Page 91 of 101 FirstFirst ... 8990919293 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,092 of 1210

Thread: Wrasslin'

Re: Wrasslin'

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    Summerslam was good. Wasn't great by any stretch, but it did start some changes going forward. Actually looking forward to RAW tonight.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Agreed. It was a good event. The Brock Roman match was very unique which says a lot considering how many times we have seen these two wrestle.

Being reported that the Becky face turn was HHH decision and that if it had been left to Vince she would have remained a heel. She was a meh heel. Bring her back to the man gimmick where she was a female stone cold.

Be interesting to see what happens

Blog Entries

If the resigning and repackaging of Kross and Scarlet is any indication then things are going to be better for sure.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    If the resigning and repackaging of Kross and Scarlet is any indication then things are going to be better for sure.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
    Yeah I was shocked by that. Now if HHH can resign Keith Lee and make him the star he was in NXT then he can really shove it all up Vince’s ass.

I don’t get Vince’s habit of taking what was working in NXT and completely turning it upside down like they came from a different promotion. It’s gotta be ego of I didn’t create this so I’m gonna change it.

Glad he’s gone

I know it will a couple years from now, but I wonder how many will go back to WWE from AEW now that HHH and Steph are running things? I can def see FTR jumping back.

Outside of the Bucks and Omega, I can see most of the roster wanting to make the jump if given the chance, and I wouldn't exactly rule out Omega.

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    I know it will a couple years from now, but I wonder how many will go back to WWE from AEW now that HHH and Steph are running things? I can def see FTR jumping back.

Outside of the Bucks and Omega, I can see most of the roster wanting to make the jump if given the chance, and I wouldn't exactly rule out Omega.

Moxley especially because I know he had a huge issue with creative and lack of freedom in WWE. I don’t know what his relationship was was Trips though so that may cause him to stay if that relationship wasn’t good

Blog Entries

I have to wait and see what changes HHH/Steph make and hold up for the next 1-2 years before I start spitballing who might leave AEW/elsewhere to join WWE or come back. AEW still has a lot to offer especially when it comes to freedom outside the workplace that WWE doesn't.

I will say it's a tough sell for me to see either FTR or Mox going back right now. FTR...maybe if WWE puts more emphasis on their tag division. But they are pushed, champs of 3 different companies, likely to be AEW champs by end of year, and are featured almost weekly + are main eventing over on ROH. Mox I can't really see, HHH might allow the occasional blood spot that Vince didn't, but he'll never be able to do the stuff he clearly wants to do (deathmatch, bleeding all the time, etc.) in WWE, plus he'll likely always be pushed as one of the top guys in AEW. I think Mox more than maybe anyone in the company enjoys the freedom he has to lay out and work his matches - whatever you think of them - how he wants.

Hobbs, MJF, Wardlow, Starks, these are some "AEW" guys I can see WWE wanting.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

What is going on with MJF? Was it a work or a shoot? I can't see him being out of wrestling for two years...but seems like Khan is hosing up a work now if he stays out much longer.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 2bynight View Post
    What is going on with MJF? Was it a work or a shoot? I can't see him being out of wrestling for two years...but seems like Khan is hosing up a work now if he stays out much longer.
    My guess is it's both. AEW's ratings are dropping weekly (and rightfully so, show has been...not good in recent weeks), if it was a full on work, I think they'd have MJF back on there to pump the ratings a little bit.
    back on twitter

Blog Entries

To me AEW's current product, since Punk and the other injuries, it seems as thrown together on a weekly basis as Raw did under Vince. They had the great Christian angle going with Luchasaurus as his muscle and they ended it after 2 weeks. Daniel Garcia inexplicably beating Danielson for no apparent reason and no apparent follow up. Jericho inexplicably beating Kingston when everyone wants to see more Kingston, and Jericho being reinserted into the title picture at a time when a lot of their audience are frankly tired of him. Jericho Appreciation Society is the only constant on the show every week and holy shit does that faction blow. It's been hard to watch.

At least WWE is on the up. Raw still had it's moments but overall wasn't bad.
    back on twitter

To me AEW's current product, since Punk and the other injuries, it seems as thrown together on a weekly basis as Raw did under Vince. They had the great Christian angle going with Luchasaurus as his muscle and they ended it after 2 weeks. Daniel Garcia inexplicably beating Danielson for no apparent reason and no apparent follow up. Jericho inexplicably beating Kingston when everyone wants to see more Kingston, and Jericho being reinserted into the title picture at a time when a lot of their audience are frankly tired of him. Jericho Appreciation Society is the only constant on the show every week and holy shit does that faction blow. It's been hard to watch.

At least WWE is on the up. Raw still had it's moments but overall wasn't bad.
    Yea, AEW is leaving a lot to be desired now. JAS just sucks and Jericho frankly looks nothing like his younger self in the ring. He may need to just come in for special moments. I know AES is dealing with a lot of injured high end personnel. Between Omega and Punk they lost two big stars for now as well as Jeff Hardy. They have to do better storylines with who they have left.

My guess is it's both. AEW's ratings are dropping weekly (and rightfully so, show has been...not good in recent weeks), if it was a full on work, I think they'd have MJF back on there to pump the ratings a little bit.
    I agree. Seems a little too suspect that they are playing a very lengthy long game with MJF now.

Blog Entries

Tony Khan needs to lay off the coke...Mox vs. Punk to unify the titles apparently on free TV next week?? That's a relatively big match by AEW standards, should be used to, I dunno, SELL A PPV??
    back on twitter