Page 38 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrasslin'

Re: Wrasslin'

And now Big Show has signed with AEW. Lmao. I didn't even know his contract was up with WWE.

Big Show must really want that match against Shaq.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

I dunno what Big Show is going to do in AEW. I wonder if they make him the on-screen GM/authority figure. I think that'd be a good role for him. Puts a recognizable face on TV for the casual fan to see but doesn't put him in the ring where his style doesn't really mesh with what most of their roster does, to say the least. I don't really care to see him wrestle anyone there, and he's also like 2 ft taller than 90% of the roster lol.

I dunno why they are having an exploding barbed wire deathmatch, I was there a year and half ago at Full Gear when they had the unsanctioned match which is basically the same thing. It makes no sense from Omega's perspective to want that since it's Moxley's specialty, why would the heel agree to that?

I find AEW's matches to be more exciting than anything WWE does, just my personal opinion, but the booking is terrible. It's the #1 thing I agree with Jim Cornette about.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I dunno what Big Show is going to do in AEW. I wonder if they make him the on-screen GM/authority figure. I think that'd be a good role for him. Puts a recognizable face on TV for the casual fan to see but doesn't put him in the ring where his style doesn't really mesh with what most of their roster does, to say the least. I don't really care to see him wrestle anyone there, and he's also like 2 ft taller than 90% of the roster lol.

I dunno why they are having an exploding barbed wire deathmatch, I was there a year and half ago at Full Gear when they had the unsanctioned match which is basically the same thing. It makes no sense from Omega's perspective to want that since it's Moxley's specialty, why would the heel agree to that?

I find AEW's matches to be more exciting than anything WWE does, just my personal opinion, but the booking is terrible. It's the #1 thing I agree with Jim Cornette about.
    Apparently it's a long term deal to be commentator for AEW Dark....wr all know he will do more than that, especially with it being a long term deal. Lol

He was verbally unhappy with his contract negotiations during his last Legends night appearance and they couldn't work out a new deal....he left for $$$$

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    Apparently it's a long term deal to be commentator for AEW Dark....wr all know he will do more than that, especially with it being a long term deal. Lol

He was verbally unhappy with his contract negotiations during his last Legends night appearance and they couldn't work out a new deal....he left for $$$$

Another AEW YouTube show I won't watch lol. I watched Dark when AEW first came out but I can't imagine watching it now, appreciate what they do for indie wrestlers and giving them the platform but no thank you lol.

Can't fault the guy for leaving for $$$...it's funny to see AEW stans acting like this is a big move when they were the same people chanting for him to retire five years ago. It can be a solid move if they put him in the right role and for brand awareness/casual viewers but in the ring, nah.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Another AEW YouTube show I won't watch lol. I watched Dark when AEW first came out but I can't imagine watching it now, appreciate what they do for indie wrestlers and giving them the platform but no thank you lol.

Can't fault the guy for leaving for $$$...it's funny to see AEW stans acting like this is a big move when they were the same people chanting for him to retire five years ago. It can be a solid move if they put him in the right role and for brand awareness/casual viewers but in the ring, nah.
    Exactly! "Big Show sucks! He needs to retire already!! Oh look, another Big Show turn"

Now....."AEW signed Paul White!! OMG this is amazing! Suck it WWE!!"

Smh

Don't blame him at all for chasing another nice paycheck. Him being there still won't get me to watch any of AEW's products though. I've seen enough to know their flippy non wrestling/storytelling garbage matches aren't for me. The last actual decent wrestling match I saw out of AEW was Cody vs Dustin.

Blog Entries

Actually a really good episode of Dynamite tonight. Nyla vs. Britt was one of the best non Rosa women's matches they've had, of course they continues the baffling booking by putting Rose over for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    Miz winning is more exciting than having Shaq in a match or an exploding barbedwire death match imo...

Drew's entire title reign has been without a live crowd. It's gotten somewhat boring and there needs to be someone else holding the title and it should be someone that's not named Oldberg. What's the point of having the MIT briefcase if you don't cash in at the most opportune time? Miz making a deal with the Hurt Business and cashing in was fine. It worked, he is champ and thinks he will carry the title all the way to Mania. It's going to be even better when that backfires and Lashley wins it. People have been wanting a Lashley vs Lesnar feud for several years now. This would be a good way to bring Lesnar back after or during Mania.

I am a bit bummed that Ripley will be going to RAW though because the show is absolutely boring overall and hard to sit through. Was really hoping she would go to Smackdown but with Manbeast Charlotte needing a new storyline due to Lacey being pregnant, I guess they can spark the Charlotte vs Ripley story back up.

I'm really excited that AEW is working with other promotions and hope it works out for the best, but their current roster is the drizzling shits and I can't sit through their shows. It's pure garbage. Jericho is a joke, Omega and the Bucks can't wrestle worth a shit and I've never been a fan of boring Moxley. Not even Sting being there makes me want to tune in and watch anymore. I just don't care to see the shit they are putting out each week, so I watch NXT and look up the AEW results online now days.

Not having a booming loud crowd has hurt the wrestling industry across the board. Im ready to start seeing some asses back in the seats so hopefully things will i.lrove on a show production level. Smackdown and NXT are watchable to me but that's because I have AEW and RAW to compare it to. Lol. The bar isn't very high.

I've been watching wrestling since I was 7 years old and I still love it, but it's just hard to watch in general right now. There really isn't that mega star or angle that draws me in and keeps me wanting to tune in each week. Even the stuff with Bray and Alexa is starting to get boring and they haven't really been around much the last several weeks.

But anywho, long story short, I'm okay with the Miz cashing in and winning only to drop it to Lashley before Mania. It's a good jumpstart to Lashley finally being used as a powerhouse beast that deserves to be in the main event and even champ.

Good point, I didn't even consider that it might be a way to get to a Lashley- Lesnar feud and make Lashley a monster on the way there, so I'm in. And you are right I'm glad it wasn't Goldberg winning the title

Blog Entries

Rey Fenix just hit Archer with a Spanish fly off the top ropes, one of the most spectacular moves I've seen. Insane to see a guy as big as Archer do that.

Blog Entries

BTW the Sting and Darby segment last night with Starks and Cage may have been the best segment in Dynamite history lol. It was fucking awesome.

It's weird...you don't realize how small these AEW guys are until you see a guy like Sting in there. You look at Brian Cage and think he's a big dude but Sting was bigger.

I like all 4 of these guys...it's the match I'm most looking forward to at Revolution.
    back on twitter

Blog Entries

Wednesday night war is over. NXT is moving to Tuesday starting 4/13. I do believe this is because of NHL coming to Wednesday on USA but still big news.

Blog Entries

The Shaq match was awesome lol

Blog Entries

Tully Blanchard hit a slingshot suplex in 2021. What a time to be alive.