Page 27 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrasslin'

Blog Entries

Re: Wrasslin'

SD has been interesting with tweener heel Roman and this Alexa/Fiend storyline. Honestly would watch Alexa do anything so it's not so much that but the Roman stuff is good.

I think it's funny WWE has a street fight to close the show two nights after AEW had the extremely well received brawl I wrote about above. It wasn't anywhere close to it, of course.

Meltzer gave the AEW one 5 stars lol. I'm sure it will be outlaw mudshow bullshit to Cornette.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    SD has been interesting with tweener heel Roman and this Alexa/Fiend storyline. Honestly would watch Alexa do anything so it's not so much that but the Roman stuff is good.

I think it's funny WWE has a street fight to close the show two nights after AEW had the extremely well received brawl I wrote about above. It wasn't anywhere close to it, of course.

Meltzer gave the AEW one 5 stars lol. I'm sure it will be outlaw mudshow bullshit to Cornette.
    I've heard nothing but positive things from the AEW street fight. Just got back home from vacation last night so I haven't gotten the chance to watch it yet.

WWE "creative" seems to be copying a lot of what other shows are doing. The "hacker" storyline was (and still is) a story on Impact before WWE attempted it. Pretty sure the Retribution crap is a knock on the Dark Order as well. Smh.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    I've heard nothing but positive things from the AEW street fight. Just got back home from vacation last night so I haven't gotten the chance to watch it yet.

WWE "creative" seems to be copying a lot of what other shows are doing. The "hacker" storyline was (and still is) a story on Impact before WWE attempted it. Pretty sure the Retribution crap is a knock on the Dark Order as well. Smh.

I thought it was really good. I was invested in the story leading up to it, it felt very Russo-era WWE in the randomness of it but in a good way (to me). The pacing and action was great.

I think everyone can have their own opinions about the individual performers in the company, but it is cool that they are confident enough in themselves to put a match between two mid card tag teams with no casually recognizable stars in the main event of the program. And the four guys knocked it out of the park.

I’m done with Raw until after football season so won’t have any comments on that for a while. Will still be watching Dynamite and SD, which is way better than Raw anyways. At least until they redraft and take Roman and Fiend to Raw lol.

Seems like they are looking for a way out of the Otis as MITB winner deal. Seems headed in the direction of Miz or Morrison.

Blog Entries

Didn't watch it live, but the Retribution reveal on Raw is the biggest example I have seen to date of why Vince needs to step away from creative. Does he really think people wearing masks like that, with names like T-Bar, Mace, and Slapjack, are getting over in 2020? They'd struggle to get that over in the mid-late 90s when everything was getting over! Throw in the fact that a lot of people had no interest in Retribution anyway...it seems DOA to me. Several months spent on the build to this for the reveal to be met with laughter both from the IWC and apparently from within the company.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

WWE being the petty company they are, they've also put Lana through a table on consecutive weeks following the Rusev/Miro promo on AEW lol.
    back on twitter

Blog Entries

Well Nick, it finally happened. After nearly a year, I've finally changed the channel mid segment during an episode of Dynamite.

The show opened with a tag match between Miro and Sabian vs. Janela and Kiss. Ignoring the fact that Miro, who can and should be a huge star for AEW, has no business being in the ring with these three borderline enhancement talent level guys, the match was a fucking disaster. I put up with it until there was a spot on the outside where Miro threw Sabian over the railing into Janela. Sabian looked like he might have landed on his head - so I get asking the guy if he's okay. But you audibly hear Janela ask him several times if he's okay and at that point I was just like, okay, this is amateur hour shit here, and changed it over to NXT until that segment was over.

Someone in AEW has to stop these idiotic booking decisions that I assume come from TK. I mean I think he does okay, but some of the stuff is definitely not. Here's a guy who has wrestled competitive matches against guys like John Cena, McIntyre, Roman, Cesaro, Randy Orton, AJ, Lashley, etc., and now you are sticking him in a match against Joey Janela and Sonny Kiss - and it's a competitive match????? Come the fuck on. The appropriate thing to do here was have Miro destroy both Janela and Kiss without even tagging in Sabian in a quick squash.

Think the rest of the show was okay, it was kind of off though, I think because Archer got COVID so they had to ditch the 6 man tag.
    back on twitter

I thought it was really good. I was invested in the story leading up to it, it felt very Russo-era WWE in the randomness of it but in a good way (to me). The pacing and action was great.

I think everyone can have their own opinions about the individual performers in the company, but it is cool that they are confident enough in themselves to put a match between two mid card tag teams with no casually recognizable stars in the main event of the program. And the four guys knocked it out of the park.

I’m done with Raw until after football season so won’t have any comments on that for a while. Will still be watching Dynamite and SD, which is way better than Raw anyways. At least until they redraft and take Roman and Fiend to Raw lol.

Seems like they are looking for a way out of the Otis as MITB winner deal. Seems headed in the direction of Miz or Morrison.
    The only reason I watch RAW sometimes is to see Ruby and Liv. Wanna see them as tag champs soon! I still like Rollins, but his current gimmick has gotten stale at this point. Too much of the same stuff each week. Mainly, I just wanna see Liv and Ruby at this point for RAW and I usually just find their clips online.

