Page 19 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrasslin'

Blog Entries

Re: Wrasslin'

Yeah, I just read the spoilers for Fyter on Reddit. Show sounds okay, seems to have pretty much gone as expected. They really need a crowd if they are going to push Orange Cassidy how they have been. I love that guy but it's just not the same without the crowd reactions.

I'm looking forward to getting fans back as well but I don't think that's happening - at least in terms of arena sized crowds, the stuff WWE usually books - until Royal Rumble/Revolution timeframe, if not longer. Maybe even Wrestlemania season.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

AEW is pushing this Jericho/Cassidy match hard. Video on their FB page with a quote from Jericho saying it's one of the best matches he's ever had.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

AEW was pretty good last night. The FTR/Bucks vs. B&B and Lucha Bros was a lot of fun. Interesting mix of flippy shit and not flippy shit and good storytelling.

I don't really give a fuck about Blade, he's super generic, but Butcher has really grown on me. Cool look and I love his band.

OC is a star, AEW's live crowds would have been going absolutely bananas during that match. I would have liked to see Jericho put him over though. OC has to actually win one of these matches at some point.
    back on twitter

Blog Entries

^ Same, I think that's most likely at this point, with how things are going with the virus.

RAW pulled it's lowest rating in it's history Monday. Not surprised, it's just a bland and boring show right now IMO. Dolph isn't a believable threat to Drew, Andrade and Garza seem to be in every segment, Viking Raiders is a bad 90s gimmick, etc. It's just...not very good.

AEW hasn't been a lot better. It looks like Omega is turning heel though and I think the endgame of Cody's TNT Title reign is him turning heel as well, that will inject some new life into it.

It's beyond time for Omega to get back to singles action. Their tag division is loaded now and doesn't need him or Hangman leading it.
    Last edited by Bhcforlife; 07-16-2020 at 10:57 AM.
    back on twitter

Here's another let's take our time to set up this high spot in a YoungSucks match....

This has the be the absolute worst let's take out time to set up a high spot that I've ever seen. YOUNGSUCK#1 EVEN HELPED HOLD THE FOOT OF YOUNGSUCK#2 so the move could be performed, then they all decide to fall the fuck down for no reason what so ever!

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1283571410535960576?s=19

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

So my thoughts on that, I have to say the movie itself was cool, but agree they are the absolute shits with their setup of these high spots. I want to say it's the indie in them but the Bucks have wrestled in front of huge crowds and cameras overseas. If they can't make it less obvious themselves, the production guys have to get another angle where it's not so obvious that they are all working together to pull the moves off.

The bigger issue I had with that match was Marko Stunt getting offense in on Kenny Omega - while I am not as anti-Marko as you, I thought that him getting the amount of offense he did in on Kenny fucking Omega was embarrassing for the company and for Kenny. Commentary was trying to push it as Omega not taking him seriously and it did build to the after match angle, but still...Marko is like 10lbs. He shouldn't be getting any offense in on one of the best wrestlers in the world.
    back on twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    So my thoughts on that, I have to say the movie itself was cool, but agree they are the absolute shits with their setup of these high spots. I want to say it's the indie in them but the Bucks have wrestled in front of huge crowds and cameras overseas. If they can't make it less obvious themselves, the production guys have to get another angle where it's not so obvious that they are all working together to pull the moves off.

The bigger issue I had with that match was Marko Stunt getting offense in on Kenny Omega - while I am not as anti-Marko as you, I thought that him getting the amount of offense he did in on Kenny fucking Omega was embarrassing for the company and for Kenny. Commentary was trying to push it as Omega not taking him seriously and it did build to the after match angle, but still...Marko is like 10lbs. He shouldn't be getting any offense in on one of the best wrestlers in the world.
    I was with you up until you said Omega was one of the best in the World. Dude is way over rated imo. I will admit that he hasnt been used properly at all so far and I will be glad when he is no longer teaming with Hangman, because I like Page. I'm willing to wait to see if I like Omega as a singles heel, because so far he the drizzles for me.

