Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Re: How Trump Lost an Evangelical Stalwart

Quote Originally Posted by Cornelious View Post
    The evangelicals have prostituted their flimsy gods for their stupid grievances.
    Galen, we have been through this, you couldn't respond to my takes in this area. I left the thread pinned for 3 or more years waiting for you and nothing.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    There is nothing wrong with holding that point of view or even advocating for it. The part that I object to is when evangelicals claim that their support for a particular politician is based in moral righteousness. It is not. It is solely based on a political agenda, which makes them no different than any other political faction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Protecting innocent life is the foundation or moral righteousness.

"Christianity Today sees boost in new subscriptions after calling for Trump's removal: editor in chief"

"Christianity Today Editor in Chief Mark Galli said on Sunday that his evangelical magazine has seen a surge in new subscriptions since it published his scathing editorial calling for President Trump’s removal from office.

“A stereotypical response is ‘thank you, thank you, thank you’ with a string of a hundred exclamation points — ‘you’ve said what I’ve been thinking but haven’t been able to articulate, I’m not crazy,‘” Galli told MSNBC.

“We have lost subscribers, but we’ve had 3 times as many people start to subscribe,” he continued"

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/4...er-calling-for

Glad to see this guy sticking to his story and not caving to the pos in the white house... otherwise now known as IMPOTUS. Unless the evangelicals give up their need for big strong authoritarian Daddy Trump, his 38% approval will continue to destroy what remains of American democracy.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Protecting innocent life is the foundation or moral righteousness.
    That is a very politically expedient position to take. So, supporting politicians of low moral character is fine, but only if they support your view on the abortion issue.

“When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Blog Entries

That is a very politically expedient position to take. So, supporting politicians of low moral character is fine, but only if they support your view on the abortion issue.

Ok... let's go with this thought. What other option do you suggest?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    There is nothing wrong with supporting politicians that share your political agenda. Just don’t be a hypocrite by criticizing other politicians that don’t agree with you for their moral failings. Evangelicals should just own the fact that a politician’s moral character has nothing to do with whether they support them or not. They are a political faction and should not claim to be anything more than that.

“When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Blog Entries

There is nothing wrong with supporting politicians that share your political agenda. Just don’t be a hypocrite by criticizing other politicians that don’t agree with you for their moral failings. Evangelicals should just own the fact that a politician’s moral character has nothing to do with whether they support them or not. They are a political faction and should not claim to be anything more than that.

I think a baseline, agreed-upon definition for "moral/morality" needs to happen. Without that...no one is ever going to agree on things.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    They should have voted for that morally upright Hillary Clinton

Blog Entries

OK... I feel like you're kinda all over the place and really far off from where you started.

I'm not even sure what you're complaining about now. Is it that evangelicals only care about getting politicians/judges in power who oppose abortion or they criticize politicians who disagree?

Exactly. And crap on every other life that isn't old white Male heterosexual Christian.

The so called "moral evangelical right" has whored out their religion for a political clown using them to further his own wealth and they are too aggrieved to see it.

Good to see some of them are finally waking up to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornelious View Post
    Exactly. And crap on every other life that isn't old white Male heterosexual Christian.

The so called "moral evangelical right" has whored out their religion for a political clown using them to further his own wealth and they are too aggrieved to see it.

Good to see some of them are finally waking up to it.
    Man, watching you come apart is so much fun I wanna wrap it and stick it under the tree.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

I don't know of anybody who voted for Trump because he's a nice guy. Nobody I know of ever claimed to. He's far better than any of the alternatives which is an utter breakdown of society which we see whenever democrats take control. If you want an evangelical spin, God has used bad people to accomplish great things throughout history. Obama may or may not be a nicer guy than Trump, but Trump is a much better President.

I didn't vote for Trump because of his pro-life views. I voted for him because of lower taxes, stronger borders, and strengthening the economy. He's delivered on all of those so he's earned my vote again. The fact that you're too stupid or bigoted to speak with someone who disagrees with you to find out why they voted the way they did, relying instead on propaganda and your own ignorance to infer reason, tells us a lot about the kind of person you are.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock