Page 100 of 103 FirstFirst ... 9899100101102 ... LastLast
Results 1,189 to 1,200 of 1226

Thread: Wrasslin'

Re: Wrasslin'

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Oh, and to make matters worse for AEW, Adam Cole, one of the key players in the only interesting storyline in the company, apparently hurt his leg/knee jumping off the ramp last night. Serious enough he had to go to the hospital. Tough times for AEW. Not selling tickets and ratings are not great.

Going to be honest my interest died when they sided with Junglefuck over CM Punk even though Junglefuck was the one that started it. I didn't watch at all last week and only watch a bit last night.
    I saw the Samoa Joe/MJF match. That was really well done.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 2bynight View Post
    I saw the Samoa Joe/MJF match. That was really well done.
    I did watch that too. I have always loved Samoa Joe, I am always going to try to catch his matches, and MJF is reliably good. Not sure where they will go if Cole is hurt, but it does give them an easy out for the ROH Tag Titles, which Tony had booked himself into a corner on - i.e. neither MJF nor Cole is taking a pin or a legitimate loss from anybody they would realistically put the belts on, so they had no way to get them off lol. They also don't really have another guy for MJF...though I can't say I think like Tony when it comes to wrestling so who knows. I assume if they are indeed bringing in Edge as has been rumored they will go with that. Tony has no clue how to build anyone unless they get over organically, and he usually ruins any momentum they have. The only reason the Cole/MJF thing has worked like it has is because they are so good individually as wrestlers and entertainers, wasn't a long term plan to go this long with it but they kind of forced TK's hand.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

I did watch that too. I have always loved Samoa Joe, I am always going to try to catch his matches, and MJF is reliably good. Not sure where they will go if Cole is hurt, but it does give them an easy out for the ROH Tag Titles, which Tony had booked himself into a corner on - i.e. neither MJF nor Cole is taking a pin or a legitimate loss from anybody they would realistically put the belts on, so they had no way to get them off lol. They also don't really have another guy for MJF...though I can't say I think like Tony when it comes to wrestling so who knows. I assume if they are indeed bringing in Edge as has been rumored they will go with that. Tony has no clue how to build anyone unless they get over organically, and he usually ruins any momentum they have. The only reason the Cole/MJF thing has worked like it has is because they are so good individually as wrestlers and entertainers, wasn't a long term plan to go this long with it but they kind of forced TK's hand.
    Agreed. It will be interesting to see how this develops.

Blog Entries

What do we think of Edge going to AEW?

I will say having his first match with the company, Edge being someone who has had serious neck problems, with Botchasaurus is quite the decision. Like I'm sure he wants to get in the ring with some of these dudes, he seems real excited for the opportunities in AEW, but he's gotta be safe because a lot of these dudes are not WWE trained or even really trained at all...
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

I will say having his first match with the company, Edge being someone who has had serious neck problems, with Botchasaurus is quite the decision. Like I'm sure he wants to get in the ring with some of these dudes, he seems real excited for the opportunities in AEW, but he's gotta be safe because a lot of these dudes are not WWE trained or even really trained at all...
    Yup, but a lot of these guys do have a lot of time in the indies. I'm sure there will be a conversation between Edge and the dinosuar.

It's very meh and him being there won't do jack shit for their ratings. I'm glad the guy was able to come back and do what he loves, and I hope he gets to end things on his terms, but the glorified gymnastics style of AEW doesn't fit him at all. I will also add that I can see why he chose to sign there as he was rather stale in WWE. He wants to have more matches and wrestle each week and WWE didn't see that happening so....more $ and he's in a company with 3 of his best friends. Good for him.

Sasha Banks will be next as soon as she is cleared from her current injury, then add in a few of the recent WWE releases and we will have a 4th WWE product to watch weekly, with a few indy darlings sprinkled in to ruin those shows (Dynamite and Collision)

NXT beat Dynamite in ratings last week (sure, blame the TV guide) I can't wait to see this week's head to head numbers. :)

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

In signing Ric Flair AEW has officially done a complete 180 from what they were and stood for early on. It’s telling that the entire AEW fanbase, which is known for being exceedingly forgiving of anything in AEW, is shitting on this. I don’t need Ric Flair on my TV in 2023. I just don’t. Have him out for Stings thing as a one off but signing him?

Blog Entries

Also if Flair somehow does have a match in AEW which I don’t think he will, I will never watch the company again lol.

Also if Flair somehow does have a match in AEW which I don’t think he will, I will never watch the company again lol.
    He is far too old to have a match. If they try that it will be the biggest joke in pro wrestling.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 2bynight View Post
    He is far too old to have a match. If they try that it will be the biggest joke in pro wrestling.
    He's already talking about wanting to wrestle MJF lol. Said it would pop a rating...and you know Tony Khan has zero impulse control. All I can say is please no.

To be clear I love Ric Flair...just the Ric Flair of 20-30-40 years ago, not Ric Flair in 2023 lol.
    back on twitter

He's already talking about wanting to wrestle MJF lol. Said it would pop a rating...and you know Tony Khan has zero impulse control. All I can say is please no.

To be clear I love Ric Flair...just the Ric Flair of 20-30-40 years ago, not Ric Flair in 2023 lol.
    likewise - I saw the man on NWA tv stations on Saturdays with the four horsemen. Not the way he is now.

Flair has said multiple times that he regrets having "his final match". Says he still wants to wrestle, and has been cleared to do so apparently. Lol. You know damn well Tony Khan will have him booked in some matches before too long. May be in a tag or multiman match, but you can almost bet he will be back in the ring taking a few bumps and woooooing before its all said in done. Smh

I find myself skipping more and more AEW stuff and or not even bothering to watch it at all now days. Nothing there has me interested in tuning in weekly anymore.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk