Page 69 of 101 FirstFirst ... 6768697071 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrasslin'

Re: Wrasslin'

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    I saw Wrasslin and Don Frye and had to come on and say I saw a clip of Joe Rogan talking to the real Don Frye today. Youtube then auto-played an interview about Frye's famous fight with that Japanese fighter where they stood toe to toe punching each other in the face... Ha ha. I still will watch that from time to time as it's probably the best exchange in all of MMA of all time STILL. Great interview where you can see why he is loved in Japan as he gives a great deal of respect to his adversary Yoshihiro Takayama.
    Nothing lifts my spirits more than throwing in one of my Pride DVD and watching Frye and Takayama beat the snot out of each other. That first 90 second exchange is perhaps the best MMA flurry ever. Too bad Takayama is paralyzed from a botched DDT. Dude was awesome.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Raw did 1.6M against MNF, with serious hotshotting. Going to be interesting to see if the Big E win draws interest for next week or not.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Former Raven Bronson Rechsteiner made his debut on NXT last night. Was actually the first match. I didn't watch after I saw what they named him. Rumor was it was going to be Rex Steiner, which, okay, it's a little on the nose but it's fine. Instead he's "Bron Breakker". Fucking Vince McMahon lmao.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Former Raven Bronson Rechsteiner made his debut on NXT last night. Was actually the first match. I didn't watch after I saw what they named him. Rumor was it was going to be Rex Steiner, which, okay, it's a little on the nose but it's fine. Instead he's "Bron Breakker". Fucking Vince McMahon lmao.
    Yeah, they're going to dump that name the same way they dumped the Viking experience. Who the heck thought Bron breaker was a good name?

But but either way, the dude looked pretty beastly for a first match.. Hes clearly got his father and Uncle's genetics it looks like he could be the real deal very quickly.

Overall, it was a welcome change of pace and freshening up of NXT. They need to do that to remain relevant with the other major promotions.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Plane Ride from Hell episode sure has everyone talking about Ric Flair. A bunch of AEW hard-core fans are demanding Tony K. not bring Flair in now. Tommy Dreamer catching a lot of flack from what he had said in defending Flair on the episode. I haven't watched it yet but have heard the stories over the years, but they were all played off as "the boys being boys" and not told from the other side as what Dark Side of the Ring gives.

Gonna try to watch it at some point over the weekend.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

And now Tommy Dreamer will not be at this weekends Impact tapings due to his comments that aired on the Dark Side of the Ring episode. Cancel Culture acting quickly on that. Gotta assume Ric won't be showing up in AEW anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Thats good shit pal!

Lmao why they let him go to the ring with that bull shit name I'll never understand. Are thet trying to bury the kid before his career even begins. The answer is you market the Steiner name, its a no brainer. Everyone remembers the steiners and if not, people know of his Uncle Scott because he was absurd.

If this kid is half as ridiculous on the Mic as Scott he'll be fantastic but he's Rick's kid so he may not have Scott's charisma.

Big poppa pumps got your hookup, holla if you hear me

Watching smackdown and Becky Lynch looks hot AF. She looks a lot different than she did before.

As good as she looks I'm concerned that abandoning "The Man" gimmick may hurt her overness. We'll see but she's never looked better

Went to RAW live this past Monday. It was a good show. Haven't went back to watch the show to see if they piped in any crowd noise yet. Crowd was mostly loud all night but there were several points where it was super quiet.

The format has changed since the last live televised show I went to. Before, they would announce both contentenders before going to commercial break. Now it seems they introduce the 1st one, go to commercial (turn down the house lights and do some things with the fans, flash the lights to signal about to come back from break, bring back up house lights, then resume playing 1st entrance song) then announce the next contender.

A couple of matches had 1st competitor announced, commercial break, come back live to announce 2nd competitor, then back to commercial break. It totally explains why Roman Reigns is just getting to the ring after coming back from commercial or why it looks like the 1st competitor's music is still playing when coming back.

They had a production error this past week as well. After Bliss' entrance, they cut to commercial to then set up the ring for Alexa's Playground. Back from commercial Bliss is in the ring on the swing and Charlotte makes her entrance. They have their segment then another commercial break where they were supposed clear the ring of the playground stuff for the next match. Well, back from break and Jeff Hardy's music hits and he comes to the ring and it's still set up for Alexa's Playground. Sooooo, back to a commercial break so they can clear the ring and Hardy gets in, his music resumes and back from commercial and he does his in ring stuff before Sheamus is announced. Lol

Gonna go back and watch that for sure to see how it played off on TV.

I wonder if they started to do the commercial breaks that way to give more in ring time on TV vs taking them more during matches. At the live show you don't really know when they take a commercial break during a match because they don't stop wrestling (like they were doing during the non crowd pandemic days) There were several feeds that kept the cameras rolling with live feeds after they went to commercial and it showed the talent stop wrestling and waiting for their sign to get ready. Lol. Learning process of trying times I suppose.

Night 1 of AEW's free PPV pretty much. Still Dynamite and Rampage but with PPV caliber matches. Bryan Danielson vs Omega started slow but once it got going it was excellent! I FINALLY enjoyed an Omega match!! Lol

Blog Entries

I really liked the Bryan vs. Omega match but that's no surprise, it was excellent and while I'm not a huge fan of the time limit draw finish, I expected it, I didn't think either of these guys was going to go over the other last night. Bryan looked great and even as an Omega fan - this was by far the best he's looked in singles work in AEW (also no surprise given how great Bryan is). I look forward to the rematch.

Overall last night was an excellent show that lived up to the hype for me, avoided most of the silly stuff we usually see from them, and was presented in a serious fashion, with actual wrestling matches and not gymnastics exhibitions (although I am a mark for those as well, last night's presentation was smart to avoid them). Another great night for AEW and fans of professional WRESTLING. And we get 2 more hours on Friday :)
    Last edited by Bhcforlife; 09-23-2021 at 09:25 AM.
    back on twitter

I haven't noticed discussion about it here but has anyone watched the current season of Dark Side of the Ring?

I started with the plane ride from hell when it aired now I'm going back and watching the other episodes on Hulu.

Warrior episode was weak.

Pillman 2 part episode was good. Made me have a lot of respect for Brian Jr.

Grizzly Smith episode was so disturbing. Kudos to Jake for being where he's at today.

Dynamite Kid... His fight with Jaques Ruggeau was very interesting and Jacques' commentary on it was really neat. Jacques does not come across as a tough guy and admits he was scared pf Dynamite but he knew he had to get revenge to save his rep so he hit him with a roll of quarters and knocked his teeth out. Best part is that afterward Jacques went to Dino Bravo and implied that he had a mafia guy that would take care of things if anything ever happened to him because he knew it would get back to Dynamite. Jacques says it was fake. Well fucking Dynamite moved his family because of it. Jacques never had to worry about Dynamite exacting revenge. Wow

Dark side of the ring is so good