Well Nick, it finally happened. After nearly a year, I've finally changed the channel mid segment during an episode of Dynamite.

The show opened with a tag match between Miro and Sabian vs. Janela and Kiss. Ignoring the fact that Miro, who can and should be a huge star for AEW, has no business being in the ring with these three borderline enhancement talent level guys, the match was a fucking disaster. I put up with it until there was a spot on the outside where Miro threw Sabian over the railing into Janela. Sabian looked like he might have landed on his head - so I get asking the guy if he's okay. But you audibly hear Janela ask him several times if he's okay and at that point I was just like, okay, this is amateur hour shit here, and changed it over to NXT until that segment was over.

Someone in AEW has to stop these idiotic booking decisions that I assume come from TK. I mean I think he does okay, but some of the stuff is definitely not. Here's a guy who has wrestled competitive matches against guys like John Cena, McIntyre, Roman, Cesaro, Randy Orton, AJ, Lashley, etc., and now you are sticking him in a match against Joey Janela and Sonny Kiss - and it's a competitive match????? Come the fuck on. The appropriate thing to do here was have Miro destroy both Janela and Kiss without even tagging in Sabian in a quick squash.

Think the rest of the show was okay, it was kind of off though, I think because Archer got COVID so they had to ditch the 6 man tag.
    I completely understand! I find myself switching between AEW and NXT more and more each week.

Idk if they don't want to bring in the WWE guys in with top storylines because they fear people will talk shit, or if they actually think the midcard crap they are giving them is great. Brodie Lee feels like a midcarder still being stuck with the horrible Dark Order crap. It makes WWEs decision to let him go seem valid.

Miro being brought in with anything other than going after Moxley is a complete waste. Dude should have been brought in as a monster and destroyed Mox for the title.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    I completely understand! I find myself switching between AEW and NXT more and more each week.

Idk if they don't want to bring in the WWE guys in with top storylines because they fear people will talk shit, or if they actually think the midcard crap they are giving them is great. Brodie Lee feels like a midcarder still being stuck with the horrible Dark Order crap. It makes WWEs decision to let him go seem valid.

Miro being brought in with anything other than going after Moxley is a complete waste. Dude should have been brought in as a monster and destroyed Mox for the title.

I would have waited on the Cody destruction and had Miro be the one to do it. Just do the open challenge, have Miro show up unannounced, have him do exactly what they let Brodie Lee do, and hey, there's an immediate star in the company. The WWE fans will say LOL aNoThEr WwE gUy but who cares...you have to think about your own company's success. He should be AT LEAST at that tier if not in the main yet.

I'm still not convinced that Dark Order is over like the company seems to think they are. It's actually one of the things I'm most interested in seeing when crowds are back, seeing how they react to Dark Order. I think Brodie will be over because fans of AEW love to support anyone that they think wasn't given a fair shot in WWE, and Anna Jay will be because she's hot, developing well in the ring, and has put down Brandi (who AEW fans seem to hate) twice now, but outside that? I don't know. The group was never really over despite how hard they pushed it pre-COVID. Personally, I like Anna Jay, and I have a soft spot for Evil Uno as I watch his Twitch stream, but nothing else in the group does anything for me.
    back on twitter

I would have waited on the Cody destruction and had Miro be the one to do it. Just do the open challenge, have Miro show up unannounced, have him do exactly what they let Brodie Lee do, and hey, there's an immediate star in the company. The WWE fans will say LOL aNoThEr WwE gUy but who cares...you have to think about your own company's success. He should be AT LEAST at that tier if not in the main yet.

I'm still not convinced that Dark Order is over like the company seems to think they are. It's actually one of the things I'm most interested in seeing when crowds are back, seeing how they react to Dark Order. I think Brodie will be over because fans of AEW love to support anyone that they think wasn't given a fair shot in WWE, and Anna Jay will be because she's hot, developing well in the ring, and has put down Brandi (who AEW fans seem to hate) twice now, but outside that? I don't know. The group was never really over despite how hard they pushed it pre-COVID. Personally, I like Anna Jay, and I have a soft spot for Evil Uno as I watch his Twitch stream, but nothing else in the group does anything for me.
    That would have been perfect for Miro actually. They definitely dropped the ball there.

Blog Entries

It's just weird to me. Of all the WWE guys released since AEW has been a thing, that's the guy that most people wanted there above anyone else. You get him and put him in this shit. It's just a letdown. With how AEW does storylines this isn't going to be over quick either.

I will never get their obsession with Janela. Sonny Kiss at least has a good body and he/she is unique in the wrestling world. With Janela there's just nothing. If you want to have him on the roster, that is fine, but put him on Dark. Hell, let him main event Dark as much as you want. Just keep him off Dynamite and away from the legitimate stars the company has.

Having said all that - nothing on AEW including this disaster of a match was as bad as the Retribution reveal on Raw IMO.
    back on twitter

Blog Entries

Alexa Bliss is a national treasure. Last couple segments of SmackDown was A+ material. They gave away a AJ-Sami-Jeff Hardy triple threat match on free TV to start the episode. Strong go home show.

back on twitter