Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Rallying cry of the Never-Trumpers!

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    This is just dumb. Obama has dictatorial powers with the “Justice” Department acting as his Gestapo. Add to it, we finally get a President who wants to better America as opposed to some Muslim Country and these idiots go wild.
    What's sobering is that so many of you kooks actually think this is true.

Quote Originally Posted by RFChuck View Post
    I call bullshit -- you have never respected a republican. Period. End of story. The only time you have anything nice to say about any republican is when they speak out against Trump.
    Can't speak for Corny, but for the record I myself have voted for a Repub presidential candidate before, and have respected Repubs in the past.

But certainly not in the past 10 to 15 yrs*. Unless they speak out against Trump, I guess.

* I know there's a minor exception here & there, that I'm having trouble remembering: examples my wife has read to me from the news where a "local" Repub official has done something surpripsing or noteworthy. They exist; but too few to carry any real weight.
    Last edited by JimZipCode; 12-18-2019 at 09:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    I find it ironic this group names their project after Lincoln, a president who did things that were impeachable.
    Oh, this should be fun! What's your hot take on Lincoln's impeachable conduct?

It boils down to this, they think govt is the solution and that they, in their ultimate wisdom, should be allowed by govt to institute their plans
    Demonstrably false.

I'm sorry but nobody who is rationally thinking would say these guys are conservative republicans or even libertarian republicans. These are the "I'm just here to power-broker, make my buddies rich, and enable garbage policy that grows government republicans". They lose elections all the time because their message is that of George H.W. Bush's "compassionate conservatism", which lost because it isn't actual conservatism. Basically, they are the worst of the republican party. They are the religious-sanctimonious, anti-gay, pro-useless war, military industrial complex loving, neo-conservatives that reach across the aisle only when it enriches them.

Any liberal who ACTUALLY follows politics would hate these guys more than anything, but they are saying bad things about Trump so they are your buddies. Take off the "Trump is the worst" glasses for just a minute and realize he actually accomplished a LOT of things Obama promised and didn't deliver on. We are removed from most of the military conflicts we were engaged in with exception to Afghanistan, and he is working on that as well alongside Rand Paul. He is the first pro-gay marriage president to enter office with that stance. He passed prison reform. He offered making DACA permanent. He has actually reduced subsidies to foreign energy companies. These are ALL stances the Democrats have said that they stood for not even 5 years ago... and he has had to fight them on every single one of these.

I know every liberal on this post is about to clutch their pearls... but on most topics, Trump is very centrist.

But we have these yahoos saying they'd rather see Democrats control the congress and judiciary if it meant beating Trump? How is that even approaching conservatism??? We currently have the most self-destructive, left leaning democrat party since FDR... and they feel that NOW is the time to hand it over??? You'd have to have zero knowledge of American History, American Politics, or behavioral science to know that this is the most laughable stance posted since Mondale told the country he was going to raise their taxes while debating an insanely popular Reagan....
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." -Margaret Mead

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Oh, this should be fun! What's your hot take on Lincoln's impeachable conduct?

Demonstrably false.
    Gee I don know he shut down newspapers that disagreed with him and you know all those arrests of people who also disagreed with him

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DitkasSausage View Post
    I'm sorry but nobody who is rationally thinking would say these guys are conservative republicans or even libertarian republicans. These are the "I'm just here to power-broker, make my buddies rich, and enable garbage policy that grows government republicans". They lose elections all the time because their message is that of George H.W. Bush's "compassionate conservatism", which lost because it isn't actual conservatism. Basically, they are the worst of the republican party. They are the religious-sanctimonious, anti-gay, pro-useless war, military industrial complex loving, neo-conservatives that reach across the aisle only when it enriches them.

Any liberal who ACTUALLY follows politics would hate these guys more than anything, but they are saying bad things about Trump so they are your buddies. Take off the "Trump is the worst" glasses for just a minute and realize he actually accomplished a LOT of things Obama promised and didn't deliver on. We are removed from most of the military conflicts we were engaged in with exception to Afghanistan, and he is working on that as well alongside Rand Paul. He is the first pro-gay marriage president to enter office with that stance. He passed prison reform. He offered making DACA permanent. He has actually reduced subsidies to foreign energy companies. These are ALL stances the Democrats have said that they stood for not even 5 years ago... and he has had to fight them on every single one of these.

