Page 101 of 102 FirstFirst ... 99100101102 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,212 of 1217

Thread: Wrasslin'

  1. Re: Wrasslin'

    Rowdy Roddy Piper is the only guy who can talk smack and bring the Million Dollar man down to earth. This was too funny!

    "The people at most risk of becoming obsolete, are the least capable of understanding why"

    -Economic Illiterate Class





  2. #1202
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    8,974

    Re: Wrasslin'

    Well, Hell officially froze over! CM Punk is back in WWE. Never thought it would happen. (Yeah yeah, I know they say "never say never" but even he said he'd never go back"

    Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by nickh0801; 11-27-2023 at 05:25 PM.





  3. #1203
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Calvert County
    Posts
    17,427
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Wrasslin'

    I'm dying at how dumb Tony Khan is and continues to be. This dude Daniel Garcia causes 100-200k viewers to dip out EVERY SINGLE TIME he is on TV. Yet he is on TV EVERY WEEK?! His match with Copeland was just shy of being the lowest rated segment on Dynamite Wednesday and I'm pretty sure it ain't because of Edge.

    I don't even watch AEW anymore honestly. I follow it thru social media but the show has gotten so horrible I have no enthusiasm or interest in it and instead of doing things to reverse the downward trend, they're doubling down on the stupidity. At least WWE has been straight fire lately.

    I want to hate that the Young Bucks are going to retire Sting but I know that's something he chose, so I'm not going to be critical of it if that's what he wants.
    back on twitter

    "Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the manís preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52





  4. #1204
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Calvert County
    Posts
    17,427
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Wrasslin'

    Had to post about AEW showing that CM Punk/Jack Perry video. People who watched in the 90s may remember the WCW "Fingerpoke of Doom" where Kevin Nash was champion and essentially, Hogan poked him in the chest and he laid down for him. Widely considered to be the one of the big moments that was the beginning of the end for WCW. That same night, Bischoff made Schiavone reveal that Mick Foley would win the championship on WWF that same night, and a big chunk of the audience changed channels. They never recovered.

    What AEW did on Wednesday to me is pretty similar. They showed a video they didn't have to show in which a now fired wrestler who maintains a large fanbase of very die hard fans (I am one) and works for the competition roughs up one of their talent, who is still employed by AEW and who presumably is going to be returning soon toward the top of the card. Did absolutely nothing but make Jack Perry look bad, Tony Khan look worse for his "feared for his life" comment he made, and put over the competition, the very guy you were trying to embarrass. Amateur hour over there right now. It generally confirmed everything Punk said to be accurate so if it wasn't going to refute what he said - that he put Perry in a little choke and Joe broke it up - why even bother showing it??? The incident is nearly a year old at this point and people had moved on, was no reason to go back to the past.
    back on twitter

    "Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the manís preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52





  5. #1205
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Calvert County
    Posts
    17,427
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Wrasslin'

    Mind you the same company that was drawing 1M+ viewers when Punk was there, and is now drawing a steady 750-800k, 20-25% drop in viewers since he's been gone. I've always said Tony books that show for himself and nobody else, and in his eyes all this nonsense matches they are doing that have minimal to no story and frankly a lot of guys that should not be on TV is amazing stuff. He gets on Twitter after every show and says how great he thought it was...even this week, which I believe is the lowest rated Dynamite of all time. That is the main problem with the company. He booked Jay White - thought to be a "gamechanger" when he was signed - against Billy Gunn who is in what, his 60s now? And it was a (bad) competitive match! They've completely killed Jay White as a draw from the moment he got there. He booked his big signing Will Ospreay against Kyle Fletcher who was primarily a job guy and ROH guy...and had it go 20 minutes. And yeah if you want workrate that match was awesome, but they killed Ospreay as a big star on arrival by having it be competitive and by having Fletcher kick out of all his finishers. Tony doesn't understand that not every match needs to be a competitive 20 minute back and forth. Ospreay is so good and so likeable he's rising above it but it's still infuriating.
    back on twitter

    "Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the manís preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52





  6. #1206
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    8,974

    Re: Wrasslin'

    Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Had to post about AEW showing that CM Punk/Jack Perry video. People who watched in the 90s may remember the WCW "Fingerpoke of Doom" where Kevin Nash was champion and essentially, Hogan poked him in the chest and he laid down for him. Widely considered to be the one of the big moments that was the beginning of the end for WCW. That same night, Bischoff made Schiavone reveal that Mick Foley would win the championship on WWF that same night, and a big chunk of the audience changed channels. They never recovered.

    What AEW did on Wednesday to me is pretty similar. They showed a video they didn't have to show in which a now fired wrestler who maintains a large fanbase of very die hard fans (I am one) and works for the competition roughs up one of their talent, who is still employed by AEW and who presumably is going to be returning soon toward the top of the card. Did absolutely nothing but make Jack Perry look bad, Tony Khan look worse for his "feared for his life" comment he made, and put over the competition, the very guy you were trying to embarrass. Amateur hour over there right now. It generally confirmed everything Punk said to be accurate so if it wasn't going to refute what he said - that he put Perry in a little choke and Joe broke it up - why even bother showing it??? The incident is nearly a year old at this point and people had moved on, was no reason to go back to the past.
    It barely popped the ratings, which is why they even aired it (Jack Perry storyline being secondary) Tony went to Twitter/X bragging about barely cracking 800k. He is booking for his entertainment and the very small internet niche group that constantly tell him how great AEW is and thank him. They can't stop tongue washing his balls long enough to actually see how bad it's gotten, and Tony feeds into it thinking everything is fine and anyone that dissagrees or calls him out on is is just a hate/WWE schill in his eyes and said ball washers.

