Page 32 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrasslin'

Blog Entries

Re: Wrasslin'

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    Thanks guys!

I think this is an excellent read.
    https://www.edge.org/response-detail/11783
    If you want some real life examples of how serious it was taken in the past look up the Jim Duggan/Iron Sheik incident or watch the Dark Side of the Ring episode about David Schultz.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Best wrestling show on TV tonight.

Roman finally the star they've been wanting him to be.

Sasha. Bayley. Bianca.

This weird Rey Mysterio family/Seth/Murphy storyline that I think is actually going to have a nice payoff.

Kevin Owens, Daniel Bryan.

Love SmackDown right now. Well, other than Otis and Lars Sullivan - seriously, watch the sit downs with Lars Sullivan the past two weeks...legitimately two of the worst promos I've seen in my 30+ years of watching wrestling.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Thunder Rosa v. Serena Deeb match from Dynamite tonight for the NWA Title was excellent. They wrestled on Dynamite once before and it was the best women's match the company put out, this was probably second best. Sad that the best women's matches they put out rarely involve any of their "homegrown" talent.

Really good show from the midpoint on.

The Inner Circle in Las Vegas segments...were the worst thing AEW has ever done. Not funny at all, cringey...they are ruining MJF.

Blog Entries

Mens SS match was horrible. One of the worst of all time.

Street Profits vs. New Day was great.

Sami vs. Lashley was a nothing match, Sami made it entertaining.

I love Sasha and Asuka and this match has been good so far. Prolly tuning to football after this.

Blog Entries

I held it together pretty good during the Undertaker farewell last night - he is my all time favorite wrestler - until this:

Yes...I had tears.
    back on twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I held it together pretty good during the Undertaker farewell last night - he is my all time favorite wrestler - until this:

Yes...I had tears.
    Iconic. Glad they incorporated Paul Bearer like that. Legendary career. Wont see another like it. The man continually reinvented himself within the framework of that character and continued to protect the integrity of the character for 30 years. Unheard of

Blog Entries

Pat Patterson passed away today. 1/2 of the legendary Stooges from the Attitude Era, although his contributions and significance to wrestling go far beyond that. One of those guys that you absolutely hated if you watched WWF in the late 90's. Part of my favorite WWF moment and JR call of all time (I was in attendance for this show, I have never heard a louder crowd at anything I've ever been to, that crowd went absolutely bananas when his music hit, myself included) -

THE RATTLESNAKE IS BACK...AUSTIN WITH A CHAIR TO THE CHAMPION...PATTERSON...BRISCO...STONE COLD...DOWN GOES SHANE...DOWN GOES VINCE...STONE COLD...WITH A STEEL CHAIR...HAS OPENED A CAN OF WHOOP ASS...AUSTIN AUSTIN AUSTIN!!!!

The good old days of wrestling. What a time to have lived through and been a fan of the company.
    back on twitter

Blog Entries

Sting just showed up on AEW. Massive pop from the limited crowd which was cool. Hope he doesn't wrestle but really cool to see him again.

Blog Entries

Kenny Omega is the new AEW Champion. Interesting post match angle with Don Callis rushing Kenny out to an SUV and saying you'll find out what happened next Tuesday on IMPACT. Sounds like some kind of invasion or at least cross promotion angle. Pretty cool to see AEW, Impact, and NWA all working together.

Sting just showed up on AEW. Massive pop from the limited crowd which was cool. Hope he doesn't wrestle but really cool to see him again.
    Yeah, I will always watch when Sting is involved. My all time favorite.

There isn't a single wrestler in that company I want to see him have a match with. Hopefully he just signed on to help mentor and make appearances. If he feels like he can still go and has been cleared by non WWE doctors then that's fine, but like I said, there isn't a single wrestler on their roster that would get me to buy their PPV for a match with him.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Kenny Omega is the new AEW Champion. Interesting post match angle with Don Callis rushing Kenny out to an SUV and saying you'll find out what happened next Tuesday on IMPACT. Sounds like some kind of invasion or at least cross promotion angle. Pretty cool to see AEW, Impact, and NWA all working together.
    This is exactly what I said needed to happen for them to be legit contenders against WWE's main products. It benefits all 3 companies as long as they all work together to help put the others over when needed.

I enjoyed NWA but Impact is hot garbage that shouldn't be on TV so this will definitely benefit them because they have some legit stars on the roster. The writing and execution there is the shits though.

I'm excited to see how this pans out and hope they don't screw it up. I want WWE to have legit competition where they are forced to make much needed changes. I haven't watched WWE's main shows since their last draft and only watch parts of NXT. WWE needs to be #2 again for their own good as well.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    Yeah, I will always watch when Sting is involved. My all time favorite.

There isn't a single wrestler in that company I want to see him have a match with. Hopefully he just signed on to help mentor and make appearances. If he feels like he can still go and has been cleared by non WWE doctors then that's fine, but like I said, there isn't a single wrestler on their roster that would get me to buy their PPV for a match with him.

Agree, on the one hand I'd like to see him have a real retirement match, but I don't know who that is with outside of Cody. I don't know that I think anyone else in the company is safe enough to work with someone of his age and given the recent neck injury he had. Too many guys who are still green and learning or already set in their unsafe ways. Maybe he'll be the on screen authority figure they've needed.

At least they presented him as a big deal and Schiavone and JR really sold the moment too. Even Excalibur shut up until the break when he said something like usually not at a loss for words but I was speechless. 18 years since he's been on TNT made me feel absolutely old as fuck.
    back on twitter