Thread: James Urban

James Urban

While we've been giving all the credit to Roman, what about Urban?

Kudos to Roman for the scheme and playcalling but I think its James Urban that has had the biggest impact in coaching up Lamars passing mechanics.

Michael Vick in 2010 had his best passing season that year statistically. 21 TD to just INTs and 9 rushing touchdowns which was also the most of his career. The Eagles were the 2nd ranked offense that year.

If Roman was ever taken from us by another team, I think Urban could fill in nicely as OC
    Consider the ravens: they neither sow nor reap, they have neither storehouse nor barn, and yet God feeds them. Of how much more value are you than the birds!

Luke 12:24

Re: James Urban

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    If Roman was ever taken from us by another team, I think Urban could fill in nicely as OC
    Good call. It should be an internal candidiate who can basically bring back the same offense. Lamar seems to like him too. He's always one of the names he brings up when he's spreading the credit for his success.

Maybe Urban can be a good OC, but I’m crediting 2010 Vick to Andy Reid. Vick has even said as much.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...eid-helped-him

I think the only real threats to this offense sputtering out are injuries, and coaches being plucked. I hope the Biscuit is ready to dole out some of that increased revenue the Ravens are getting for actually being marketable and fun to watch to these assistants!

It'd be between him and David Culley as the new OC imo.

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    Maybe Urban can be a good OC, but I’m crediting 2010 Vick to Andy Reid. Vick has even said as much.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...eid-helped-him
    He's also been talking up urban from some of the articles I've seen as well.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

I’m definitely team Culley if we lose Roman

Hadn't thought about Culley. I just want a guy that can manage this same type of offense but above all else I want LJ to be able to run it no matter who the OC is

Literally all of the offensive coaches have done a terrific job.

However, I'd wager Culley would end up getting the OC Job if Roman leaves

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    He's also been talking up urban from some of the articles I've seen as well.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
    Good. I would hate to lose Roman after one year at OC. Seems like any decent Ravens coach gets plucked.

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    Good. I would hate to lose Roman after one year at OC. Seems like any decent Ravens coach gets plucked.
    Roman to Carolina for a cam reclamation job sounds like an obvious storyline after the Ravens third Lombardi is hoisted in February.,,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    I’m definitely team Culley if we lose Roman
    I'm convinced that Harbs promised Culley that he'd be next-in-line if Roman got a chance to be HC.