John Cena
    CM Punk

Currently:
    Aliestar Black
    Becky Lynch
    Bray Wyatt
    The New Day
    Paul Hayman

I'm sure there are others I enjoy(ed) listening to but those are the ones that come straight to mind for me.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Yeah Flair is a must as far as the promos go. I forgot about Dusty. During his heyday he was up there with Flair. "Pork and beans daddy" lol.

Jake was always fantastic in his delivery. His whisper...nobody was doing that. He came across so menacing. Jake could have been the greatest wrestler of all time if he didn't have his demons. He really had his heel character perfected, understood psychology like no other and could work.

Randy Savage was always one of my favorite promos. So unique. "Cup of coffee in the big time" lol.

Bhc is exactly right about Jericho too. The guy has been a fantastic promo since 1996 basically when he was a cruiserweight in WCW. And nobody has reinvented themselves as often and successfully as Y2J.

I always liked Sid's promos. The intensity and the laughing that he used to do. So believable. Obviously he had his infamous promo blunders as well but they were hilarious. The one when he screwed up live and told mean Gene he was gonna start over and gene says we are live buddy. And the one where he told Scott Steiner "you are half the man that I am and I have half the brain that you have". Oh Sid smh

Re: Wrasslin'

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensforce83 View Post
    Yeah Flair is a must as far as the promos go. I forgot about Dusty. During his heyday he was up there with Flair. "Pork and beans daddy" lol.

Jake was always fantastic in his delivery. His whisper...nobody was doing that. He came across so menacing. Jake could have been the greatest wrestler of all time if he didn't have his demons. He really had his heel character perfected, understood psychology like no other and could work.

Randy Savage was always one of my favorite promos. So unique. "Cup of coffee in the big time" lol.

Bhc is exactly right about Jericho too. The guy has been a fantastic promo since 1996 basically when he was a cruiserweight in WCW. And nobody has reinvented themselves as often and successfully as Y2J.

I always liked Sid's promos. The intensity and the laughing that he used to do. So believable. Obviously he had his infamous promo blunders as well but they were hilarious. The one when he screwed up live and told mean Gene he was gonna start over and gene says we are live buddy. And the one where he told Scott Steiner "you are half the man that I am and I have half the brain that you have". Oh Sid smh
    Sid's charisma made up for his blunders. Believe that was like In Your House 1 or 2 with JR where he asked to start over, and they were live. Sid's intensity made his promos phenomenal.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Don Frye's Moustache View Post
    Sid's charisma made up for his blunders. Believe that was like In Your House 1 or 2 with JR where he asked to start over, and they were live. Sid's intensity made his promos phenomenal.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Absolutely. Sid is another one of those that had so much potential and is a what could have been if he had been 100% invested in the business. He was still very successful and he always worked at the top wherever he went but man if he would have been able to stick somewhere for extended time and not disappear to go play softball he could have been the next Hogan (even though he was always best as a heel people loved him).

My favorite what could have been guys:
    -Sid
    -Jake
    -Scott Hall
    -Lex Luger
    -Van Hammer (yes in his 1st WCW run in 91 or 92 he got a pretty good push based on his look which was great but he never put it together)
    -CM Punk
    -Bulldog
    -Owen Hart
    -Brian Pillman
    -Raven
    -Chris Canyon
    - Tom "Zman" Zenk
    - Rick Rude

Now the reasons for them not reaching their full potential is different for each and some came much closer than others

No love for the New Age Outlaws? Man I loved their entrance. “oh you didn’t know?!” Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Speaking of promos, yesterday was the 25th anniversary of the promo that changed the course of the WWF and wrestling both. Can you believe it's been 25 years?? I was 9 years old.

back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Speaking of promos, yesterday was the 25th anniversary of the promo that changed the course of the WWF and wrestling both. Can you believe it's been 25 years?? I was 9 years old.

That was probably the year before I started watching. Had never known why people had Austin 3:16 signs.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    My early years of watching:
    Ric Flair
    Dusty Rhodes
    Jake the Snake

Attitude Era time frame:
    The Rock
    Stone Cold
    DX

Ruthless Aggression up to PG era:
    John Cena
    CM Punk

Currently:
    Aliestar Black
    Becky Lynch
    Bray Wyatt
    The New Day
    Paul Hayman

I'm sure there are others I enjoy(ed) listening to but those are the ones that come straight to mind for me.

Absolutely has to be Rowdy Roddy Piper!

Quote Originally Posted by 2bynight View Post
    Absolutely has to be Rowdy Roddy Piper!
    I'm ashamed to say I completely forgot about Roddy

Blog Entries

If anyone is still wondering why WWE is ass

back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Whoa, that seems like a quick way to get fired from your position quickly...

Quote Originally Posted by cjandrze View Post
    Whoa, that seems like a quick way to get fired from your position quickly...
    She has been released. Lol

More releases happening

Ariya Daivari
    Tony Nese
    Fandango
    Ever-Rise
    Kenice Mobley (female writer from above)
    Tyler Breeze

Last edited by nickh0801; 06-25-2021 at 04:09 PM.