Page 77 of 101 FirstFirst ... 7576777879 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrasslin'

Blog Entries

Re: Wrasslin'

AEW has absolutely killed Adam Cole. Maybe this is what he wanted, to take Tony's money, hang out with his friends, play video games, and occasionally wrestle? Why are you having him wrestle Orange Cassidy, why are you having Orange Cassidy go over him, even in a match like the one tonight? The fuck?

DANHAUSEN!!!
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    AEW has absolutely killed Adam Cole. Maybe this is what he wanted, to take Tony's money, hang out with his friends, play video games, and occasionally wrestle? Why are you having him wrestle Orange Cassidy, why are you having Orange Cassidy go over him, even in a match like the one tonight? The fuck?

DANHAUSEN!!!
    Why even have OC on TV? He had one of the absolute worst wrestling gimmicks I've ever seen, and I was a fan of Spellbinder back in the day. Lol. I am done watching this shit until OC is gone. Period. I will watch House of Black stuff online but ad far as going to or watching AEW live, I am done after that crap last night. Cole couldn't even wiggle out of a half ass hug and lost. Smh.

All these people claiming that Cole is still undefeated because the loss doesn't count due to it being and unsanctioned match are full of shit! The last thing you saw from Adam Cole was losing to OC on National television because he couldn't break out of a damn lame ass hug!! His record and prior matches/wins are now pointless because of that and I don't care to see him anymore either. That one match has ruined it for me. Just when I was really giving AEW a chance and enjoying it (mainly because of all the former WWE stars they signed) OC beats Adam Cole on National television. Smh

I. Am. Done with it.

I also don't understand all the Danhausen hype.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    Why even have OC on TV? He had one of the absolute worst wrestling gimmicks I've ever seen, and I was a fan of Spellbinder back in the day. Lol. I am done watching this shit until OC is gone. Period. I will watch House of Black stuff online but ad far as going to or watching AEW live, I am done after that crap last night. Cole couldn't even wiggle out of a half ass hug and lost. Smh.

All these people claiming that Cole is still undefeated because the loss doesn't count due to it being and unsanctioned match are full of shit! The last thing you saw from Adam Cole was losing to OC on National television because he couldn't break out of a damn lame ass hug!! His record and prior matches/wins are now pointless because of that and I don't care to see him anymore either. That one match has ruined it for me. Just when I was really giving AEW a chance and enjoying it (mainly because of all the former WWE stars they signed) OC beats Adam Cole on National television. Smh

I. Am. Done with it.

I also don't understand all the Danhausen hype.

I've never watched Danhausen wrestle. I've just watched his YouTube stuff which I find amusing. A recent one with Billy Gunn's sons (Ass Boys, as he calls them) was really funny to me. I've also seen some ROH promo type stuff but never anything in the ring. I'm guessing considering the gimmick he's just another comedy indie guy in the ring, but the gimmick I like. My wife on the other hand doesn't like it at all, thinks he's annoying.

As far as Cole, I agree with everything you said. I was really excited for him to come in but his booking has been terrible. "Lights Out" or not, he was pinned by a comedy wrestler. And you know, Brian Last has been saying this in recent weeks on the podcast, I'm not even going to say negative things about OC or put this on him, at least he's in shape! He's also not the one booking this shit anyway. Cole looks terrible now. He looks like some guy you'd walk past on the street and not give a second look to. I can't believe they botched him to this degree but maybe I should have expected it when they debuted him and immediately debut a significantly bigger star right after...
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

I've never watched Danhausen wrestle. I've just watched his YouTube stuff which I find amusing. A recent one with Billy Gunn's sons (Ass Boys, as he calls them) was really funny to me. I've also seen some ROH promo type stuff but never anything in the ring. I'm guessing considering the gimmick he's just another comedy indie guy in the ring, but the gimmick I like. My wife on the other hand doesn't like it at all, thinks he's annoying.

