Page 21 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrasslin'

Re: Wrasslin'

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I'm sure you'll LOVE this, the Bucks vs. Butcher and Blade finish (I guess the quarterly from 8:45-9:00) drew over a million viewers. Meltzer said that's the highest of the show. While I've said before I'm more or less indifferent on the Bucks, I do really like Butcher and Blade and in particular Butcher, so nice to see that many eyes on them. That was a fun ass match.

I LOVE Jim Cornette! His views on the Young Sucks is exactly how I feel about them. Lol

https://streamable.com/amp_player/lo...mpression=true

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Decided to give Impact a watch tonight. Curious to see how the WWE castoffs do. Plus, Motor City Machine Guns are back and I liked them back in the day. :)

Last edited by nickh0801; 07-28-2020 at 09:31 PM.

You guys like Orange Cassidy? I kind of like the shtick he has going against Jericho. It may start to get old in time, but for now I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by 2bynight View Post
    You guys like Orange Cassidy? I kind of like the shtick he has going against Jericho. It may start to get old in time, but for now I like it.
    Not 1 single bit. Lol. If the dude would drop the whole persona he currently has and thinks of something that resembles an actual wrestler and he has actual wrestling matches, then yeah, I would like him.

With that said, I completely understand why people do like him. He is different from the mold. I just think it exposes the wrestling business more than it helps it, but as it is these days, the wrestling business has already been exposed. I'm just not a fan of further exposing it.

Blog Entries

I love Orange Cassidy. As nick said, in the opposite way, I totally understand why he would not be some people's cup of tea. I thought that "Debate" between him and Jericho last week was fantastic, but I honestly would have waited to have him talk until they can have a crowd. That was a big pop waiting to happen that they should have waited on. That is the biggest issue to me with OC right now - the gimmick just doesn't work as well without a crowd in the building to pop for the dumb stuff.

I definitely think OC will go over Jericho tonight although it'll probably be portrayed as accidental. Which is still amazing for Chris Jericho to do, here is a guy that not many people had even heard of prior to AEW, with a gimmick that is mostly comedy, and in less than a year he's (likely) getting a victory over one of the best wrestlers of all time. Chris is still putting on great matches and making new stars after 30 years in the business. Not a lot of guys have that kind of longevity.

OC and Darby Allin are IMO the breakout stars of AEW's first year.

AEW did over 900k last week with a very strong episode, tonight is stacked again, would be awesome if they could improve on that more. They are beating every WWE show in the key demo, as they continually tell us (which IMO is kind of too much at this point, we get it guys).
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Some others I think have gotten over big with US crowds since AEW started:

MJF
    Chuck and Trent (Best Friends)
    Adam Page (also has been hurt by no fans)
    Jungle Boy/Luchasaurus
    Rey Fenix/Pentagon Jr.
    Britt Baker

Have you guys watched the Deadly Draw women's tag tournament? I've watched both, and it's been mostly awful, like watching pre-"Women's Revolution" WWE Divas matches, but I give them credit for trying to do something with their messy women's division. Baker should be back soon although she's not great in the ring, Statlander on the shelf for a while. They need to snap up Lil Swole and Rachael Ellering if they haven't already.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

OC went over in a bad match...worst I have seen Jericho in a long time, sloppy, blown up a few minutes in. The first match was much better than this. The finish would have been fine but Jericho botched his part of the pin so it looked dumb. There were pictures of him playing a show with Fozzy somewhere over the weekend so I'm wondering if he partied too much beforehand. I'm guessing there will be a rubber match for Jericho to get his heat back at All Out but I really think this feud should be over at this point. If they do have a match at All Out, hopefully it's with Best Friends and Santana/Ortiz in a 6 man.

I enjoyed the rest of the show. The tag team wrestling in AEW is really fantastic overall, so many great teams, really they have too many at this point. They need to get the belts off Kenny and Hangman as it kind of makes the rest of the tag division look bad for two singles guys to be holding the titles, and both guys could be doing bigger things for the company. Hopefully that happens at All Out. The Tully Blanchard promo was fantastic, such a night and day difference between when you get one of the old guys cutting a promo and most of the new guys.

Also, while I wish they would do more with him, the backstage segments where Lance Archer is throwing guys around the locker room while Jake Roberts casually cuts a promo are hysterical.
    Last edited by Bhcforlife; 08-13-2020 at 08:25 AM.
    back on twitter

OC went over in a bad match...worst I have seen Jericho in a long time, sloppy, blown up a few minutes in. The first match was much better than this. The finish would have been fine but Jericho botched his part of the pin so it looked dumb. There were pictures of him playing a show with Fozzy somewhere over the weekend so I'm wondering if he partied too much beforehand. I'm guessing there will be a rubber match for Jericho to get his heat back at All Out but I really think this feud should be over at this point. If they do have a match at All Out, hopefully it's with Best Friends and Santana/Ortiz in a 6 man.

