Page 102 of 103 FirstFirst ... 100101102103 LastLast
Results 1,213 to 1,224 of 1226

Thread: Wrasslin'

1. Re: Wrasslin'

The no-selling takes all the sting out of the moves. You don't even get a chance to digest them.

Blog Entries

Re: Wrasslin'

Ospreay is one of the few things I actually like about AEW. He's a great babyface and as a modern style worker probably the best I've seen. I get why people don't like it though, that style of match. Not for everyone. I suspect that my opinion will change eventually as we see the same matches again and again. Much like how I originally liked the Bucks but every match being the same killed them pretty fast for me. And others, I guess. They are still trying to force this angle but I don't think people really want to see them.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the manís preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

3. Re: Wrasslin'

Was anybody a fan of Leilani Kai, Velvet McIntyre or Rockin' Robin?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mr_luck07 View Post
    Was anybody a fan of Leilani Kai, Velvet McIntyre or Rockin' Robin?
    I only know Rockin' Robin from the Dark Side of the Ring episode about Grizzly Smith, which is probably the most harrowing episode of that series. She was a little before my time.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the manís preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Any of y'all see Edge's ill fated leap in the cage match Sunday? He landed feet first for an elbow drop off the top of the cage and amazingly somehow didn't have his knees crumple immediately. He did break his tibia though. I'm astonished a 25+ year veteran of the industry made that kind of mistake. If he wasn't comfortable doing the spot, you know, not everyone has to be Sting in AEW and doing all this crazy shit. Coming off the top he needed to land on Malakai on the table or at least on his side with as much of his body taking the impact as possible...and he just completely botched it, I can only assume from nerves/afraid some.
    back on twitter

Watching it live it made me a little sick because I thought he snapped his leg in two. I much prefer aew in ring style, but something needs to change because a week ago their injured roster was as strong if not better than the active one.

7. Re: Wrasslin'

A throwback from the Capitol Wrestling days of WWE

Blog Entries

Probably unrelated to but I once went to the Capital Centre many, many years ago with my father for a WWE show. We only made it about halfway thru before he had to take my out because I was terrified of Papa Shango LOL. I was probably like 8 and this was the time when he was making Warrior sick with his voodoo magic on TV. I was terrified.
    back on twitter

Blog Entries

This is the greatest thing I've seen in wrestling in years. I'll never understand why AEW didn't lean more into the Broken Matt stuff given it's the only thing entertaining thing Matt Hardy has done since like 2002. It's incredibly goofy and unserious but I'm more entertained by this 13 minutes than Hardy's entire AEW run. I mean, this isn't wrestling. And the acting is hysterically bad on the System's part. But holy shit it's FUN...which isn't that the point?

back on twitter

Blog Entries

Wyatt 6 debut with Uncle Howdy and the characters from the Funhouse was the best WWE debut since the original Jericho debut with Rock, in my opinion. Took something that people weren't really interested in, the whole Uncle Howdy, Wyatt stuff, without Bray Wyatt what's the point right? But after the debut, now it's interesting. Now let's see where this goes.

Punk screwing McIntyre out of the title was also incredibly well done in how it was shot and revealed to be Punk. Excellent work by WWE on the production side lately.
    back on twitter

Blog Entries

Dynamite's rating this week was 502k, the lowest they've ever done. It's beyond time to retire the Forbidden Door concept or at the very least limit it to a PPV where it is literally just "dream matches" with little or no story, and keep it off the weekly programming. Every year they've done Forbidden Door, this happens in the run up to it, people stop watching because American audiences don't want to see random luchas and aging Japanese dudes show up on the show for 2-3 weeks, barely get an introduction, and then never be seen again after the PPV. This is the lowest it's ever gone and I have to think this may actually cause Tony to make some changes.
    back on twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Dynamite's rating this week was 502k, the lowest they've ever done. It's beyond time to retire the Forbidden Door concept or at the very least limit it to a PPV where it is literally just "dream matches" with little or no story, and keep it off the weekly programming. Every year they've done Forbidden Door, this happens in the run up to it, people stop watching because American audiences don't want to see random luchas and aging Japanese dudes show up on the show for 2-3 weeks, barely get an introduction, and then never be seen again after the PPV. This is the lowest it's ever gone and I have to think this may actually cause Tony to make some changes.
    It won't change anything. Tony has already said he books for the AEW diehards and no one else. This past weeks ratings only prove that they have been benefitting from the Big Bang Theory lead in numbers. Take away those lead in numbers and the over run numbers where people are switching back at 10pm to that channel and their average stays around 600k... More and more of those fans that were pimping their chests along with Tony and Jericho when the ratings were good are all now starting to claim the ratings no longer matter. Where I agree to an extent that the ratings shouldn't matter all that much to the viewing fans, they still absolutely matter to sponsors and networks. Sure, streaming viewers are still increasing vs cable, but cable ratings still matter as long as they are being aired on a cable network, especially when they are very close to the end of their current media rights deal.

I flip (pun intended) over to Dynamite from time to time just to see what's going on, but there is absolutely nothing there that holds my interest or makes me want to tune in each week, especially to sit through an entire show.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk