Page 73 of 101 FirstFirst ... 7172737475 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrasslin'

Re: Wrasslin'

So the guy that attacked Rollins had been catfished by a fake Rollins account and the did apparently entered into what he thought was a business venture with the fake rollins and sent him a bunch of money. They said that eventually the guy's girlfriend was arrested for a fake check that was from the fake Rollins. The fake Rollins stopped communicating with him and he planned this attack since 2019.

This sounds like an angle lol. I know AEW is getting steam but geez Vince come on

Blog Entries

AEW is finally coming back to DC for Dynamite and Rampage. Definitely going to Dynamite, might go to Rampage.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    The MJF/Punk promo last night was, in my opinion, the best 20~ minutes of wrestling television since the Mankind/Rock "This Is Your Life" promo back in 1999. This was a highly anticipated mic confrontation and it did not disappoint at all.
    It was a great promo - one of the best I have ever seen. Maybe Rowdy Roddy was better at times, but this was first rate. I am guessing WWE is looking at MJF.

AEW is finally coming back to DC for Dynamite and Rampage. Definitely going to Dynamite, might go to Rampage.
    I believe they are the same show, with Rampage being taped after Dynamite ends. So you get both shows for the same ticket.

I am going to the Raleigh show on Jan 12. :)

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    I believe they are the same show, with Rampage being taped after Dynamite ends. So you get both shows for the same ticket.

I am going to the Raleigh show on Jan 12. :)

I'm jealous you get them both in one night, this one is actually a 2 night show. I guess Rampage will be live. The place is only like 45 mins from where I live, so I could go to both but...Rampage really hasn't been that good and I'm not sure I want to sit through 2 hours of dark matches before it (says it starts at 8). I am going to try to get really good seats since I'm going by myself (my wife isn't ready to go to something like this yet post-COVID and generally, I have no friends that like wrestling).
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

I'm jealous you get them both in one night, this one is actually a 2 night show. I guess Rampage will be live. The place is only like 45 mins from where I live, so I could go to both but...Rampage really hasn't been that good and I'm not sure I want to sit through 2 hours of dark matches before it (says it starts at 8). I am going to try to get really good seats since I'm going by myself (my wife isn't ready to go to something like this yet post-COVID and generally, I have no friends that like wrestling).
    My buddy jumped on during the pre-sales and the floor seats were selling rather quickly. We were trying for ringside but he was waiting confirmation from someone else and we ended up getting floor seats in a corner section on 8th row. Still not bad at all for $65. The 2 sections of floor by the ramp were selling for $300 plus last time I checked but were also $65 during the pre-sale. They just didn't have enough together for our group so we got what was available and those sections.

I agree, Rampage hasn't been all that good and I probably wouldn't buy tickets to just that show, but since it's all in the same night I won't complain one bit. Lol.

I think they do some Dark Elevation stuff as well so it will be a long night of wrestling. At least it will be broken up and they seem to have an excellent atmosphere with the crowd so I don't expect it to feel like sitting through a WWE show. They used to be much more crowd friendly with stuff during their commercial breaks. When I went to RAW a month or so ago in Raleigh they didn't do much of anything between the breaks other than dim the lights and show stuff on the Tron. No t-shirt launching, no crowd hyping or anything. Willing to bet AEW is more fan friendly than that.

Blog Entries

Cody putting himself through a flaming table shirtless to try and get the fans back on his side? Spot was botched as usual, and looked completely ridiculous, with Andrade basically going over the table and not taking the table bump at all while Cody went right through it, but Andrade then laid and let Cody cover him...stupid, dumb. This is probably one of those things you shouldn't do if you can't get it right given the danger involved.
    back on twitter

Blog Entries

Got Floor 2 Row D, so assuming 4th row, will be best seats I've ever had for a wrestling show.
    back on twitter

Got Floor 2 Row D, so assuming 4th row, will be best seats I've ever had for a wrestling show.
    Awesome!! Row 8 floor will be closest for me as well.

I'm jealous, good for you!

Blog Entries

AEW did under 900k and honestly good. If it makes Khan realize nobody wants to see Punk wrestle competitive matches against underneath job talent that should be on Dark then the rating did it's job. To say nothing of putting Sting and Darby against the Gunn Club. I can give a pass to Danielson match against the Dark Order guy because that was basically a squash.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
    back on twitter

Blog Entries

Also, I'm pretty sure Punk has creative control (or at least a heavy influence/ability to yes or no things) so if he's the one wanting to wrestle a guy like Lee Moriarty - okay - but you need to put that on Rampage or Dark. It's just weird, there's tons of guys that aren't necessarily "money" matches needing to be on PPV that they could do with Punk that people would actually be interested in, like Ricky Starks which was teased but never went anywhere. Putting him against a guy who as far as I can remember has almost never been on Dynamite was a weird and possibly arrogant decision by whoever decided on the match. By the way, this match followed him wrestling QT Marshall last week, who I mean there's nothing wrong with, but he's basically Barry Horowitz in this promotion. Such a complete waste and risk of devaluing the biggest star you have. I don't get it. I don't get what the story is here.
    back on twitter