    Garbage Mox will return soon to save the day though. He can pick up the slack that gamechangers # 6, 7, and 8 haven't been able to do.


    That show/company was bad before, but really started to go downhill fast once Cody left and steamrolled further down with the Punk press conference. They will have to make some drastic changes in order to turn things around, and signing new flavors of the week isn't the answer, unless by some miracle they convince Seth and Becky to jump ship. Ratings continue to dwindle each week and that's with Okada, Ospreay, and Botcha there.


    But "everything is fine....Wembley!!!!"

    Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk





  7. #1207
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Calvert County
    Posts
    17,427
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Wrasslin'

    Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    It barely popped the ratings, which is why they even aired it (Jack Perry storyline being secondary) Tony went to Twitter/X bragging about barely cracking 800k. He is booking for his entertainment and the very small internet niche group that constantly tell him how great AEW is and thank him. They can't stop tongue washing his balls long enough to actually see how bad it's gotten, and Tony feeds into it thinking everything is fine and anyone that dissagrees or calls him out on is is just a hate/WWE schill in his eyes and said ball washers.

    Garbage Mox will return soon to save the day though. He can pick up the slack that gamechangers # 6, 7, and 8 haven't been able to do.


    That show/company was bad before, but really started to go downhill fast once Cody left and steamrolled further down with the Punk press conference. They will have to make some drastic changes in order to turn things around, and signing new flavors of the week isn't the answer, unless by some miracle they convince Seth and Becky to jump ship. Ratings continue to dwindle each week and that's with Okada, Ospreay, and Botcha there.


    But "everything is fine....Wembley!!!!"

    Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
    Not wrong at all about Tony. It's unfortunate because I found him endearing and enjoyable early in AEW's run, but he's insufferable now. He's known to respect Cornette's opinions on things so I'm not sure why now at this point where ratings are down and outside of this, I'm sure, one week pop, they continue to decline, he's not making significant changes. Honestly I'm not sure how he can be so focused on ratings but not actually pay attention to the segment to segment trends on a week to week basis. See my post about Daniel Garcia above.

    Funny you bring up Mox, I haven't even thought about him but hell, given the current state of what we get on AEW I'd take him back. I can't take Edge seriously wrestling some of these dudes. Like they aren't bad matches but why are you doing this. The things I like about AEW are few and far between now...I think Will Ospreay is excellent, for a modern style wrestler, he looks great and he talks great, but it didn't take a genius to know he wouldn't move the needle in America any more than Kenny Omega did. You can say the exact same thing about Okada to an even great degree. Sasha was basically their last ditch to pull in viewers and it looks like nothing has changed. I enjoy Swerve and Joe tremendously, and I look forward to Swerve winning the title, and I absolutely hate that ratings are going to drop even further when he does.

    Outside of that what do I like? Not much. They put "Shane Taylor Promotions" who I couldn't tell you who they are, on against Jericho, who is dangerously close to getting go away heat, Hook, who has had no development whatsoever since his debut and needs to get to WWE/NXT ASAP, and Shibata who nobody in America outside the 600k consistent AEW viewers gives a shit about...ON THE 9:00 QUARTER. I don't understand. I just don't. Makes no sense. Then putting Dustin, who has been on TV sporadically for months, in the main event for absolutely no reason.
    back on twitter

    "Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the manís preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52





  8. #1208
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    8,974

    Re: Wrasslin'

    Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Not wrong at all about Tony. It's unfortunate because I found him endearing and enjoyable early in AEW's run, but he's insufferable now. He's known to respect Cornette's opinions on things so I'm not sure why now at this point where ratings are down and outside of this, I'm sure, one week pop, they continue to decline, he's not making significant changes. Honestly I'm not sure how he can be so focused on ratings but not actually pay attention to the segment to segment trends on a week to week basis. See my post about Daniel Garcia above.

    Funny you bring up Mox, I haven't even thought about him but hell, given the current state of what we get on AEW I'd take him back. I can't take Edge seriously wrestling some of these dudes. Like they aren't bad matches but why are you doing this. The things I like about AEW are few and far between now...I think Will Ospreay is excellent, for a modern style wrestler, he looks great and he talks great, but it didn't take a genius to know he wouldn't move the needle in America any more than Kenny Omega did. You can say the exact same thing about Okada to an even great degree. Sasha was basically their last ditch to pull in viewers and it looks like nothing has changed. I enjoy Swerve and Joe tremendously, and I look forward to Swerve winning the title, and I absolutely hate that ratings are going to drop even further when he does.

