Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 543

Thread: Wrasslin'

  1. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    7,637

    Re: Wrasslin'

    Well, WWE managed to ruin another one of my fav chicks. They wasted 6 months of teasing a new LIV and bring her back into the worst storyline going today in the Lana/Lashley love angle vs Rusev during the stupid wedding.

    I'm bummed. :*(


    There was nothing wrong with her Riott Squad character, she just needed singles matches.

    I wouldn't have minded if they went with the fan clamoring of her joining Bray Wyatt, but that didn't ever make any sense with them being on different shows.

    They already have Sonya DeVille, who pushed the angle between herself and Mandy Rose as the first lesbian couple (Sonya is first openly gay female on the roster and wanted to use that) but it got set aside and now they bring LIV back with her "makeover" as having a love interest in Lana.

    I hope the fans voice enough displeasure with it that it forces them to change her back or into something better. They heard the voices with Kofimania and with Becky's push so it can happen. :)


    Seriously bummed. LIV deserves better.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk





  2. #14

    Re: Wrasslin'

    Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801
    Well, WWE managed to ruin another one of my fav chicks. They wasted 6 months of teasing a new LIV and bring her back into the worst storyline going today in the Lana/Lashley love angle vs Rusev during the stupid wedding.

    I'm bummed. :*(


    There was nothing wrong with her Riott Squad character, she just needed singles matches.

    I wouldn't have minded if they went with the fan clamoring of her joining Bray Wyatt, but that didn't ever make any sense with them being on different shows.

    They already have Sonya DeVille, who pushed the angle between herself and Mandy Rose as the first lesbian couple (Sonya is first openly gay female on the roster and wanted to use that) but it got set aside and now they bring LIV back with her "makeover" as having a love interest in Lana.

    I hope the fans voice enough displeasure with it that it forces them to change her back or into something better. They heard the voices with Kofimania and with Becky's push so it can happen. :)


    Seriously bummed. LIV deserves better.
    Reportedly the RAW rating jumped greatly so that segment apparently worked. To your point about Deville she expressed confusion on Twitter. But a storyline involving Wyatt would be interesting.
    New column on my site dedicated to WWE
    Over/Under
    http://www.justbringingtheraw.com/columns/over-under.html





  3. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    42,658
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Wrasslin'

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Osmond View Post
    Noticed a healthy amount of wrestling fans on this board prior to joining via threads I came across during a Google search. If you're a wrestling fan or used to be when did you start watching? Which promotion(s) do/did you watch? Who are your fave personalities?
    I was born in 87. So, I started watching closer to the mid-90s. My first live PPV was Super Brawl V, which was main evented by Hogan vs Vader. That was during the time when the Hulk Hogan character was running stale. The crowd was a very Pro-Vader crowd. Everyone went home ticked off, because the match ended in a DQ.

    So, my sweet spot was the Monday Night Wars/Attitude Era. The Undertaker was my favorite wrestler, but I was more of a fan of WCW overall, but it was really close. More like a 52/49 type of deal. I was a huge nWo fan and felt that DX was just a juvenile version of it. My three favorite all-time wrestlers are Undertaker, Scott Hall and William Regal. My favorite feud is the Kane/Undertaker 98' feud, that started merging with the Austin/McMahon feud, with Mankind thrown into the mix. My second favorite finishers were the Tombstone Piledriver and the Diamond Cutter.

    I was a fan of Goldberg at first, but it got stale for me fast. I remember watching him wrestle Regal and the match looked like crap. I was so used to seeing Regal have really good matches, that I was able to figure out who the culprit was. So, I was glad he got beat at Starrcade 98' and frankly, I wanted Page to beat him at the Havoc that year.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore





  4. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Calvert County
    Posts
    12,712
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Wrasslin'

    My favorite thing about AEW is how big a star they make Jon Moxley (Dean Ambrose) look like. Best music and the coolest entrance, only guy that hasnít had a pinfall loss yet. Unreal that WWE wasted this guy like they did.





  5. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    7,637

    Re: Wrasslin'

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Osmond View Post
    Reportedly the RAW rating jumped greatly so that segment apparently worked. To your point about Deville she expressed confusion on Twitter. But a storyline involving Wyatt would be interesting.
    It was supposedly the highest watched segment for RAW of the year. YouTube views are through the roof. People love watching a train wreck. Smh

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk





  6. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    7,637

    Re: Wrasslin'

    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I was born in 87. So, I started watching closer to the mid-90s. My first live PPV was Super Brawl V, which was main evented by Hogan vs Vader. That was during the time when the Hulk Hogan character was running stale. The crowd was a very Pro-Vader crowd. Everyone went home ticked off, because the match ended in a DQ.