I enjoyed the rest of the show. The tag team wrestling in AEW is really fantastic overall, so many great teams, really they have too many at this point. They need to get the belts off Kenny and Hangman as it kind of makes the rest of the tag division look bad for two singles guys to be holding the titles, and both guys could be doing bigger things for the company. Hopefully that happens at All Out. The Tully Blanchard promo was fantastic, such a night and day difference between when you get one of the old guys cutting a promo and most of the new guys.

Also, while I wish they would do more with him, the backstage segments where Lance Archer is throwing guys around the locker room while Jake Roberts casually cuts a promo are hysterical.
    Yeah, that Jericho/Cassidy match was the drizzles. Jericho has been having decent matches while in AEW and I doubt he has fallen off that quickly. It very well could be that he was still feeling a little bit of the bubbly from his concert, but I'm guessing the OC style of wrestling with his hands in his pockets and being casually sloth like in the process throws some timing off? Idk. I know OC speeds up during an actual match and wrestles but he still has to incorporate his gimmick. And his punches on the outside of the ring were garbage. It seems like AEW doesn't give 2 shits weather or not the talent can throw legit working punches or not because you see the same horrible missed punches on just about every episode, including DARK. Another Dark Order dude was on camera punching the shit out of himself while his opponent had to sit there and sell for him. How that made it on air being pre taped is beyond me. Just more of the company not giving a shit I suppose. I know all wrestling has the occasional botch, but AEW seems to have one, if not more, on a weekly basis and they aren't doing a damn thing to correct it. There's plenty of vets there that can team the gymnasts how to throw a proper working punch. If they can't learn it then they shouldn't be throwing them.

That's my biggest reason for not wanting to watch because it seems like they legit don't care or not even trying hard to produce a legit show, but it's an alternative to the shit WWE is giving us so I still tune in each week as a wrestling fan but both companies are making me want to stop more and more each week for different reasons.

https://twitter.com/Pixel_Petes/stat...371771904?s=09

Again, I know all brands of wrestling have their flaws and botches, but AEW seems to have some huge botches on a weekly basis and do nothing to correct them. The 2 big ones from this past week aren't even included in that video. It's stuff like that that makes me not want to continue watching if they don't seem to care about the product they put out, especially lrw taped content that they can fix before it airs.

But, I'm a wrestling fan and I keep tuning in each week to the same results. Lol

Blog Entries

As far as OC goes, I think the format of his matches needs to be what we saw vs. PAC at Revolution, where it's mainly him getting beat up, comedy, him being a sloth, and short bursts of offense, not what we've seen in the Jericho matches. And he shouldn't be in the main, I mean maybe the quarterly say otherwise but it's hard to tell as long as he's in a program with Jericho because Jericho has consistently been AEW's top draw.

Speaking of ratings AEW was 9th in "the demo" and 792k, NXT 65th in "the demo" and 619k. NXT is getting a nice opportunity the next two weeks as AEW is moving due to NBA playoffs. I probably won't tune in, just because I haven't been following NXT heavily and I don't want to hop in for two weeks and then check back out, but then again I am a Rhea Ripley mark so I may check it out at least during her segment.

AEW does have a lot of botches. They had a dangerous botch last week with Sammy throwing the wrong chair at Matt Hardy and busting him open real bad hard way. Shouldn't happen, especially as you said in the taped shows. I give some leeway to their younger guys that do a lot of flippy shit like Private Party or Jungle Boy but the ugly botches from guys like Jericho or Daniels or Cody are kind of unacceptable. Their production as a whole needs to clean a lot of things up. That MJF segment last night where he laid down and they clearly wanted the overhead shot but couldn't get him mid frame kind of took me out of the promo. A lot of times they don't have the right camera live at the right time for certain moves. We're almost a year in now and especially given they are filming in the same place every week, not to mention the deep pockets of the Khan family and the fairly high ratings the program gets, a lot of this should be better by now, whether from experience or hiring someone who can do it better.

On a Cody note, it's wild, the IWC seems to have turned on him overnight. I'm not sure why everyone apparently thought he was going to drop the belt to Scorpio Sky, he's only had the belt just over 2 months, AEW seems to be very old school when it comes to title change frequency as each belt has only changed hands once, and he's clearly on a slow burn heel turn. They are making it quite obvious now with the "Prince of Pro Wrestling" thing and Brandi being obnoxious, plus I think Arn Anderson is going heel as well, possibly with Cody whenever this new 4 Horsemen is stood up. Cody is one guy I haven't really had any complaints about myself, I don't think he's had the highs of some of the other guys on the roster, but in terms of consistency he's IMO been the most consistent at putting out good matches.