I know every liberal on this post is about to clutch their pearls... but on most topics, Trump is very centrist.

But we have these yahoos saying they'd rather see Democrats control the congress and judiciary if it meant beating Trump? How is that even approaching conservatism??? We currently have the most self-destructive, left leaning democrat party since FDR... and they feel that NOW is the time to hand it over??? You'd have to have zero knowledge of American History, American Politics, or behavioral science to know that this is the most laughable stance posted since Mondale told the country he was going to raise their taxes while debating an insanely popular Reagan....
    Isnt that exactly what Bernie and Warren are doing?
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by RFChuck View Post
    I call bullshit -- you have never respected a republican. Period. End of story. The only time you have anything nice to say about any republican is when they speak out against REPUBLICANS.
    I fixed it for you

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    What's sobering is that so many of you kooks actually think this is true.
    So, every past president has reached out to foreign leaders for help. And now Trump asking Ukraine to look into a scandal, is impeachable?

I guess you have no issue with the last president using the gov to dig up dirt on his opposition?

This impeachment hoax is laughable. Anyone the follows politics can see the dem hypocrisy. And those that dont follow it, have lost interest

Funny watching Schumer have a temper tantrum yesterday.

I hope the senate drags this out for months.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Isnt that exactly what Bernie and Warren are doing?
    I will give them credit... they framed it WAAAY better than Mondale but yes... that is ultimately what they are doing. The benefit they have over Mondale is the Department of Education has taken hold and taught a few generations now that government is about "fairness" and making sure everyone gets their "fair share" and that hard work, regardless of value, should be rewarded equally. Those concepts don't make sense to people that are able to think rationally. The government is NOT at all about creating fairness, but instead, about communal protection (military and border security are handled by the Executive with passive being under the sole control of the executive such as border security, and active, such as war, generally needed approval from congress), and agreed upon law (congress creates them, and the judicial branch interprets them in case of a dispute)... that is literally their only functions. One can argue that international relationships also falls under executive as well.

Bernie and Warren have dug in on this mantra that life is about fairness, which is fantasy. People are born with different abilities and skills which immediately dismisses any concept of fairness.
    Look at every speech Bernie and Warren give. It is about how much some have compared to others, and how unfair it is. It's a garbage sentiment that isn't rooted in any real form of governance. On top of which, they fail to point out that their concept of inherited wealth creating unfairness is also rooted in total nonsense. 89% of the Fortune 500 companies since 1955 have gone bankrupt. Only 55 companies in the US have maintained their Fortune 500 company status since 1955, and you can absolutely name all of them and the incredibly valuable services that have driven our country towards far more prosperity than any single government program over that same time period.
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." -Margaret Mead

Gee I don know he shut down newspapers that disagreed with him and you know all those arrests of people who also disagreed with him
    Interesting historical note about Lincoln and the Democrats of the era...

Democrats boycotted Lincoln's inauguration because of his radical position on the issue of slavery. Lincoln wanted to end it, and the Democrats vehemently opposed him for it. Let that sink in.

Gee I don know he shut down newspapers that disagreed with him
    Actually he didn't. In most cases those were actions of soldiers reporting up to him (generals in charge of districts or whatever), and when the news filtered up to him he countermanded the order. Also a lot of the actions against newspapers were riots by citizenry. Tough to impeach the prez for actions of a mob; though it's possible the local military commanders turned a blind eye or a "boys will be boys" attitude about it.

There's a great, measured piece at the Newseum about Lincoln's relationship with the press:
    Aside from the case of two Copperhead newspapers in New York in mid 1864, the writer generally finds Lincoln remarkable for the restraint he exercised in First Amendment -related matters.

...and you know all those arrests of people who also disagreed with him
    Don't be vague. Which arrests of people who "disagreed" with him? What specifically about the conduct is "impeachable"?

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    Interesting historical note about Lincoln and the Democrats of the era:

Democrats boycotted Lincoln's inauguration because of his radical position on the issue of slavery. Lincoln wanted to end it, and the Democrats vehemently opposed him for it. Let that sink in.
    Lol! "Let that sink in." As if there is any relationship at all between the parties of that era and this. Sure: the 1960s never happened, Dixiecrats never left the Dems after the Civil Rights Acts and Nixon never adopted a Southern Strategy.

Ok boomer.