Page 56 of 69 FirstFirst ... 5455565758 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrasslin'

1. Re: Wrasslin'

Was never really a Punk fan but I'm intrigued by his signing and it may bring me back to AEW. God knows I'm just about done with WWE

Blog Entries

Re: Wrasslin'

I think that's what they are going for to. Even if you aren't a fan of Punk, AEW signing him (and Bryan as well) gives them a lot of viability or maybe validity is the word I'm going for as a major US promotion. Punk isn't just a star he's arguably a bigger star than anyone in WWE outside of part time guys like Lesnar and Cena. A non-WWE company hasn't been able to claim that since the mid 90s.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the manís preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I would say watch the CM Punk "pipebomb" promo on YouTube and then MITB2011 match with John Cena. There's a lot more to it but that would give you some idea. You could probably find a YouTube video with an overview of it all.

Assuming this actually happens it's a real game changer. The crowd is going to lose their minds if and when he shows up at All Out. I really hope they are brainstorming their post-All Out shows right now and planning to leave the dumb shit they do out of these shows, they need to make sure the casual fans tuning in for the first time on the Dynamite after that (and there will be many) are hooked.

On Daniel Bryan I wonder if they are going to try and find a way to keep the crowd from doing the Yes thing or if they'll just go with it. Lol.
    I watched the pipebomb promo. Interesting. It feels like it had to be scripted and approved by VM himself for him to get a live mic like that. He did break walls, just wondering whether that was intended for his character. I can see how he was popular though.

If Daniel Bryan does go to AEW (as Bryan Danielson) people will absolutely be chanting Yes.

Blog Entries

Tried watching Raw the other night. I made it until they...and they actually booked this out of the 9:00 hour...a match between Eva Marie and some nondescript chubby white girl against the two least over female performers on the show in Natalya and Tamina. I said nope, life is too short. Lol. Apparently Natalya got hurt so maybe that ends the whole Tamina/Natalya thing. Hope she is okay but please get the fuck off my TV.

I also think putting Nikki Cross out there with Rhea and Charlotte was a terrible decision that made her look like a joke (maybe that's the point)...she's like a foot shorter than them and looks like a fucking dweeb while they look like legitimate athletes.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the manís preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Tried watching Raw the other night. I made it until they...and they actually booked this out of the 9:00 hour...a match between Eva Marie and some nondescript chubby white girl against the two least over female performers on the show in Natalya and Tamina. I said nope, life is too short. Lol. Apparently Natalya got hurt so maybe that ends the whole Tamina/Natalya thing. Hope she is okay but please get the fuck off my TV.

I also think putting Nikki Cross out there with Rhea and Charlotte was a terrible decision that made her look like a joke (maybe that's the point)...she's like a foot shorter than them and looks like a fucking dweeb while they look like legitimate athletes.
    Yea I saw the Nikki segment. She did indeed look like a joke next to Charlotte and Rhea. There is no way WWE keeps her in a championship role for any length of time unless she is truly over - like head over heels over...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 2bynight View Post
    Yea I saw the Nikki segment. She did indeed look like a joke next to Charlotte and Rhea. There is no way WWE keeps her in a championship role for any length of time unless she is truly over - like head over heels over...
    She doesn't sound like it from the crowd. Like they don't outright dislike her but they aren't in love either. But they will start to dislike her with more of those awkward promos and putting her with two actual stars.
    back on twitter

Blog Entries

CM Punk is definitely coming and they aren't waiting until the PPV. They just announced a show in Chicago for the second episode of Rampage and then Darby did a promo referencing people calling themselves "the best in the world". I am totally down for Darby against Punk.

CM Punk is definitely coming and they aren't waiting until the PPV. They just announced a show in Chicago for the second episode of Rampage and then Darby did a promo referencing people calling themselves "the best in the world". I am totally down for Darby against Punk.
    Booked United Center during Summerslam weekend. Punk definitely confirmed and AEW going straight after WWE during their biggest ppv of the year (Summerslam will be bigger than Mania this year)

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Here is how I see RAW playing out. Ulmas turns face and beats Lashley - Drew turns heel and fight Ulmas for the title as he can no longer fight Lashley.

Here is how I see RAW playing out. Ulmas turns face and beats Lashley - Drew turns heel and fight Ulmas for the title as he can no longer fight Lashley.
    Omos?

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    Omos?

yea i'm sure I spelled his name wrong - just spelled it the way it sounded to me...

yea i'm sure I spelled his name wrong - just spelled it the way it sounded to me...
    I'm not sure has the in ring work ability to be main champ or work singles matches yet, but Vince does love his big guys so it wouldn't surprise me at all. Lol. Inhavr enjoyed his pairing with AJ so far and obviously they will split up at some point but right now I think Omos still needs someone else to help carry the matches. He seems to be more along the lines of Kali than Strowman when it comes to his big man work style imo. Not quite as stiff as Kali, but nowhere near as agile as Strowman.