Page 4 of 101 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrasslin'

Blog Entries

Re: Wrasslin'

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    Kenny Omega is in charge of booking the women's division. He thinks that what worked in Japan will automatically work in the States. You can even see that when he wrestles with his stupid facial expressions and weird jerky movements he makes that have absolutely nothing to do with the match psychology.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Hadn't seen a lot of Omega in Japan but that makes sense. Shinsuke Nakamura is like that too. That Japanese crowd is definitely different than here...you'd think they'd all know that. It's just such a noticeably different product from what the rest of AEW's show is, everything else is generally pretty crisp and fast paced, then you have the women come on and the Undertaker could walk to the ring faster than they do some of their moves.

They are bankrolled by a billionaire, they can't pull some of TNA's old roster who I think are not signed to a major promotion, like ODB or Angelina Love or Taylor Wilde or Roxxxi to come in for a few months? At least you could have functional matches at that point and not the mess they do now.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Hadn't seen a lot of Omega in Japan but that makes sense. Shinsuke Nakamura is like that too. That Japanese crowd is definitely different than here...you'd think they'd all know that. It's just such a noticeably different product from what the rest of AEW's show is, everything else is generally pretty crisp and fast paced, then you have the women come on and the Undertaker could walk to the ring faster than they do some of their moves.

They are bankrolled by a billionaire, they can't pull some of TNA's old roster who I think are not signed to a major promotion, like ODB or Angelina Love or Taylor Wilde or Roxxxi to come in for a few months? At least you could have functional matches at that point and not the mess they do now.
    From what very little content I have seen of wrestling in Japan, as well as several other's comments that I've read here and there, it appears that Omega and Nakamura have had to scale back on how they work in a match compared to in Japan. I know the "King of Hardstyle" for Nak is due to the stiffness of how they work overseas. I've read where WWE is ruining him because he can't work a match here like he can over there....

One would have to assume that they know the crowds are different and things what "work" over there very well may not "work" over here, but maybe in Omega's case, being in charge of the Women's division and still working his matches similar, that he is trying to showcase that style and give it a chance to "work" here? Idk. So far, his Women's division has been getting ripped a new one every week and rightfully so. It's horrible.

ODB is in NWA
    Angelina Love I believe is with ROH currently

Melina is also with NWA

Blog Entries

I saw something about the NXT Women’s Title going gender neutral. Is that true? Lol. I’m very liberal, but that’s just funny. So can Keith Lee or Adam Cole challenge Rhea for it now? Why not make every belt gender neutral? Becky Lynch vs. Brock to unify the belts. Book it.

Blog Entries

In Japan, Omega had to do what he was told to do. Now, Omega is being left to his own devices, calling some shots and you can see why Coaches coach and players play, basically.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

I've been a weekly watcher since they started and it's honestly been getting worse. Britt Baker has a candidate for worst promo of the year on Dynamite this week. Meanwhile, they put Nyla and Shanna, who are actually good or at least watchable in comparison to 90% of the others, on AEW Dark, their YouTube show on Tuesday nights. Seems to me like things should be flipped around there.

Dynamite being broadcast from Jericho's cruise was pretty fun. It reminded me of the event shows WCW used to do back in the 90's, like Road Wild in Sturgis or Bash at the Beach being on an actual beach.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

I saw something about the NXT Women’s Title going gender neutral. Is that true? Lol. I’m very liberal, but that’s just funny. So can Keith Lee or Adam Cole challenge Rhea for it now? Why not make every belt gender neutral? Becky Lynch vs. Brock to unify the belts. Book it.
    They are just dropping "women's" from the name. It will be NXT Champion.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    In Japan, Omega had to do what he was told to do. Now, Omega is being left to his own devices, calling some shots and you can see why Coaches coach and players play, basically.
    Well, they have him coaching their women's division, and it shows. Lol. Horrible!!!

I've been a weekly watcher since they started and it's honestly been getting worse. Britt Baker has a candidate for worst promo of the year on Dynamite this week. Meanwhile, they put Nyla and Shanna, who are actually good or at least watchable in comparison to 90% of the others, on AEW Dark, their YouTube show on Tuesday nights. Seems to me like things should be flipped around there.

Dynamite being broadcast from Jericho's cruise was pretty fun. It reminded me of the event shows WCW used to do back in the 90's, like Road Wild in Sturgis or Bash at the Beach being on an actual beach.
    AEW Dark is supposedly getting a tv slot as well I think. Part of the new deal they just signed with TNT

Losing interest each week with RAW and Smackdown, but I am looking forward to The Rumble this Sunday. Hopefully there will be some legit surprises that they can manage to keep from being leaked.

Blog Entries

I thought the Men’s Rumble was pretty good. One of the best in recent memory imo. You had Brock get rid of all the jobbers and guys who had no chance of winning, which led to an entertaining and suspenseful second half. Other than like Karl Anderson and Luke Gallows (might be forgetting 1 or 2 other guys), pretty much everyone after Brock’s elimination could have conceivably won. Edge being back is awesome and I hope he stays healthy. Nice to see MVP again too and the Black Panther outfit was cool.

I feel like this is the first time in a while that the Road to WM is going to have a true face/heel response from the crowds, at least on the Raw side. Kudos to Drew for getting over and kudos to WWE for running with it.

If the intent for SD is Roman/Fiend, well, WWE is as per usual doing Roman no favors with the crowd, as he’ll once again be facing a champion very few want to see him beat.

Women’s RR was meh...Charlotte winning is an F from me, even with the news she’s likely challenging Rhea. I did mark out for Santina and Beth Phoenix tho, and Alexa Bliss being #1 meant like a half hour of her on my screen, so that was ok lol

Blog Entries

The Edge/Orton segment last night was also quite literally the best segment they’ve done in years IMO. Probably since Seth turning on the Shield.

Blog Entries

I love the Hangman Adam Page storyline in AEW. I give them shit on Twitter for not having a lot of progressive story outside of a few guys, but this one is A+. It’s got the kind of nuance that you flat out don’t see in modern WWE. Very interested to see where they go with it.

If they make a shirt based on the old Austin shirts that says:

Arrive

Cowboy Shit (or Buckshot, if we want to be PC)

Leave

I would buy it so fast.