Page 22 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrasslin'

Re: Wrasslin'

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    The results for next episode are out, spoiler warning here...........................Erick Rowan is making his debut to help Brodie Lee win the TNT Championship. So 2/3 of the Wyatt Family is in a faction together yet again lol. I've been lukewarm on Brodie Lee since he got to AEW the gimmick is...eh...but good to see them giving him the win, as he desperately needed it (even though it's not clean).

It seems to me this will lead to the Horseman stuff, perhaps at All Out, as Cody will go back after the belt and need backup to overcome the numbers since he's not really associating with The Elite anymore.

Thunder Rosa from NWA also appearing to challenge Shida at All Out - not familiar with her.
    I'd rather see Hangman, FTR, and Spears form the new Horsemen under Tully as the heel stable and have Cody stay with Arn as the face group against them. I'm sure Omega and the Young Sucks would be the others of that one, but I'd rather see Cardona, Dustin, and anyone else but those 3. Lol.

Thunder Rosa is a pretty good darn female wrestler so hopefully she can have a good match and get signed. With more and more of the NWA roster showing up in different places, it makes me wonder if they really will return soon or not. I'm sure Billy Corgan is legit trying to keep it alive as best he can

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

I heard Dave Meltzer debunked those rumors, at least the Erick Rowan one. I thought it sounded very "WWE" for lack of better word when I read it.

I could see it being FTR/Hangman/Spears...that is actually probably the way it will go, good call. And that faction will get over because they can all talk, Tully can talk, and they all know how to work to get themselves over. I do think Omega is going to turn heel too though, maybe go out on his own separate from the others. They need a reset of his character.

I've been listening to snippets of Jim Cornette's podcast on YouTube the past couple days, especially the stuff he's talked about AEW over the last year plus. It's legitimately hilarious stuff, even though I like AEW. Some things I agree with, some things I don't, and overall as a wrestling fan for 30 years I totally understand where he is coming from, but at the same time like I've said before it's not 1980 or 1990 anymore. Audiences are different, format is different, the world is different.

They drew 900k just prior to pandemic shutdown and likely would have seen that number continue to rise if they could have continued running shows as they were, and they just drew over 900k a week ago, and would easily be drawing over a million if they were unopposed, so to me a lot of what he says comes across as tone deaf or out of touch with reality (still funny though).

Having listened to him I now totally get why AEW doesn't do great in the 50+ demo lol.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

"Jelly Nutella" is one thing I do agree with Cornette on. That dude looks like a college stoner they pulled out of 2004 and put into wrestling matches. There's no money to be made with Joey Janela, he's not a particularly good wrestler, what was the point? Who is he friends with? I liked the unsanctioned match he had with Moxley but that's because I like Moxley and hardcore style matches (outlaw mudshow bullshit as Cornette says lol).

Would like to see Tony Khan chill on allowing so much nepotism. Just because Chris Jericho or Kenny Omega (Kenny Olivier is LOL) comes to you and wants you to sign their buddies doesn't mean you go and sign some of these guys who have no shot at drawing anything for you or getting over in any capacity with your audience.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

I heard Dave Meltzer debunked those rumors, at least the Erick Rowan one. I thought it sounded very "WWE" for lack of better word when I read it.

I could see it being FTR/Hangman/Spears...that is actually probably the way it will go, good call. And that faction will get over because they can all talk, Tully can talk, and they all know how to work to get themselves over. I do think Omega is going to turn heel too though, maybe go out on his own separate from the others. They need a reset of his character.

I've been listening to snippets of Jim Cornette's podcast on YouTube the past couple days, especially the stuff he's talked about AEW over the last year plus. It's legitimately hilarious stuff, even though I like AEW. Some things I agree with, some things I don't, and overall as a wrestling fan for 30 years I totally understand where he is coming from, but at the same time like I've said before it's not 1980 or 1990 anymore. Audiences are different, format is different, the world is different.