    Outside of that what do I like? Not much. They put "Shane Taylor Promotions" who I couldn't tell you who they are, on against Jericho, who is dangerously close to getting go away heat, Hook, who has had no development whatsoever since his debut and needs to get to WWE/NXT ASAP, and Shibata who nobody in America outside the 600k consistent AEW viewers gives a shit about...ON THE 9:00 QUARTER. I don't understand. I just don't. Makes no sense. Then putting Dustin, who has been on TV sporadically for months, in the main event for absolutely no reason.
    Mox showed back up right on que last night and growled his usual Billy Badass promo that he always spews. I immediately changed the channel and didn't bother changing it back.

    I agree with you on Swerve. Dude is a superstar. Too bad he's in that shit company where no one will ge to see it. WWE definitely dropped the ball on him. (gotta assume it was Vince that let him go)

    Ratings should drop today around 5pm. I have no idea if the show was good or not (I'd say not based on the past 8 months or so) so we will see if they actually gained anything from last weeks showing of the Punk footage outside of the extra 100k that tuned in to see it then.

    Like you said, TK should look at the quarterly numbers and see who is a draw and who isn't and make the necessary changes to improve his show. That's the only thing that will help at this point. He can be aggressive in free agency all he wants to, but none of his "gamechangers" have done anything to boost ratings or ticket sales thus far. He needs to put together a roster and show that people actually want to see and stop shoving Orange Cassidy and the Young Bucks (who are constantly amongst the bottom rated segments each week, unless in the opener that gets the Big Bang Theory over run help) down our throats. Jericho has completely soured with the fans, and no one cares to see him. They hardly sing his song anymore, yet he's still taking up multiple segments and bringing anyone he works with down with him as usual. I can't think of a single wrestler that he has worked a story with that is actually doing better because of it.

    Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk





  9. #1209

    Re: Wrasslin'

    Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    Mox showed back up right on que last night and growled his usual Billy Badass promo that he always spews. I immediately changed the channel and didn't bother changing it back.

    I agree with you on Swerve. Dude is a superstar. Too bad he's in that shit company where no one will ge to see it. WWE definitely dropped the ball on him. (gotta assume it was Vince that let him go)

    Ratings should drop today around 5pm. I have no idea if the show was good or not (I'd say not based on the past 8 months or so) so we will see if they actually gained anything from last weeks showing of the Punk footage outside of the extra 100k that tuned in to see it then.

    Like you said, TK should look at the quarterly numbers and see who is a draw and who isn't and make the necessary changes to improve his show. That's the only thing that will help at this point. He can be aggressive in free agency all he wants to, but none of his "gamechangers" have done anything to boost ratings or ticket sales thus far. He needs to put together a roster and show that people actually want to see and stop shoving Orange Cassidy and the Young Bucks (who are constantly amongst the bottom rated segments each week, unless in the opener that gets the Big Bang Theory over run help) down our throats. Jericho has completely soured with the fans, and no one cares to see him. They hardly sing his song anymore, yet he's still taking up multiple segments and bringing anyone he works with down with him as usual. I can't think of a single wrestler that he has worked a story with that is actually doing better because of it.

    Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
    Jericho's time is over - he is becoming a has-been. Matches no good and tired of his mic time. I would have never thought this a few years ago. Garcia lacks any charisma whatsoever. I have no idea why they keep pushing him.





  10. #1210
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    8,974

    Re: Wrasslin'

    Quote Originally Posted by 2bynight View Post
    Jericho's time is over - he is becoming a has-been. Matches no good and tired of his mic time. I would have never thought this a few years ago. Garcia lacks any charisma whatsoever. I have no idea why they keep pushing him.
    I agree 100% Jericho fell off quick, too. He was still pretty decent at first, and then all of a sudden, he was just there in name alone. His matches sucked and he got absolutely no one else over.

    Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk





  11. #1211

    Re: Wrasslin'

    I saw Will Ospreay perform for the first time in a match against Claudio. I thought Claudio was far better. What is the big deal with Ospreay? He did not look great at all. Since this is the first time I have seen him perhaps prior matches are thrilling. He just did not seem like this amazing performer that was touted. Same with Okada. Penta is the far better performer and gives thrilling exhibitions each time.





  12. #1212
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    8,974

    Re: Wrasslin'

    Quote Originally Posted by 2bynight View Post
    I saw Will Ospreay perform for the first time in a match against Claudio. I thought Claudio was far better. What is the big deal with Ospreay? He did not look great at all. Since this is the first time I have seen him perhaps prior matches are thrilling. He just did not seem like this amazing performer that was touted. Same with Okada. Penta is the far better performer and gives thrilling exhibitions each time.
    He does flashy flippy spots, gets beat up and acts like he's about to die, then pops right back up to more flippy spots like he hadn't even been touched or the match is just starting. Unfortunately, that is a major theme in AEW matches and has become the norm in today's wrestling across the board. Everyone just wants to get their stuff in to pop the crowd instead of having matches that make any sense what so ever. This no sell-gymnastics generation isn't for me at all. I absolutely hate it.

    Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Link To Mobile Site
var infolinks_pid = 3297965; var infolinks_wsid = 0; //ó->