As far as Cole, I agree with everything you said. I was really excited for him to come in but his booking has been terrible. "Lights Out" or not, he was pinned by a comedy wrestler. And you know, Brian Last has been saying this in recent weeks on the podcast, I'm not even going to say negative things about OC or put this on him, at least he's in shape! He's also not the one booking this shit anyway. Cole looks terrible now. He looks like some guy you'd walk past on the street and not give a second look to. I can't believe they botched him to this degree but maybe I should have expected it when they debuted him and immediately debut a significantly bigger star right after...
    I never saw Cole in WWE so really don't know what the big deal is with him. Never watched NXT if that is where he is from. I do enjoy the OC gimmick and actually root for the guy.

The ladder match between Cody and Sammy had some pretty crazy high flying moves. Those guys had to of hurt themselves during the manuevers.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 2bynight View Post
    I never saw Cole in WWE so really don't know what the big deal is with him. Never watched NXT if that is where he is from. I do enjoy the OC gimmick and actually root for the guy.

The ladder match between Cody and Sammy had some pretty crazy high flying moves. Those guys had to of hurt themselves during the manuevers.
    I honestly don't have anything against Orange Cassidy. I have one of his t-shirts. I get the POV from like Cornette, who thinks the gimmick exposes the business and is just stupid, but comedy has always been part of wrestling, at least since I've been watching it, and kayfabe has been dead for years. The only problem for me is when he's presented further up the card. I don't think he should be in main events/no DQ matches, I don't think he should be involved with main event guys. Although, clearly at this point Cole is not a main event guy in AEW, he's closer to Cassidy than he is Hangman or Danielson.
    back on twitter

Blog Entries

This was the video that got me into Danhausen

back on twitter

I watched Royal Rumble last night and it was the first WWE event I have watched probably since Wrestlemania. Now I do read up on the storylines and watch clips from Raw and SD so I stay current so I wasn't lost.

Man it was bad. Just a freaking bad event all around. Lesnar and Lashley which is supposed to be a dream match that people have been screaming for since Lashley returned a few years ago and that is what we get? Lashley looked weak as shit and the entire match was german suplexes.

I have liked the new face Brock with more personality quite a bit and I know they wanted Brock v Roman a month ago but Roman got sick so they took the title off of Big E then they shoe horn this Lesnar and Lashley match which should be a long term feud not a one off. Then Roman's interference which was so predictable. And ultimately Brock entering and winning the rumble again so predictable.

It isn't necessary to have Brock with the Rumble to face Roman.

The rumble itself was so bad that I won't even get into it. Two things: Johnny Knoxville? Bad Bunny booked that way?

This product straight up sucks ass and I likely will not tune in for wrestlemania. So disappointed

Blog Entries

I watched it too. I haven't paid any attention to WWE for a few months, didn't bother looking anything up coming in.

Women's rumble was the usual botchfest but at the same time I didn't hate it outside of the winner. Mickie and Lita aging like a fine wine. I just have no interest in Ronda Rousey but the people there were into her. I didn't find this offensively bad or boring at least which is more than I can say for the men's one.

Men's match seemed like one of the worst in recent memory. There were no legend/debut guys in this outside of Shane McMahon who shouldn't have even been in the match. That's a killer as seeing the random old guys they pull out or debuting a new talent is always one of the fun parts of the Rumble and it had none of that. As per usual in recent Rumbles, guys fans were into got unceremoniously tossed by guys the fans are either hit and miss on wanting to see (like Lesnar eliminating Orton like he was nothing, Orton getting one of the biggest pops of the show coming out imo) or just don't care about at all (like Madcap Moss eliminating AJ Styles).

Neither match had any surprise to the outcome which is usually one of the best parts. The Brock ending was telegraphed from the earlier match & you knew Ronda was winning as soon as her music hit.

back on twitter

I watched it too. I haven't paid any attention to WWE for a few months, didn't bother looking anything up coming in.

Women's rumble was the usual botchfest but at the same time I didn't hate it outside of the winner. Mickie and Lita aging like a fine wine. I just have no interest in Ronda Rousey but the people there were into her. I didn't find this offensively bad or boring at least which is more than I can say for the men's one.

Men's match seemed like one of the worst in recent memory. There were no legend/debut guys in this outside of Shane McMahon who shouldn't have even been in the match. That's a killer as seeing the random old guys they pull out or debuting a new talent is always one of the fun parts of the Rumble and it had none of that. As per usual in recent Rumbles, guys fans were into got unceremoniously tossed by guys the fans are either hit and miss on wanting to see (like Lesnar eliminating Orton like he was nothing, Orton getting one of the biggest pops of the show coming out imo) or just don't care about at all (like Madcap Moss eliminating AJ Styles).

