Page 28 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrasslin'

Re: Wrasslin'

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Alexa Bliss is a national treasure. Last couple segments of SmackDown was A+ material. They gave away a AJ-Sami-Jeff Hardy triple threat match on free TV to start the episode. Strong go home show.

Yeah, it was a good show all around. I'd love to see Uso beat Reigns, even if he were to lose it right back on Smackdown next week.

You can tell Bliss is enjoying this storyline. :)

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Nikki Cross is rumored to have tested positive for Covid and will now be out of her ppv title match against Bayley.

We all know Bayley would retain and keep it until Banks returns to best her, but it would have been a nice surprise to put it on Cross via distraction from Banks and have Bayley win it back before facing Banks.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    Nikki Cross is rumored to have tested positive for Covid and will now be out of her ppv title match against Bayley.

We all know Bayley would retain and keep it until Banks returns to best her, but it would have been a nice surprise to put it on Cross via distraction from Banks and have Bayley win it back before facing Banks.

I saw they had to remove her as well as Nia and Shayna (fuck Nia, I've liked Shayna quite a bit more recently tho). I saw Nikki was replaced by Asuka because creative is a creative void and because they couldn't have possibly given that opportunity to any one of the other women on the roster. I love Asuka but she didn't need to wrestle twice again for the second consecutive PPV.

Didn't watch but the first hour of the PPV, I'm in an NFL mood for the time being so I switched over to Packers/Saints when that came on. But the PPV wasn't interesting anyway from what I saw (card/matchup wise...matches may have been fine, heard the main event was good).

Triple Threat Ladder Match - glad they started with this as this was the one match I did want to watch. It was fun for a modern era ladder match, but I can't see Jeff Hardy in a neutered down ladder match knowing what he's done in them in the past and have that thought not bring the match down some. And I know at 43 he isn't going to do the same crazy shit, but I'm sure you know what I mean. Good match though with a creative finish. Surprising winner.

Asuka vs. Zelina - knew who was going to win, match was whatever, Zelina is rapidly approaching overtaking Alexa for as far as most attractive woman on their roster to me. Wild that she is married to the generic/plain looking Aleister. Like he's not a terrible looking dude by any means but look at her and look at him. Lol.

Apollo vs. Lashley - didn't pay one bit of attention, I like Hurt Business as a faction but we've seen this over and over again. Move on.

Turned to NFL after that.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

I saw they had to remove her as well as Nia and Shayna (fuck Nia, I've liked Shayna quite a bit more recently tho). I saw Nikki was replaced by Asuka because creative is a creative void and because they couldn't have possibly given that opportunity to any one of the other women on the roster. I love Asuka but she didn't need to wrestle twice again for the second consecutive PPV.

Didn't watch but the first hour of the PPV, I'm in an NFL mood for the time being so I switched over to Packers/Saints when that came on. But the PPV wasn't interesting anyway from what I saw (card/matchup wise...matches may have been fine, heard the main event was good).

Triple Threat Ladder Match - glad they started with this as this was the one match I did want to watch. It was fun for a modern era ladder match, but I can't see Jeff Hardy in a neutered down ladder match knowing what he's done in them in the past and have that thought not bring the match down some. And I know at 43 he isn't going to do the same crazy shit, but I'm sure you know what I mean. Good match though with a creative finish. Surprising winner.

Asuka vs. Zelina - knew who was going to win, match was whatever, Zelina is rapidly approaching overtaking Alexa for as far as most attractive woman on their roster to me. Wild that she is married to the generic/plain looking Aleister. Like he's not a terrible looking dude by any means but look at her and look at him. Lol.

Apollo vs. Lashley - didn't pay one bit of attention, I like Hurt Business as a faction but we've seen this over and over again. Move on.

Turned to NFL after that.
    I love me some Zelina!! :)

I haven't watched it yet. I too was watching NFL. Was pretty sure of the match outcomes going in before they had to make changes so I didn't really care to watch to be honest. Didn't expect Sami to win though.

