the Brodie tribute show but as far as their regular stuff, I just can't. It's horrible. It's much easier to look up the results than to have to sit through the crap those 2 shows are producing.

I will say though, by not actually seeing what happened, I don't get the full effect of the Jim Cornette podcast anymore. Lol. I still know what he is talking about, but it's not the same as when I actually saw the stuff vs reading it. Maybe IF AEW takes a chance bringing Marty Scurll in I will start back watching it. I know it was reported that AEW isn't interested at this time and WWE supposedly is.....

Blog Entries

Smackdown and NXT are all I watch now, and that's not a weekly thing anymore. NXT has it's good moments, but overall it too is going downhill lately. Smackdown has actually improved since the "draft" and has been the only show I can actually sit through for the most part. I haven't even attempted to watch RAW or AEW in several weeks now. I did watch the Brodie tribute show but as far as their regular stuff, I just can't. It's horrible. It's much easier to look up the results than to have to sit through the crap those 2 shows are producing.

I will say though, by not actually seeing what happened, I don't get the full effect of the Jim Cornette podcast anymore. Lol. I still know what he is talking about, but it's not the same as when I actually saw the stuff vs reading it. Maybe IF AEW takes a chance bringing Marty Scurll in I will start back watching it. I know it was reported that AEW isn't interested at this time and WWE supposedly is.....

I still watch AEW weekly, but I have to admit as a big fan of the show since it debuted, there is a ton more bad than good these days. The biggest problem for me personally continues to be their insane obsession with having every match be a competitive match regardless of who is in the match. I really don't ever turn it off but I was close to doing that this past week when they had Omega and the Good Brothers go through a break against a job team and an enhancement talent. As Jim would say, what the fuck! They had Marko Stunt looking competitive against FTR! If you want to have these guys on the show and give them a paycheck then fine, but make it a damn squash, having them be competitive against your top tier guys is insane and does nothing but make those guys look bad.

SD is the limit of my WWE these days, and the PPVs...NXT just doesn't hook me when I have tried to watch it and Raw is horrible on a weekly basis. The Roman storyline is pretty good...most of the matches are well worked, continuing storylines. Giving pushes to guys like Cesaro and Shinsuke and Jey Uso...Chad Gable getting a nice rub working with Daniel Bryan the past couple weeks. Definitely the best of the women's division on any of the main shows. It's a decent show for 2021 wrestling standards.
    back on twitter

I still watch AEW weekly, but I have to admit as a big fan of the show since it debuted, there is a ton more bad than good these days. The biggest problem for me personally continues to be their insane obsession with having every match be a competitive match regardless of who is in the match. I really don't ever turn it off but I was close to doing that this past week when they had Omega and the Good Brothers go through a break against a job team and an enhancement talent. As Jim would say, what the fuck! They had Marko Stunt looking competitive against FTR! If you want to have these guys on the show and give them a paycheck then fine, but make it a damn squash, having them be competitive against your top tier guys is insane and does nothing but make those guys look bad.

SD is the limit of my WWE these days, and the PPVs...NXT just doesn't hook me when I have tried to watch it and Raw is horrible on a weekly basis. The Roman storyline is pretty good...most of the matches are well worked, continuing storylines. Giving pushes to guys like Cesaro and Shinsuke and Jey Uso...Chad Gable getting a nice rub working with Daniel Bryan the past couple weeks. Definitely the best of the women's division on any of the main shows. It's a decent show for 2021 wrestling standards.
    Nothing on AEW is believable for me. That's why I quit watching. There's no psychology in any of their matches and they have guys the size of grade schoolers out there getting offense in on much larger opponents. I gave them the benefit of the doubt at first as trying to get some guys over with the crowd/audience but it's the same shit each week. FTR should have went over on the Bucks for the titles. Bucks can't even lace FTR's boots and shouldn't even be in the ring at the same time as them. Jericho has become a complete waste and a joke. I just can't watch that garbage anymore. I wanted an alternative to WWE, especially RAW and AEW has became just as bad, if not worse IMO. At least RAW has wrestlers I care to watch wrestle even if the booking is complete shit. I will admit that NXT has done down hill lately as well though.

Smackdow is the only show I can sit through, and even it has it's "why am I watching this" moments.