Page 6 of 101 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrasslin'

Re: Wrasslin'

AEW announced their first line of action figures will be coming out later this year. I will get a Luchasaurus one for sure when they make one of him. Maybe a Hangman Page one.

Other than that, I really hope they join the trading card community and have autos and relics available. I need to add to my collection on those. :)

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Osmond View Post
    Today is the birthday of the late great Buddy Rogers, the original Nature Boy.
    Too early for me to have any personal memories of him, but a true legend.

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    AEW announced their first line of action figures will be coming out later this year. I will get a Luchasaurus one for sure when they make one of him. Maybe a Hangman Page one.

Other than that, I really hope they join the trading card community and have autos and relics available. I need to add to my collection on those. :)

I'm not really a wrestling figure collector (now, back when I was a kid? I have lots of the old ones), but the ones they've shown so far look really good. I may pick up the Cody and Jericho figures, and my wife, who I have successfully gotten invested in wrestling thanks to AEW, likes Kenny Omega, so we may get that one too. I'm sure an Orange Cassidy one is inevitable and y'all know I'll be picking that up lol.

One thing I liked about TNA back in the pre-Hogan era was their merch, they had literally anything and everything under the sun available and they always ran sales. I have hand auto'd 8x10's of Samoa Joe and AJ Styles that I got in a blind box thing they did back years ago, among others. Would love for AEW to do the same.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Speaking of merch, I am a fan of both companies so I did pick up a couple shirts from a WWE Shop sale they were having. Buy 1 get 1 for a dollar. Wrestling shirts are hit or miss for "wearability" for me, but I feel comfortable wearing both of these out in public. I fucking love the Kabuki Warriors shirt, I am kind of a weeb so of course I love Asuka and Kairi Sane. And Elias is just cool, love that guy.

back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Raw is gonna be in DC on the 9th. I picked up tix. Supposedly Edge is going to be back at that episode. If that’s true I am gonna mark the fuck out like I haven’t in damn near 20 years.

Blog Entries

The Iron Man match between Pac and Omega last night was the best NA wrestling match I've seen in a long time. I think "tie" endings in IM matches that lead to sudden death are cliche and overdone, and this one didn't even really have a ton of drama at the end as Kenny never seemed likely to tap to Pac's submission as time came to a close. That would be my only complaint. Everything else? Incredible. The powerbomb Pac did to Kenny from the apron to the floor I don't think I've seen before.
    back on twitter

Blog Entries

The Fiend just lost the title clean to...Bill fucking Goldberg.

I was a Goldberg mark in high school but it’s 2020...

Kind of speechless.

Blog Entries

Would appreciate a PM if anyone has a reliable stream for Revolution tonight. I just can't bring myself to pay $50 for 3-4 hours of show no matter how much I like the company. The Network changed the game.
    back on twitter

Blog Entries

It was a spotfest, but the tag title match last night is going to be tough to top the rest of 2020, by any company.

The Orange Cassidy/PAC match was ridiculous in all the right ways. Both of those guys are stars, but Cassidy just connects with the crowd. It has to be frustrating being a guy that goes out and sells their body out doing high spots night after night to get a pop and meanwhile Cassidy has the crowd eating out of the palm of his hand just by sticking his hands in his pockets and putting sunglasses on lol.

Character work is always going to be more important in "mainstream" American wrestling than ring ability (not to say Cassidy can't go - the match last night definitely showed he can).
    back on twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    The Fiend just lost the title clean to...Bill fucking Goldberg.

I was a Goldberg mark in high school but it’s 2020...

Kind of speechless.
    Yep, never liked Oldberg and never will! I refuse to watch anything WWE other than NXT until Olberg is gone.

NXT, AEW, ROH, and NWA Power will fill the void nicely until then. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Would appreciate a PM if anyone has a reliable stream for Revolution tonight. I just can't bring myself to pay $50 for 3-4 hours of show no matter how much I like the company. The Network changed the game.
    Speaking of the Network, seems Vince isn't too happy with not being able to get over 2 million subscribers so he is now shopping some of the PPVs (Mania included) to other networks. Will have to pay the monthly subscription fees to said Network as well as going back to the 50 - 60 bucks they will charge for the PPV event....

Around 2 million subscribers per month at $9.99 just ain't cutting it I suppose. I understand it's a business, but I can't see many people forking out the PPV $ for the shit product WWE has been giving. It may come back to hurt them long run

Blog Entries

Yep, never liked Oldberg and never will! I refuse to watch anything WWE other than NXT until Olberg is gone.

NXT, AEW, ROH, and NWA Power will fill the void nicely until then. Lol

Fortunately, he seems confined to Smackdown for now since the feud is with Reigns. I'll always like Goldberg just for the nostalgia factor, but the guy has two moves and he can't even hit one of them clean anymore, nearly killed the Undertaker with that Jackhammer and the one against Fiend was basically just a suplex. He was always kind of dangerous to be in the ring with, to no fault of his own given the limited training he got before WCW hotshotted him to the top, but even more so now since he seems to have little to no functional strength or cardio despite how good he looks for his age.

Speaking of the Network, seems Vince isn't too happy with not being able to get over 2 million subscribers so he is now shopping some of the PPVs (Mania included) to other networks. Will have to pay the monthly subscription fees to said Network as well as going back to the 50 - 60 bucks they will charge for the PPV event....

Around 2 million subscribers per month at $9.99 just ain't cutting it I suppose. I understand it's a business, but I can't see many people forking out the PPV $ for the shit product WWE has been giving. It may come back to hurt them long run

I did see that, and I do agree I think if they go that route it will come back to bite them. Vince is just out of touch with where wrestling is in 2020...2M~ monthly subs for a niche product that isn't growing new viewers, they should be happy with that. I mean, FFS, Raw has only been drawing around 2.2M. Smackdown a little higher by virtue of being on Fox, but the majority of your audience is subbing to the Network lol.
    back on twitter

Blog Entries

Dave Meltzer called the Bucks vs. Page/Omega the best tag match of all time. Not sure I'm ready to go there, to me it is still the TLC match @ WM17, but it was great.

My wife has gotten to where she likes watching wrestling as well, so I've been going back and looking for classic matches to show her which I think will get her even more into it. This is my list so far off the top of me head, looking for any additional suggestions, and recommend with the assumption that I will brief her on the backstory to every match (i.e. Taker/HBK WM25 and 26 are on here and I will tell her the story of why it was such a big and emotional matches). Matches can be great either for work rate or significance (which is why I have some Hogan, Warrior, etc.).

Taker/HBK WM25
    Taker/HBK WM26
    Taker/HBK Bad Blood 97
    Taker/HHH WM28
    TLC WM17
    Andre/Hogan WM3
    Warrior/Hogan WM6
    Guerrero/Lesnar No Way Out 04
    Warrior/Savage WM7
    Benoit/HHH/Michaels WM20
    Cactus Jack/HHH RR2000
    Hogan/Rock WM18
    Bret/Michaels WM12
    Taker/Mankind KOTR98
    Bret/Owen WM10
    Razor/HBK WM10
    Bret/Austin WM13
    back on twitter