Page 70 of 101 FirstFirst ... 6869707172 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrasslin'

Blog Entries

Re: Wrasslin'

I watched some of them. The Grizzly Smith one was something. That was a tough watch. I need to watch the Plane Ride from Hell one in it's entirety.

You should watch the Biography show on A&E that WWE did. Compare the Warrior show on that which was basically all fluff to the Dark Side of the Ring one that portrays him as he truly was. The other Biography ones are really good though. Austin, Foley, to name a couple.

Cornette has talked about most of the DSOR episodes on his podcast. The one where he talks about the Grizzly episode was almost as fascinating as the episode itself - highly recommend to listen if you have time.

back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I watched some of them. The Grizzly Smith one was something. That was a tough watch. I need to watch the Plane Ride from Hell one in it's entirety.

You should watch the Biography show on A&E that WWE did. Compare the Warrior show on that which was basically all fluff to the Dark Side of the Ring one that portrays him as he truly was. The other Biography ones are really good though. Austin, Foley, to name a couple.

Cornette has talked about most of the DSOR episodes on his podcast. The one where he talks about the Grizzly episode was almost as fascinating as the episode itself - highly recommend to listen if you have time.

Thanks I'll check that out.

The Plane ride from hell episode was not kind to Tommy Dreamer. He was dumb for saying what he said and shoulda expected the backlash

Just dropping in to remind everyone that the Young Bucks are garbage.....

Botched their own double team move as usual and then couldn't lift Luchasaurus and made Omega look like a botching buffoon. That was all on the Bucks not lifting Luchasaurus. Lol. I still can't wrap my head around how anyone can think they are good, let alone "the best tag team in the World" smh

Also, during the opening match announcements, they got crickets when they were introduced while everyone else in that match got a nice reaction. :)

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

I can still get down with the Bucks in some matches, like I really liked the match against the Lucha Bros on the PPV, but overall, yeah, they kind of have go-away heat same as the Good Brothers for me at this point (GB have great merch tho). Nothing about their weird gimmick is explained on TV so I have no idea what they are doing, and I'm not watching BTE or anything else to find out lol. I love Omega and Cole but the others in that group need to go away, do something else...

Having guys now who can wrestle actual matches definitely makes you see the gymnastics expos in a different light. Not that I don't enjoy them from time to time, but you can see what is wrestling and what isn't lol.

Shida vs. Deeb was great, I wish the crowd was more into it. Deeb is so good but she has no personality at all.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Watched all the episodes of Rhodes to the Top with my wife last night. Honestly, I like it. I'm not a big Cody or Brandi fan but the behind the scenes in AEW is cool to see, and the show is overall fun to watch.
    back on twitter

Blog Entries

Lot of drama around Charlotte and WWE right now. Really has been since before WM and the Andrade stuff.

"For those who have asked, Flair was not backstage at AEW in Orlando, Florida over the weekend, although she has visited backstage in the past as Andrade el Idolo works for the company. We are told that there were those in her circle that were privately pushing the idea of her trying to get out of her WWE deal, but realistically, no one expects that to actually happen as of this writing"
    Not a big Charlotte fan but if she was ever free of WWE she'd be an enormous get for AEW.
    back on twitter

Lot of drama around Charlotte and WWE right now. Really has been since before WM and the Andrade stuff.

Not a big Charlotte fan but if she was ever free of WWE she'd be an enormous get for AEW.
    I cannot see her leaving WWE as they push her more than any other female star outside of Becky.

It would be huge news media wise, but she would ruin what they are building. Most AEW diehards I've seen have been saying to keep her far away. Lol. I think she still has around 4 years on her current WWE contract so it won't be happening anytime soon. She can isolate herself in the locker room and go off script all she wants, but there's no way Vince let's her jump ship. (I know, Braun and Bray seemed safe from releases and they are gone so anything is possible)

I've never been a fan of her and have said time and time again she only cares about making herself look good and no sells moves a lot. That's the last thing a growing AEW women's division needs! Plus, Charlotte would be so out of place with the more indie style women there.

Side note...I do find it funny how a bunch of the released WWE wrestlers are now talking crap since they have other work options where as before it was always positive "I love WWE and thank them for the opportunity" Hell, the former Iiconics said they "will never go back to WWE" and it took them longer than most of the others that were released to find a new landing spot (Impact)

It appears ROH is finished. They posted they would be revamping at the start of the new year for the 1st quarter, then released the entire roster from their contracts. Maybe they do plan to revamp and start back up and they were just giving their talent the opportunity to find jobs elsewhere? But the overall concensus is that it's done at the end of the year.

Has anyone listened to the My World podcast with Jeff Jarrett and Conrad Thompson? I started listening to it a few weeks ago and really enjoy it (as I do with most Conrad podcasts). I never cared for Jeff and heard all about the heat he has had in his career and I always disliked his character. That being said I watched a short documentary a few years ago on him getting into the HOF and I really gained an appreciation for him and he seemed like a good guy. Now listening to this podcast I really like Jeff.

Blog Entries

If AEW isn't working on bringing Paige van Zant in as a future member of their women's division they are dropping the ball. She is a natural on the mic, she obviously looks amazing, she also *looks* like she's having a ton of fun and with her athletic background she'll be able to pick it up and have a basic match. There's money there and if Khan doesn't do it, Vince will.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
    back on twitter

Blog Entries

More WWE releases today headlined by Keith Lee who would be my bet for first black AEW champion.

Nia Jax also thankfully finally released.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
    back on twitter