Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL 100 Team.

Blog Entries

NFL 100 Team.

This is the first section that I got completely right: The TEs. The only one I wasn't sure of was Winslow, but I had a feeling that Sharpe wouldn't make it over Winslow. Especially, given Winslow's role in the Coryell offense. So, I got all five right.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Re: NFL 100 Team.

Mazel tov

Blog Entries

I came close on the Safeties. I had Krause over Wilson. So, only 5/6.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

So far, looking at the overall team, I don't see many, if any, that I can honestly argue with, without showing a gluten of recency bias.

Baltimore is VERY well represented on this list. And there's still1 more player to appear. 9 players so far on the roster have been In Baltimore for at least part of their career. 3 Ravens (Ray, Ed, and JO), 4 Colts (Marchetti, Parker, Mackey, and Moore), and 2 short term Ravens (Sanders and Woodson). That leaves Unitas as a lock for QB. No less than 10% of the players were in Baltimore for at least part of their career (however brief), and 8 of them made their names here.

Not bad for a city that "should build another museum."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cvilleRaven View Post
    Baltimore is VERY well represented on this list. And there's still1 more player to appear. 9 players so far on the roster have been In Baltimore for at least part of their career. 3 Ravens (Ray, Ed, and JO), 4 Colts (Marchetti, Parker, Mackey, and Moore), and 2 short term Ravens (Sanders and Woodson). That leaves Unitas as a lock for QB. No less than 10% of the players were in Baltimore for at least part of their career (however brief), and 8 of them made their names here.

Not bad for a city that "should build another museum."
    Another reason why I hate Washington teams with a passion.

If Tucker had played longer he would have made the team. And he doesn’t have a Super Bowl clinching kick on his resume yet.

I’m being biased, but Tucker should have made the cut.

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    If Tucker had played longer he would have made the team. And he doesn’t have a Super Bowl clinching kick on his resume yet.

I’m being biased, but Tucker should have made the cut.
    I'm ok with Tucker not being on there for the first 100 year all time 100 roster. He doesn't have the years, and he doesn't have a trio of game winning Super Bowl kicks (but he does have 1 in his short career).

Give him time - he'll be on the 125th anniversary team.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cvilleRaven View Post
    I'm ok with Tucker not being on there for the first 100 year all time 100 roster. He doesn't have the years, and he doesn't have a trio of game winning Super Bowl kicks (but he does have 1 in his short career).

Give him time - he'll be on the 125th anniversary team.
    Yeah. He's going to be on that team if they do it, but you can't push off a pioneer for him. It would be like, in the mid 2000s, saying that Manning should get in over Unitas. When many of the aspects of the offense that Manning ran, were pioneered by Unitas.

OZie on nfl100 team?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    OZie on nfl100 team?
    You're right. I missed that. I thought there would be six. There was only five.

Blog Entries

Landry made it over Walsh at Coach.