They drew 900k just prior to pandemic shutdown and likely would have seen that number continue to rise if they could have continued running shows as they were, and they just drew over 900k a week ago, and would easily be drawing over a million if they were unopposed, so to me a lot of what he says comes across as tone deaf or out of touch with reality (still funny though).

Having listened to him I now totally get why AEW doesn't do great in the 50+ demo lol.
    Lol. I listen to Cornette and Brian Last each week just for the laughs. Like you, I agree and understand some of his points and complaints and also understand that it's no longer the time of chain wrestling with 1 or 2 top rope moves to spice up a match anymore. I think that if there were still live audiences, AEW could legit compete with RAW and Smackdown head to head because they have the better overall show imo. I'm just not sold on a lot of their roster yet and as I've said, the many botches both in the ring and production/camera wise. They can be fixed though. AEW us definitely the more refreshing show currently. At least Cornette has started to blast WWE stuff just as much these days. Lol. Dude is a riot to listen to

Blog Entries

Man, AEW has some real flaws, but...Raw is so fucking bad. I watched about an hour and half last night...and I don't think a single match went off without interference or other bullshit. I nearly turned it off less than five minutes in when they started the Retribution bullshit over top of Drew, your top babyface in the company, cutting a promo. We then went to a nearly identical backstage promo to what we saw on SD with Big E/Sheamus/Morrison trying to rally the locker room, just replace them with Drew and Seth. The entire Retribution angle has been horribly done as far as I'm concerned and I have zero interest in seeing where it's going. It is actually legitimately insulting to me as a viewer.

Asuka/Shayna against Bayley/Sasha was a match I wanted to watch, but what happens? Nia Jax immediately comes out and Shayna is gone most of the match. Shayna is getting over with me in this quasi-face role but Nia is awful, dangerous to work with, and a match between the two has no chance of being any good at all.

I've always liked Mickie James and would have liked to actually watch the match (for what it was) between her and boring Natalya, but what happens there? Seth randomly comes out and instead of showing the match while he and Joe go back and forth, you never see the match again until Mickie was counted out. Terrible.

I turned it off after the Asuka match...I like Seth but the Dominick storyline doesn't do anything for me. No interest in Drew/Orton. I think that feud has been okay but I can't believe there are that many people that want to see Randy Orton either in the main or as champion in 2020 (which supposedly is what is going to happen). I also have zero interest in the worked shoot fight RAW Underground bullshit.

I do like the MVP stable but even they are made to look like jokes half the time.
    Last edited by Bhcforlife; 08-18-2020 at 10:37 AM.
    back on twitter

Man, AEW has some real flaws, but...Raw is so fucking bad. I watched about an hour and half last night...and I don't think a single match went off without interference or other bullshit. I nearly turned it off less than five minutes in when they started the Retribution bullshit over top of Drew, your top babyface in the company, cutting a promo. We then went to a nearly identical backstage promo to what we saw on SD with Big E/Sheamus/Morrison trying to rally the locker room, just replace them with Drew and Seth. The entire Retribution angle has been horribly done as far as I'm concerned and I have zero interest in seeing where it's going. It is actually legitimately insulting to me as a viewer.

Asuka/Shayna against Bayley/Sasha was a match I wanted to watch, but what happens? Nia Jax immediately comes out and Shayna is gone most of the match. Shayna is getting over with me in this quasi-face role but Nia is awful, dangerous to work with, and a match between the two has no chance of being any good at all.

I've always liked Mickie James and would have liked to actually watch the match (for what it was) between her and boring Natalya, but what happens there? Seth randomly comes out and instead of showing the match while he and Joe go back and forth, you never see the match again until Mickie was counted out. Terrible.

I turned it off after the Asuka match...I like Seth but the Dominick storyline doesn't do anything for me. No interest in Drew/Orton. I think that feud has been okay but I can't believe there are that many people that want to see Randy Orton either in the main or as champion in 2020 (which supposedly is what is going to happen). I also have zero interest in the worked shoot fight RAW Underground bullshit.

