Mind boggling stats from the 1st seven to the last 7 games for Lamar

About The Other Night…

Shawn Hubbard/Baltimore Ravens

A 42-21 victory in which the Ravens clinched their 2nd consecutive AFC North title, and what a night it was for Lamar Jackson, as he broke the single-season rushing record for a quarterback, previously held by a guy who jumped off the Lamar bandwagon in the offseason to devote his affection to Kyler Murray, only to jump back on the LJ Train once he took off this season (real fans don’t forget, Mike Vick).

While the victory was sweet, the record for Lamar was amazing, and knowing the Ravens truly need just one more win to lock up the top seed in the AFC is just flat out mind-blowing? This one stat absolutely blew me away.

Lamar Jackson (W1-7): 7G, 136/215 (63.3%) 1,650 yds (12.1 ypc), 11 TD, 5 INT, 83 carries, 576 yds (6.94 ypa) 3 rush TD

Lamar Jackson (W8-14): 7G, 109/155 (70.32%) 1,239 yds (11.4 ypc) 22 TD, 1 INT, 76 carries, 527 yds (6.93 ypa) 4 rush TD

Not only did Lamar Jackson improve from 2018 to 2019, he’s shown within the 2019 season he continues to improve with time, and quite frankly? That should have 31 other franchises terrified of what the future holds for Lamar and his Ravens…

Re: Mind boggling stats from the 1st seven to the last 7 games for Lamar

add to the fact how young this offense is and these guys are going to grow with Lamar.

I think even with a Super Bowl Yanda would come back for a year or two. He’s still playing at an elite level and it’s clear he’s having a ton of fun.

Our entire offense is coming back (Hopefully Roman too). Outside of Yanda, Snead and Ingram everyone on offense is still scratching the surface. Hollywood doesn’t have the stats this year as some other rookie WRs but I’m super impressed w him and I think he’s destined for the Andrews type year 2 jump. If Boykin can get 10-15% better would be huge.

I remember how I used to use the offense for bathroom breaks or Redzone channel watching. Now I refuse to move when they're on the field.

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: Mind boggling stats from the 1st seven to the last 7 games for Lamar

Quote Originally Posted by dscola31 View Post
    I remember how I used to use the offense for bathroom breaks or Redzone channel watching. Now I refuse to move when they're on the field.
    LOL 31, that is about as good as any definition of our offense that I've heard or read... Bc

Honestly, this is a statement to an improved defense as much as it points towards Lamar’s improvement.

Not a shot to Lamar, but this shows a clear change in field position based on the jump in TD’s compared to reduced aggregate stats elsewhere. It absolutely shows improved Red Zone production so this is no slight to Lamar, he’s simply also getting more help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Honestly, this is a statement to an improved defense as much as it points towards Lamar’s improvement.

Not a shot to Lamar, but this shows a clear change in field position based on the jump in TD’s compared to reduced aggregate stats elsewhere. It absolutely shows improved Red Zone production so this is no slight to Lamar, he’s simply also getting more help.
    Average drive start weeks 1-7: own 29.7yd line
    Average drive start weeks 8-14: own 32.8yd line

so starting your drive 3.1 yards closer on average helps, but doesn't come close to accounting for twice as many touchdowns.

his TD:Int ratio went from 2.2TDs/Int to 22. that's remarkable! that's a 1000% improvement.