Blog Entries

I love this Jericho/MJF stuff on Dynamite. It's goofy as hell but they are both so good it actually works.

I wouldn't call it a great match, but I loved seeing Butcher in a main event world title match. You could tell he was gassed though as the match went 15+ minutes and he's a tag guy. Still, I think he has a great look and is totally believable as a badass. Eddie Kingston is also 100% a star.

Ruined a great Cody promo by turning it into an overbooked mess. I let out a big Cornette "what the fuck" when they were brawling outside and Nyla randomly got involved for no apparent reason. Brodie leaving the ring 3 or 4 times and returning each time. I liked the promo but didn't like the segment.

This was a good show overall. Kept the bullshit to a minimum. Kassidy/Jericho I liked, as I've said before I appreciate Jericho using his star power to get young guys over. FTR against SCU was good. I don't know what it is about Britt Baker but damn does she do a lot of things for me lol. She looked a lot better in the ring as well, much quicker pace than pre-injury.

My two complaints, OC/10 is a match you put on Dark, and please for the love of God stop running OC into the ground by having him compete every week. They've totally lost sight of what made the character unique and interesting. The other complaint is the random setup for a Luther/Serpentico feud with Jericho and Hager...why?
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

I forgot the Darby/Ricky Starks match too. That was awesome. Ricky Starks is great.

The quality of Dynamite is sooooo much better when they keep their shit indie level wrestlers off the show.
    back on twitter

Blog Entries

back on twitter

Lmao!!

Blog Entries

Cody vs. Brodie Lee in the dog collar match was really good. Best Brodie Lee match I have ever seen, thanks to Cody of course. And a great promo after. Unbelievable that WWE never bothered pushing him in any significant manner.

Blog Entries

The Jericho tag match against Luther was legitimately one of the worst things I’ve ever seen on a cable wrestling show. Luther is worse than Janela, by a mile.

The Jericho tag match against Luther was legitimately one of the worst things I’ve ever seen on a cable wrestling show. Luther is worse than Janela, by a mile.
    Seems that's all Jericho is there for now instead of actually having decent wrestling matches. I get it, he is older and getting out of shape but the dude was still having good matches when he first got there. Hopefully he hasn't gone downhill that much in a year's time and it's just due to the crappy booking he has been in since losing the title.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    Seems that's all Jericho is there for now instead of actually having decent wrestling matches. I get it, he is older and getting out of shape but the dude was still having good matches when he first got there. Hopefully he hasn't gone downhill that much in a year's time and it's just due to the crappy booking he has been in since losing the title.

Yeah, I think it's mostly they just haven't given him anything to work with, or the guys he's chosen to work with suck. You have to go all the way back to March to find him in a legitimate wrestling match against legitimate opponents - Page and Dustin Rhodes vs. Jericho and Guevara, or maybe the Stadium Stampede match, but that wasn't really a legitimate wrestling match lol.

Since then? Pineapple Pete, Colt Cabana, Best Friends a few times (who I like, but they are beneath Jericho), Jurassic Express a couple times, Orange Cassidy multiple times, Janela a couple times, once with Sonny Kiss, Private Party (who I also like but again, they are below Jericho), a singles match with one of the guys from PP, and now Luther and Serpentico.

Definitely think it's been the booking. I think if you eventually do Jericho and Hager vs. FTR, that would be a good match.

If AEW wants to grow and be viewed as a legitimate promotion they cannot have a match like last night close the show. You can't have this goofy looking bald guy who nobody in the USA outside of ultra hardcore wrestling fans even know, who can't work in any way whatsoever, main event your program against Chris Jericho. That actively diminishes Jericho and Hager's star power by having them compete in this competitive match against these two guys. Serpentico I think can work, but he's another one of these tiny guys, smaller than Jericho and way smaller than Hager, it just made no sense.

They had the dog collar match go on around 9 which maybe that is better for ratings, I don't know, but that was an excellent match and Cody winning + his promo should have closed the show.
    Last edited by Bhcforlife; 10-08-2020 at 11:43 AM.
    back on twitter