I do like the MVP stable but even they are made to look like jokes half the time.
    I watched the Ruby vs Royce match. That's it. Lol. It was all background noise other than that but I did see Dominic and Rey beat Seth and Murphy with the kendo sticks and was pissed that Dominic stopped selling his injuries from last week. He sold them up until he got the sticks from under the ring and then it was like nothing had even happened to him.

Both RAW and Smackdown are absolutely garbage and have been for awhile. NXT is by far their best product at the moment and even that has it's boring parts.

I'm still holding on to hope that all wrestling gets better once crowds are allowed back into the arenas and they start traveling again.

AEW, with all of it's many flaws, is still a much better show overall vs WWE's produced crap

Last edited by nickh0801; 08-18-2020 at 02:32 PM.

I'm sure you've heard about the nut job stalker that broke into Sonya Deville's house the other night. More details were released. Very scary situation.

https://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/mo.../#.XzxKbPcpCdN

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    I'm sure you've heard about the nut job stalker that broke into Sonya Deville's house the other night. More details were released. Very scary situation.

https://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/mo.../#.XzxKbPcpCdN

I did see that. Scary to think what could have happened. I don't envy celebrities or public figures with what they have to deal with "fan" wise...lot of crazy fans out there, glad she had a security system. Doesn't she have some MMA background? She probably would have kicked his ass anyway if not for the mace.
    back on twitter

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    I watched the Ruby vs Royce match. That's it. Lol. It was all background noise other than that but I did see Dominic and Rey beat Seth and Murphy with the kendo sticks and was pissed that Dominic stopped selling his injuries from last week. He sold them up until he got the sticks from under the ring and then it was like nothing had even happened to him.

Both RAW and Smackdown are absolutely garbage and have been for awhile. NXT is by far their best product at the moment and even that has it's boring parts.

I'm still holding on to hope that all wrestling gets better once crowds are allowed back into the arenas and they start traveling again.

AEW, with all of it's many flaws, is still a much better show overall vs WWE's produced crap

Yeah, I watch them here and there because like you I love wrestling and there also just isn't much on anymore...new at least...and my wife has also gotten into it during the pandemic. She much prefers AEW (her favorites are Jericho ((took a while for him to grow on her as she didn't understand the heel/face concept at first)) Kenny Omega and Hikaru Shida lol) but will watch WWE with me.

Tend to like Smackdown more...I'm very interested in a Big E singles push. Last week's SD I thought was actually pretty watchable, until the final segment. I generally "like" Braun, but good lord that was atrocious.

This ThunderDome idea they are going with moving forward sounds interesting. I saw a picture and am wondering if they entire ring is going to be surrounded by video boards, which is what it kind of looked like to me. That could be either really cool, or really awful. I did see on Twitter they are doing virtual fans like NBA is doing.
    back on twitter

Blog Entries

WWE doing virtual meet and greets for Summerslam. I would and have paid to meet wrestlers/celebs in person at Cons and stuff, but I have to question the sanity of anyone who pays $125 for a 2 minute video call with someone, lol.
    back on twitter

Blog Entries

Not sure if you've ever seen this guy's YouTube videos. Wrestling with Wregret is the channel name. Most interesting thing he does to me are the old PPV reviews but he has a ton of content. I've been watching them a lot while teleworking lately. Reminding me of a lot of older stuff that I forgot about, like in the case of the one I was just watching (December to Dismember 2006), how hot Shelly Martinez/Ariel/Salinas was lol.

Here's an example.

back on twitter

Blog Entries

Again I don't really watch NXT outside of the couple of wrestlers I like there, just don't have enough time to watch that much wrestling, but seems like WWE is taking a lot of heat on social media for booking Velveteen Dream into a match for the NXT NA Title.

I need Rhea Ripley to brutalize me, fuckin' hell. Damn shame how they built her up only to feed her to Charlotte.

Last edited by Bhcforlife; 08-20-2020 at 10:47 AM.
    back on twitter