Page 33 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrasslin'

Re: Wrasslin'

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    18 years since he's been on TNT made me feel absolutely old as fuck.
    Indeed, but hearing Schiavone say "It's Stiiiinng!!" just felt right. :)

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    Indeed, but hearing Schiavone say "It's Stiiiinng!!" just felt right. :)

Absolutely. It's one of the best, maybe the best, AEW moment in their existence.

On that note I really have enjoyed having Schiavone back on TV. Can go either way on Excalibur, JR kind of sucks at this point, but Tony has been great. Comes across as genuine in all his reactions and comments and it's really different from the overproduced WWE commentary of the past 10-15 years.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

This is exactly what I said needed to happen for them to be legit contenders against WWE's main products. It benefits all 3 companies as long as they all work together to help put the others over when needed.

I enjoyed NWA but Impact is hot garbage that shouldn't be on TV so this will definitely benefit them because they have some legit stars on the roster. The writing and execution there is the shits though.

I'm excited to see how this pans out and hope they don't screw it up. I want WWE to have legit competition where they are forced to make much needed changes. I haven't watched WWE's main shows since their last draft and only watch parts of NXT. WWE needs to be #2 again for their own good as well.

I don't really even know a single Impact guy right now outside of Gallows and Anderson. I stopped watching TNA/Impact consistently like 10 years ago after Hogan and Bischoff came in and ruined everything they had built. Always thought TNA from about 2005 until they brought in Hogan was really good stuff overall. I guess I'll watch on Tuesday to see how this plays out.

Looking at their roster I do see a few names I know. I used to like Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin as Motor City Machineguns back in the day. Always liked Eric Young, Hernandez, and James Storm. I dunno how Ken Shamrock is even still alive, let alone walking, between the MMA stuff and getting beaned in the head with unprotected chair shots lol. I guess I'll tune in. If I remember right this Suicide character was Frankie Kazarian originally.

The people AEW has brought in from NWA have been really good i.e. Starks and Rosa, I'd like to see more people from there.

RAW has been absolutely horrible, but I've honestly enjoyed Smackdown since Roman came back. It's a good storyline, along with completely changing the trajectory of Roman's career they've really elevated Jey Uso and made him a star which is something I didn't think they were capable of doing. We're getting Roman vs. KO and Roman vs. Daniel Bryan in the coming months, decent stuff there.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

There's these Twitch channels that run WWF/WCW PPVs and TV nonstop until they are shut down, was watching one last night showing WrestleMania 15. A more or less forgettable show, but found it funny you had HHH vs. Kane, where Chyna had recently joined the Corporation but came out during this match and re-joined DX by turning on Kane, then two matches later you had Shane vs. X-Pac, where HHH and Chyna came out and re-joined the Corporation by turning on X-Pac. Lol. Booking was wild. Undertaker's Ministry of Darkness music was a banger. Sable looked so good in this time period but man did she suck at everything else lol.
    back on twitter

Blog Entries

They just had Bayley tap out to Natalya on SmackDown, so I take back everything good I said about it.

Blog Entries

I may have legitimately shed a tear during Sting and Schiavone's moment tonight. I don't care what they do with Sting from here, that was so awesome.

Blog Entries

AEW was #2 on all of television Wednesday.

Still too much weird booking for my liking, especially when it comes to the non-existent face/heel dynamic, but at least they stopped putting Janela on TV.
    back on twitter

Blog Entries

RAW with an all time low rating on Monday, beat by AEW in "the demo" (Jericho voice) in all 3 hours. I don't watch RAW, so I can't really comment on the reasons, but I can't think of a single performer on the show outside of Bray and Alexa that I have any interest in at all. I like Drew but I mean...he doesn't scream star, can't miss TV to me.

Wonder who Vince is going to throw money at to fix this instead of fixing creative. Goldberg? Undertaker just a couple weeks after his retirement? Cena? Sending a blank check to CM Punk? Bringing Brock Lesnar back?
    back on twitter

but at least they stopped putting Janela on TV.
    You jinxed it. Lol

RAW with an all time low rating on Monday, beat by AEW in "the demo" (Jericho voice) in all 3 hours. I don't watch RAW, so I can't really comment on the reasons, but I can't think of a single performer on the show outside of Bray and Alexa that I have any interest in at all. I like Drew but I mean...he doesn't scream star, can't miss TV to me.

Wonder who Vince is going to throw money at to fix this instead of fixing creative. Goldberg? Undertaker just a couple weeks after his retirement? Cena? Sending a blank check to CM Punk? Bringing Brock Lesnar back?
    To be fair to RAW, as horrible as it is, it was going up against the Ravens and Browns game as well as Joe Biden speaking....

AEW is on WED with no other competition for the most part except NXT and thats not saying much.

Blog Entries

You jinxed it. Lol

Yeah, lmao. Janela, Big Swole, and a 12 man tag. Cornette is going to be good this week. At least the Janela match was more or less a squash.

I had no idea Don Callis was the Jackal from mid 90s WWF.

AEW has way too many tag team matches. 4 on a 2 hr show...and FTR (best in the biz) and the Bucks (kayfabe best in company) aren't in any of them?
    back on twitter

Blog Entries

Ha, I called it. Raw is going to have "Legends Night" in two weeks.