    So, my sweet spot was the Monday Night Wars/Attitude Era. The Undertaker was my favorite wrestler, but I was more of a fan of WCW overall, but it was really close. More like a 52/49 type of deal. I was a huge nWo fan and felt that DX was just a juvenile version of it. My three favorite all-time wrestlers are Undertaker, Scott Hall and William Regal. My favorite feud is the Kane/Undertaker 98' feud, that started merging with the Austin/McMahon feud, with Mankind thrown into the mix. My second favorite finishers were the Tombstone Piledriver and the Diamond Cutter.

    I was a fan of Goldberg at first, but it got stale for me fast. I remember watching him wrestle Regal and the match looked like crap. I was so used to seeing Regal have really good matches, that I was able to figure out who the culprit was. So, I was glad he got beat at Starrcade 98' and frankly, I wanted Page to beat him at the Havoc that year.
    I believe that was the match where Regal intentionally tried to wrestle Oldberg and no sold his stuff. Regal was already in his way out of WCW and knew Oldberg was the drizzles. Wanted him to actually have to work a match and showed that he can't.

    That's why it looked like shit. Lol.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk





  7. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    7,637

    Re: Wrasslin'

    Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    My favorite thing about AEW is how big a star they make Jon Moxley (Dean Ambrose) look like. Best music and the coolest entrance, only guy that hasnít had a pinfall loss yet. Unreal that WWE wasted this guy like they did.
    Personally, I don't see the appeal in him. Never liked him as Ambrose either. He is extremely boring to me.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk





  8. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Calvert County
    Posts
    12,712
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Wrasslin'

    Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    Personally, I don't see the appeal in him. Never liked him as Ambrose either. He is extremely boring to me.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    I agree as far as WWE. But to me he's a different beast in AEW, not having to do scripted promos or stick to PG shit. Plus, standing beside most of the AEW roster, which as you know is filled with smaller guys, he looks like a big deal and a big star. In WWE he was just another guy...

    I was at the show at the Baltimore Arena a couple months ago where he wrestled Kenny Omega in an unsanctioned hardcore match, it was the wildest shit I've ever seen live. I don't think a lot of wrestling purists liked it necessarily but it's exactly the kind of shit I loved about the Attitude Era.
    back on twitter

    "Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the manís preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52





  9. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Calvert County
    Posts
    12,712
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Wrasslin'



    I can't find a full match but this hits all the highlights. So much fun to be in the crowd for this match. It was like a 35 minute death match and the crowd was into it from start to finish. Fucking psychopaths. Of all the violent stuff in that match the worst had to be Kenny trying to hit that Phoenix Splash from the top rope onto the exposed 2x4's on the ring after Mox pulled the padding up.

    This is what so many of us wanted the Lesnar/Ambrose match at WM to be, but, you know, Lesnar...
    Last edited by Bhcforlife; 01-02-2020 at 11:03 AM.
    back on twitter

    "Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the manís preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52





  10. #22

    Re: Wrasslin'

    I think I stopped watching when it was George the Animal Steel, Coco Beware, the Junkyard Dog, Jake the Snake, Roddy Roddy Piper, Hulk Hogan, Macho Man, and Andre the Giant. I saw a little bit of The Undertaker, HBK, and that era... but not really.
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." -Margaret Mead





  11. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Calvert County
    Posts
    12,712
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Wrasslin'

    Jake the Snake was probably my favorite as a kid. Before I learned about workrate and all that shit and just enjoyed it for what it was lol.
    back on twitter

    "Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the manís preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52





  12. #24

    Re: Wrasslin'

    I used to watch as a kid back when Hulk Hogan first took off in the WWF. Loved Rowdy Roddy Piper and the Junk Yard Dog. I can't hear "Another One Bites the Dust" without picturing the JYD swinging his chain and clearing the ring. Was always on the edge of my seat thinking this would be the week that SD Special Delivery Jones finally got the victory!

    I stopped sometime prior to high school when the whole Hulkamania thing had just gotten so stupid. Let me guess, he's going to get stronger with every punch, do the finger wag, high kick and the leg drop. That leg drop might be the worst finishing move ever, except maybe the People's Elbow.

    Got back into it with HBK and Razor. The peak of the WWF/E was when they had competition from WCW and brought in the ECW guys. Those matches were amazing. But once they eliminated WCW, they went back to stupid story lines, brought back Hulk, Flair. Haven't really watched since.





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Link To Mobile Site