Edit: I forgot that the Women's Championship has changed hands 3 times. I love Hikaru Shida and think she's adorable, but they really aren't putting a lot of effort into that division on the main show right now...
    back on twitter

As far as OC goes, I think the format of his matches needs to be what we saw vs. PAC at Revolution, where it's mainly him getting beat up, comedy, him being a sloth, and short bursts of offense, not what we've seen in the Jericho matches. And he shouldn't be in the main, I mean maybe the quarterly say otherwise but it's hard to tell as long as he's in a program with Jericho because Jericho has consistently been AEW's top draw.

Speaking of ratings AEW was 9th in "the demo" and 792k, NXT 65th in "the demo" and 619k. NXT is getting a nice opportunity the next two weeks as AEW is moving due to NBA playoffs. I probably won't tune in, just because I haven't been following NXT heavily and I don't want to hop in for two weeks and then check back out, but then again I am a Rhea Ripley mark so I may check it out at least during her segment.

AEW does have a lot of botches. They had a dangerous botch last week with Sammy throwing the wrong chair at Matt Hardy and busting him open real bad hard way. Shouldn't happen, especially as you said in the taped shows. I give some leeway to their younger guys that do a lot of flippy shit like Private Party or Jungle Boy but the ugly botches from guys like Jericho or Daniels or Cody are kind of unacceptable. Their production as a whole needs to clean a lot of things up. That MJF segment last night where he laid down and they clearly wanted the overhead shot but couldn't get him mid frame kind of took me out of the promo. A lot of times they don't have the right camera live at the right time for certain moves. We're almost a year in now and especially given they are filming in the same place every week, not to mention the deep pockets of the Khan family and the fairly high ratings the program gets, a lot of this should be better by now, whether from experience or hiring someone who can do it better.

On a Cody note, it's wild, the IWC seems to have turned on him overnight. I'm not sure why everyone apparently thought he was going to drop the belt to Scorpio Sky, he's only had the belt just over 2 months, AEW seems to be very old school when it comes to title change frequency as each belt has only changed hands once, and he's clearly on a slow burn heel turn. They are making it quite obvious now with the "Prince of Pro Wrestling" thing and Brandi being obnoxious, plus I think Arn Anderson is going heel as well, possibly with Cody whenever this new 4 Horsemen is stood up. Cody is one guy I haven't really had any complaints about myself, I don't think he's had the highs of some of the other guys on the roster, but in terms of consistency he's IMO been the most consistent at putting out good matches.

Edit: I forgot that the Women's Championship has changed hands 3 times. I love Hikaru Shida and think she's adorable, but they really aren't putting a lot of effort into that division on the main show right now...
    I agree with that. I want AEW and WWE (all wrestling shows for that matter) to be good and watchable. I really do, but AEW makes it hard for me to keep wanting to watch each week. Again, WWE isn't much better as I've said AEW has the better overall look and atmosphere to it. On a strictly wrestling standpoint, I have give the nod to NXT as the better option to watch, but the atmosphere doesn't seem near as lively as AEW. Pandemic aside, because AEW found a way to make it work....

NWA Powerr was slowly becoming my favorite to watch but it's on a hiatus thanks to the cancel culture callout on Twitter. Weather or not those accusations are real or not is a whole different story and if true, then I'm glad they are getting canceled on all platforms of wrestling...

Anywho, I agree that AEW has had time to fix these errors yet they still remain and that makes me think they really don't care as long as ratings are good. I believe if they could clean all that stuff up they could be a legit contender against WWE. The talent is there and the atmosphere and overall look of the show is by far better than what WWE is currently giving us. They just kill it with the botches and things that could obviously be edited or fixed but keep getting ignored on a weekly basis.

I like Cody and I'm glad he hasn't booked himself as the top star of the show. He shouldn't be. I like having him bring in others outside of the company for a chance at his title, even if they do "get signed" afterwards. ;) I was thinking maybe Cardona would turn on him and take it from him, but that doesn't line up with the teased heel turn Cody is showing and the rumored new 4 horsemen stable IF Cody is involved in that plan. I think Cody is starting to get some ruboff heat from Brandi now as well. People seem to hate her. Lol.

Blog Entries

The results for next episode are out, spoiler warning here...........................Erick Rowan is making his debut to help Brodie Lee win the TNT Championship. So 2/3 of the Wyatt Family is in a faction together yet again lol. I've been lukewarm on Brodie Lee since he got to AEW the gimmick is...eh...but good to see them giving him the win, as he desperately needed it (even though it's not clean).

It seems to me this will lead to the Horseman stuff, perhaps at All Out, as Cody will go back after the belt and need backup to overcome the numbers since he's not really associating with The Elite anymore.

Thunder Rosa from NWA also appearing to challenge Shida at All Out - not familiar with her.
    back on twitter