Blog Entries

Nobody should be surprised

Don't know if this has been posted before, but it's a great article.

https://draftwire.usatoday.com/2019/...ns-louisville/

Re: Nobody should be surprised

What the writer said about Lamar Jackson before the 2019 draft:

"We all know what the “prototypical NFL quarterback” looks like, and guys like Rosen, Darnold, Allen and Rudolph all fit the bill. But if I were an NFL general manager, I’d rather swing for the fences on a rare talent who might require some creativity, rather than “playing it safe” with another cookie-cutter pocket passer. You feel more comfortable drafting the Blaine Gabberts, Christian Ponders, EJ Manuels, Brady Quinns, J.P. Losmans, Kyle Bollers, Joey Harringtons, Patrick Ramseys, JaMarcus Russells, Tim Couches, Akili Smiths, Ryan Leafs, Jason Campbells, Cade McNowns and Jim Druckenmillers? Knock yourself out. I’d rather ride or die with a player who could break the mold and become something the league has never seen before."

Blog Entries

Re: Nobody should be surprised

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    What the writer said about Lamar Jackson before the 2019 draft:

"We all know what the “prototypical NFL quarterback” looks like, and guys like Rosen, Darnold, Allen and Rudolph all fit the bill. But if I were an NFL general manager, I’d rather swing for the fences on a rare talent who might require some creativity, rather than “playing it safe” with another cookie-cutter pocket passer. You feel more comfortable drafting the Blaine Gabberts, Christian Ponders, EJ Manuels, Brady Quinns, J.P. Losmans, Kyle Bollers, Joey Harringtons, Patrick Ramseys, JaMarcus Russells, Tim Couches, Akili Smiths, Ryan Leafs, Jason Campbells, Cade McNowns and Jim Druckenmillers? Knock yourself out. I’d rather ride or die with a player who could break the mold and become something the league has never seen before."
    He should be proud of himself. He was certainly prescient.