Neither match had any surprise to the outcome which is usually one of the best parts. The Brock ending was telegraphed from the earlier match & you knew Ronda was winning as soon as her music hit.

Exactly. I did enjoy the women's rumble better than the men's. But again predictable once Rhonda showed up. Ladies like Ripley who are over were tossed out to no fanfare. At least have Ripley last until the final 4. Yeah Mickie was great. I thought Lita's work in the rumble when she didn't think the camera was on her was weak.

Men's rumble was awful. Big E being tossed out like he wasn't champion just a month ago was absurd. Orton got one of the biggest pops of the night and he gets destroyed by Lesnar and tossed out as soon as Lesnar enters. So WWE you are telling me that Orton isn't on Lesnar's level? GTFOH. Crowd reigned down boos when Orton was tossed too. AJ should have lasted until the final 4 or final 2 imo. So the last two you have Drew and Brock and Brock throws him out immediately, wtf. What ever happened to an epic battle between the last 2 competitors? Why do we now always have boom its the last 2 and someone gets thrown out immediately? At least give us 5 minutes of a battle with the last 2.

Too many jobbers in the rumble. Even though I knew what the outcome was gonna be before Brock even showed up there were really only a small few who could possibly win. AJ, Orton, Drew, and Big E. That's it. WWE has no stars outside of people who were there in 2002 and its pathetic.

No surprises at all in the match. At least let Bron Breaker enter and do a little something with him to get him over more.

If I were in that audience I'd be pissed

Blog Entries

Rumor I've read from one of the dirt sheets (not Meltzer) is that Riddle was originally supposed to win, then SHANE MCMAHON, then Randy Orton, but Orton declined because he wanted Riddle to win it, but then apparently Lesnar doesn't like Riddle so Lesnar is the one that got the plans for Riddle winning changed. And at that point, I guess they decided on Lesnar.

If true that Riddle was supposed to win that's a letdown. That's a guy that most people like from the mainstream WWE audience through to the more hardcore fan. They never take any chances anymore.
    back on twitter

Rumor I've read from one of the dirt sheets (not Meltzer) is that Riddle was originally supposed to win, then SHANE MCMAHON, then Randy Orton, but Orton declined because he wanted Riddle to win it, but then apparently Lesnar doesn't like Riddle so Lesnar is the one that got the plans for Riddle winning changed. And at that point, I guess they decided on Lesnar.

If true that Riddle was supposed to win that's a letdown. That's a guy that most people like from the mainstream WWE audience through to the more hardcore fan. They never take any chances anymore.
    Per SRS @Fightful.

News On Rumors Riddle Was Supposed to win Royal Rumble

As far as PWInsider's report that Riddle was set to win the Royal Rumble until a last minute change, top talent and longtime names in the company claim that isn't true, with multiple noting that they've been hearing that Brock Lesnar has been penciled in to be the winner at least two weeks prior. People close to Riddle say that he was never told that he'd be winning the match, and another person wouldn't reveal who a previously discussed winner was, but said only one was heard about before Lesnar, and it wasn't Riddle.
    We'll have a lot more on the Royal Rumble this afternoon.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    Per SRS @Fightful.

News On Rumors Riddle Was Supposed to win Royal Rumble

As far as PWInsider's report that Riddle was set to win the Royal Rumble until a last minute change, top talent and longtime names in the company claim that isn't true, with multiple noting that they've been hearing that Brock Lesnar has been penciled in to be the winner at least two weeks prior. People close to Riddle say that he was never told that he'd be winning the match, and another person wouldn't reveal who a previously discussed winner was, but said only one was heard about before Lesnar, and it wasn't Riddle.
    We'll have a lot more on the Royal Rumble this afternoon.

I tend to believe SRS more than the others outside of Meltzer. Interesting. I wonder if all the stuff about there being a ton of heat on Shane who supposedly produced the Rumble is true or not. Now I'm thinking that WWE is trying to pin blame on someone because everyone hated the RR and the outcome.
    back on twitter