I will NEVER like the Young Sucks, EVER! Never have, never will. They are glorified gymnasts cosplaying as a professional wrestlers. There's something like that above in every single match they have. Maybe not as obvious as that one, but every match you can clearly see they are just going through their spots and setting them up then whole time. That's the downfall of laying out their matches backstage because they can't go in and call an actual match on the fly. They plan out their matches backstage then come out and go through them 1 spot at a time and take forever to set each one of the high spots up that it just kills any match they have for me. They are a couple of athletic fanboys pretending to be professional wrestlers and that's all they will ever be to me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    I was with you up until you said Omega was one of the best in the World. Dude is way over rated imo. I will admit that he hasnt been used properly at all so far and I will be glad when he is no longer teaming with Hangman, because I like Page. I'm willing to wait to see if I like Omega as a singles heel, because so far he the drizzles for me.

I will NEVER like the Young Sucks, EVER! Never have, never will. They are glorified gymnasts cosplaying as a professional wrestlers. There's something like that above in every single match they have. Maybe not as obvious as that one, but every match you can clearly see they are just going through their spots and setting them up then whole time. That's the downfall of laying out their matches backstage because they can't go in and call an actual match on the fly. They plan out their matches backstage then come out and go through them 1 spot at a time and take forever to set each one of the high spots up that it just kills any match they have for me. They are a couple of athletic fanboys pretending to be professional wrestlers and that's all they will ever be to me.

That's where we'd disagree, yeah, lol. I don't think Kenny has been at his best in AEW but I think he can still be that guy he was in NJPW, when he was putting on 5* matches against guys like Tanahashi and Okada and Ibushi. Even having said that, and while I know you hate the Bucks, that match at Revolution is generally considered one of the best tag matches of all time and certainly likely to be MOTY for 2020 in the USA considering the limitations American promotions are working with the rest of the year.

I don't think AEW has used him anywhere near how he should have been. He shouldn't have been wrestling unsanctioned matches against Janela and Moxley, or losing to PAC as the promotion was starting up.

Indifferent on the Bucks myself. If I'm feeling in the mood for flips and shit, I enjoy their stuff. But, sometimes you want a match with a story or at least some semblance of ring psychology, and you generally don't get that from them lol.
    back on twitter

Blog Entries

I have to say, I was impressed with Brian Cage. I'd never seen him before AEW, so my impression initially was here's another 'roid guy who can barely move and can't have watchable matches, but I was pleasantly surprised to see he's a lot more than that. I actually kind of wanted to see him win by the end of the match.
    back on twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I have to say, I was impressed with Brian Cage. I'd never seen him before AEW, so my impression initially was here's another 'roid guy who can barely move and can't have watchable matches, but I was pleasantly surprised to see he's a lot more than that. I actually kind of wanted to see him win by the end of the match.
    Same. I haven't seen much of him due to being on Impact previously. Lol. He def has the look of another stiff roid guy but doesn't move like a stiff roid guy.

Blog Entries

Before what I was going to make this post about, I have to say, the Rollins/Mysterio and Sasha/Asuka finishes at Extreme Rules were comically bad. The Asuka/Sasha match in particular, was such a letdown, because the match was great, and then you got that 2000's era Thunder finish to the match with a complete non-decision. The Rollins/Mysterio finish was exactly the same as they did weeks ago which started the angle and I never even saw the fake eye they cut so quick. Rollins puking was unnecessary and gross.

To the surprise of nobody:

Dave Meltzer
    @davemeltzerWON
    ·
    5m
    Orton vs Show did a 0.42 18-49 in Q3. That is staggeringly bad when put into perspective. Worst quarter performance in 27+ year history of the show for a bout promoted for weeks.
    I mean people haven't wanted to watch Big Show wrestle for years...hate to say that about a guy who seems to be one of the really good guys in wrestling, but what are they thinking?
    back on twitter

Blog Entries

Dynamite was fantastic last night. Might have been the best episode they've ever done from top to bottom.

No clue who Eddie Kingston is but the pre-match promo on Cody and Arn was great and the match was so much fun. I'm still a mark for shit like thumbtacks and tables...which leads me into the Butcher/Blade vs. Bucks match, which while it was predictably a total spotfest, was a blast to watch. Butcher has one of the best looks in wrestling, I just wish they would win more.
    back on twitter