Page 29 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrasslin'

Blog Entries

Re: Wrasslin'

The guy who does the Cornette Podcast with Jim made a really good point about Jericho on last week's episode. He said that in 2020 Chris Jericho is a comedy wrestler and I can't deny that is completely accurate.

Luther was on Twitter trying to defend that abortion of a match and saying we should appreciate different things in wrestling, different body types, different styles, and it's like, yeah, we should, and generally we do - ESPECIALLY in AEW with the variety of styles and looks they have. But that has nothing to do with the match being awful...
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    The guy who does the Cornette Podcast with Jim made a really good point about Jericho on last week's episode. He said that in 2020 Chris Jericho is a comedy wrestler and I can't deny that is completely accurate.

Luther was on Twitter trying to defend that abortion of a match and saying we should appreciate different things in wrestling, different body types, different styles, and it's like, yeah, we should, and generally we do - ESPECIALLY in AEW with the variety of styles and looks they have. But that has nothing to do with the match being awful...
    I've already taken a break from watching AEW as well. I can't stand half their roster and the shit matches they put out each week. In fact, I haven't watched any wrestling in a couple weeks now because it's the same shit each week, week in and week out. I looked up the WWE draft results and all they did was move the same feuds to different shows. I probably won't start back watching until fans are allowed back in and it's enough for the performers to feed off of, because the shit that they have been putting out has been the same garbage over and over.

Glad Reigns is finally a heel though, but that too needs a live crowd.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Yeah, I'm with you. I still watch AEW and will watch Smackdown if I remember, but my interest is waning.

AEW last night was not good. I enjoyed the Cody vs. Orange Cassidy match and that is probably the best Orange match we'll ever see, but of course it's AEW so it went to a 20 minute draw for some reason where it looked like Orange might have had Cody as time expired and we're getting Cody vs. Orange the sequel in two weeks. Just like the Jericho feud in which the matches progressively got worse, they can't leave good enough alone. Nobody believes Orange is going to beat Cody for the title so why do it again?

I can't believe what they are doing with Miro. Literally can not believe he signed on to do this fucking angle and literally can not believe anyone in the back didn't say no to it. The guy should be next in the tournament to determine Moxley's next challenger (maybe instead of JOEY FUCKING JANELA) but no, he's getting mad over an arcade game being broken and feuding with a midcard tag team.

I assume looking at the bracket for the tournament that it will be Hangman vs. Omega in the final and I'm guessing Omega wins and eventually goes on to take the title off Moxley.

I did get a kick out of Sammy Guevara's pretape on Matt Hardy, where he was wearing a hoodie and said "it was me, it was me all along" in regards to who attacked Matt on a recent episode. My smile was then erased by the fact we're getting Matt vs. Sammy for the 385th time.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

The Jericho/MJF promos continue to be the highlight of the show overall, but it's all comedy...unless the angle leads to MJF taking over Jericho's position as leader of Inner Circle, I don't know what the endgame is. MJF doesn't need to be in a faction.

AEW's use of MJF is as maddening as the Ravens use of JK Dobbins.
    back on twitter

The Jericho/MJF promos continue to be the highlight of the show overall, but it's all comedy...unless the angle leads to MJF taking over Jericho's position as leader of Inner Circle, I don't know what the endgame is. MJF doesn't need to be in a faction.

AEW's use of MJF is as maddening as the Ravens use of JK Dobbins.
    I figured Wardlow would turn on MJF and be the one to join Inner Circle. Might as well give them another big man to stand there like Hager.

I can't see Jericho ever badmouthing any of his stuff, but I would love to hear his actual thoughts on the product once those checks are no longer coming in and he is with a different company or retired. There's no way he believes the Stadium Stampede and Mimosa matches were good. I don't care how many times he says it to convince himself or anyone else differently. They were garbage!!

Blog Entries

Agree, it's going to be interesting to see in the future what Jericho was behind and what he just went through the motions on. I refuse to believe he doesn't have complete control over his creative in AEW, so that makes me think he genuinely believes the stuff he's been doing has either been good or at least appropriate to do. I know Cornette (I have become a weekly listener to the podcast) says he's just cashing a check but I think he has more respect for the business and the guys in the company than that personally.

I liked the Stadium Stampede match for what it was, but I fully understand the opposite side of that where people would hate it.

I did not like the Mimosa Mayhem match, or the 2nd match against Orange Cassidy. I thought the first was okay.

I have not liked much of what he's done in 2020 honestly, ever since he dropped the belt to Moxley. I do like the stuff with MJF recently, but like Cornette says, it's two heels, so where ya going with it? I guess Wardlow could turn and join Inner Circle but traditionally that would make MJF a face and I don't think anyone in or out of the business would say that's a good idea right now lol.
    back on twitter

Agree, it's going to be interesting to see in the future what Jericho was behind and what he just went through the motions on. I refuse to believe he doesn't have complete control over his creative in AEW, so that makes me think he genuinely believes the stuff he's been doing has either been good or at least appropriate to do. I know Cornette (I have become a weekly listener to the podcast) says he's just cashing a check but I think he has more respect for the business and the guys in the company than that personally.

