Page 40 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrasslin'

Re: Wrasslin'

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I don't know that relationship but I do agree, I don't think he wants to or needs to wrestle anymore. It's mostly just me wishing lol.

I saw on Twitter that Lesnar's merch got pulled from WWE Shop. The same thing happened with Sting's stuff before he joined AEW. Could be something, could be nothing, though I still don't see what Lesnar does in AEW so it doesn't excite me like Punk would.
    Lesnar had most of his stuff removed last summer, IIRC. That was a bogus rumor.

In fact...

https://shop.wwe.com/home-asset-cont...ar-shorts.html

He still has some things there.
    AEW doesn't frankly need more talent, given they only do 2 hours of TV a week. Make better use of the myriad of guys you have. They need to groom their next generation. They won't be able to make a living off of ex- WWE names long term without some sort of NXT of their own.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

First mystery signing is Ethan Page in the ladder match.

Blog Entries

The second is indeed Christian.

Blog Entries

The Sting match looks like it is a cinematic match.

Blog Entries

The end of the PPV is going to challenge Shockmaster's debut as one of the biggest screw ups in wrestling history. It has to be seen to be believed lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    The end of the PPV is going to challenge Shockmaster's debut as one of the biggest screw ups in wrestling history. It has to be seen to be believed lol
    Which is too bad for them. A good PPV, that ended on an all-time, Fred Ottman-like note. I love Christian, but somehow the reveal seemed underwhelming. The real surprise was appearing in the Rumble, so that kind of stole its impact, at least to me.

Will be interesting to see if between Shaq and the PPV whether AEW can break and consistently maintain 1 million+ viewers.

As always, the Young Bucks are absolute garbage!! They can't wrestle worth 3 shits. More of the same kick kick kick kick no sell anything from Matt, kick kick kick, no sell anything. I will be glad when they are no longer in the wrestling business!!!

Decent match between Hangman and Matt Hardy. Didn't like the run in finish but it's expected since it happens in pretty much every single match in AEW.

Ladder match was meh and of course they gotta keep taking shots at WWE every chance they get to make themselves feel like they are on the same level. They aren't. Not even close. The brass ring should have been even bigger. *insert eye roll*

Good for Christian. Glad he was able to come back and continue to wrestle. Gives more hope that the same can happen for Paige. However, I wouldn't call Christian and huge huge signing that will turn the landscape of AEW. He is a top mid carder at best, but that's the majority of AEW's roster so...

Good to see Sting can still produce a wrestling match. The pretaped cinematic match is exactly what he wanted with WWE, but honestly having one with anyone not named Undertaker there wouldn't have been worth it. He's better suited being in AEW doing those matches. I guess the only other option in WWE would be Fiend, but that entire storyline wouldn't make any sense and they couldn't really build the match.

Omega and Mox are also over rated garbage so that shitshow of an explosive match is exactly what they needed. It was absolutely perfect!!! Lol

I'm sticking to NXT and Smackdown. No more chances for Total Nonstop TnAeWcw.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

It looks like Randy Orton is the secret inside agent for AEW sending them WWE guys...

I retract my previous comment where I said I would watch every single episode of AEW if Punk signed. Not even he could save this shitfest of a wrestling company.

I really really wanted them to be a legit competitor to WWE. Smh.

Bring on the next attempting promotion....

They want everyone to forget and act like it never happened, or at least trying to kill the further spread of the embarrassment that they are. L M A O!!

https://www.theringsideroster.com/po...ing-fan-videos

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Don Frye's Moustache View Post
    Which is too bad for them. A good PPV, that ended on an all-time, Fred Ottman-like note. I love Christian, but somehow the reveal seemed underwhelming. The real surprise was appearing in the Rumble, so that kind of stole its impact, at least to me.

Will be interesting to see if between Shaq and the PPV whether AEW can break and consistently maintain 1 million+ viewers.

I think they will average 1.3M or so when NXT goes to Tuesday. You've got 1.5-1.6M people watching wrestling between the two, I don't expect all the NXT viewers to go to AEW but I think a chunk will.

I won't say I was underwhelmed with Christian, just because he along with Edge, the Hardy's, and Dudley's were some of my favorite acts of the late 90s, but I was with Ethan Page. Hardly a huge star, not that they were necessarily promoting him as one.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    As always, the Young Bucks are absolute garbage!! They can't wrestle worth 3 shits. More of the same kick kick kick kick no sell anything from Matt, kick kick kick, no sell anything. I will be glad when they are no longer in the wrestling business!!!

Decent match between Hangman and Matt Hardy. Didn't like the run in finish but it's expected since it happens in pretty much every single match in AEW.

Ladder match was meh and of course they gotta keep taking shots at WWE every chance they get to make themselves feel like they are on the same level. They aren't. Not even close. The brass ring should have been even bigger. *insert eye roll*

Good for Christian. Glad he was able to come back and continue to wrestle. Gives more hope that the same can happen for Paige. However, I wouldn't call Christian and huge huge signing that will turn the landscape of AEW. He is a top mid carder at best, but that's the majority of AEW's roster so...

Good to see Sting can still produce a wrestling match. The pretaped cinematic match is exactly what he wanted with WWE, but honestly having one with anyone not named Undertaker there wouldn't have been worth it. He's better suited being in AEW doing those matches. I guess the only other option in WWE would be Fiend, but that entire storyline wouldn't make any sense and they couldn't really build the match.

Omega and Mox are also over rated garbage so that shitshow of an explosive match is exactly what they needed. It was absolutely perfect!!! Lol

I'm sticking to NXT and Smackdown. No more chances for Total Nonstop TnAeWcw.

The ladder match was very underwhelming. It should have been a lot better with who was in it but yeah it was pretty meh.

I liked the Mox Omega match outside of the dumb ending but I'm a mark for spotfest and hardcore matches. Why they didn't tell Remsburg or the doctor to have Kingston audible out of pretending to literally be dead I don't know. You can't have him acting like he was fucking dead and then clown around like the mild explosion was planned lol. Even in the videos where Moxley is talking post match it looks like Kingston is still selling it for some reason. I was very much reminded of the worst of WCW with that, just needed Hogan and Nash somewhere laughing their asses off.

Rest of the show ranged from below average to good for me. The Sting match was the highlight of the whole show and extremely well done in every aspect outside of having commentary over it, but I prolly would have been pissed if I was in attendance expecting to see a Sting match and it's a pre-tape cinematic match. I think they should make clear in the future if a match isn't going to be live. I didn't care for the women's match, Ryo is just a little too weird for me (although oddly enough I love Maki Itoh), time to take the belt off Shida and put it on Britt or Rosa. The tag team royal rumble was fun but exposed how many job tag teams they have. God willing the Miro/Kip alliance is ending and the feud with Chuck and Cassidy is over...

I was amazed at how much Colten Gunn looks exactly like his dad did when he was younger. I mean splitting image really, with the facials and hairstyle and body type. Truly could have passed for late 90's Billy Gunn.

I'm probably not going to buy any more of their PPVs, not because I wasn't overall entertained but I just don't think the value is there for $50. Maybe I'll change my mind when crowds are back.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52