I liked the Stadium Stampede match for what it was, but I fully understand the opposite side of that where people would hate it.

I did not like the Mimosa Mayhem match, or the 2nd match against Orange Cassidy. I thought the first was okay.

I have not liked much of what he's done in 2020 honestly, ever since he dropped the belt to Moxley. I do like the stuff with MJF recently, but like Cornette says, it's two heels, so where ya going with it? I guess Wardlow could turn and join Inner Circle but traditionally that would make MJF a face and I don't think anyone in or out of the business would say that's a good idea right now lol.
    Do you listen to both of his podcasts? Corney Drive Through and The Experience.

I listen to both once they hit YouTube. :)

I gotta agree that if Jericho didn't honestly believe that the stuff he was doing is good or gonna be good, that he would agree or go through with it, but maybe at this point he decided to just have some fun and try to entertain without having to have a good match in the process. He gets paid either way and as long as the $ is coming in, why bother having a good match? Lol. Tony Kahn is gonna pay me to do this ridiculous crap each week with these younger guys and gals?! Okay, why not....I have nothing to prove or lose from it at this point....

Still hoping the overall wrestling product improves once fans are back in the seats live. It's got to be hard on the performers not having the natural reactions they are used to having.

Oh yeah, MJF has to stay heel! He is too damn good at it. The only issue is fans love to see it and it could turn into another Stone Cold situation, which didn't turn out bad at all for him.

Blog Entries

Le Dinner Debonair segment was the greatest thing I've seen in wrestling in a long, long time. Holy shit I was in tears from laughing so hard.

Blog Entries

I thought last night's Dynamite was good. Or, at least it was good if you are a fan of AEW's style of wrestling lol.

They finally treated Omega like he should be treated - if they want him to be viewed as the big star he was in Japan - with an extravagant entrance (THE CLEANER is back), Justin Roberts reading off a list of his accomplishments, and a 10 second squash of Sonny Kiss to advance in the title tournament. Kenny is definitely going obnoxious heel and I think it's going to be good.

It won't be for traditionalist but Omega vs. Fenix, if it's not a squash (I'm not convinced it won't be after last night) could be a really good match.

I like putting Wardlow over Jungle Boy and the match between him and Page should be good. Wardlow has a great look with athleticism, and should be a future star.

Omega vs. Page is obviously the end game of the title tournament and I wish they had let that simmer a bit longer. Omega will win and as I said a few posts back, I expect he'll be the one to beat Moxley for the title.

Le Dinner Debonair as I mentioned above, was fantastic. It's something I'm sure Cornette will destroy but wrestling is entertainment and I was more entertained by that segment than anything I've seen in wrestling this year.

Britt Baker is fucking hot, and she's improved a lot over the past year. Kilynn King is also decent, but has an 0-12 record now lol.

The only thing I didn't really like was the tag match, I think 4 team tags where only two guys are "legal" at a time are stupid. It was fine for what it was, but like the title tournament, lacked drama because the endgame of Bucks vs. FTR has been obvious, and the Bucks were the only team in the match you realistically thought would win.
    Last edited by Bhcforlife; 10-22-2020 at 09:51 AM.
    back on twitter

Blog Entries

Seems like a lot of people liked the Roman/Jey match last night, I wasn't a fan. I get it's story over workrate but it was just boring to me. I hate HIAC as a match when the actual cell is just an afterthought. If this was in front of a typical WWE PPV crowd, I think they would have shit all over it.

Sasha/Bayley was very good and the highlight of the night. Felt like a match that actually needed to be in a cell, lots of weapon spots and back and forth, it was good. I love Sasha so I'm happy to see her win.

Don't agree with the decision to put the belt on Orton, and the match was boring, but at least they actually used the cell.

Other stuff was throwaway. Miz is the new MITB holder after Tucker turned on Otis and cost him the match. Not sure what the hell the point of that is, neither of those guys are going to do anything as singles guys. Tucker is the better worker but has no charisma and I've already given my thoughts on Otis before. Hard to see Miz with a successful cash in at this point in his career but I guess we'll see.

Lashley destroyed one of the Retribution dorks and more or less destroyed the rest of Retribution post-match. Just end that gimmick, please.
    back on twitter

Blog Entries

Tired of all the AEW matches with no heat.

Tired of Dark Order (outside of Anna Jay).

Tired of them not using guys like Cage, Starks, Archer, Miro, Darby, etc., on a consistent basis...but we get random Dark Order jobbers in action every week. Hell I'd settle for some Jake Hager matches at this point.

Cool to see Billy Gunn main eventing a program in 2020, albeit in a tag match w/ Cody the star of it.

Program has not been great recently.

Not sure if I'm going to buy the PPV. The matches on the surface seem pretty good, I'll probably decide Saturday.
    back on twitter