Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

marcus peters was pissed

I love Marcus Peters. Saved our bacon last week. But, you knew there'd be a but, he was fortunate he didn't give up two easy touchdowns against the Jets. And the look on his face and body language said he knew it. He wasn't happy. His man dropped an easy touchdown in the end zone on a play where he wasn't within 5 yards of the receiver. I think it was Bell who dropped it. The second play he was fortunate the ball was overthrown because his man was wide open, again, he wasn't within 5 yards of the receiver. He looked disgusted after both plays. Just wondering if there's a communication issue or if he isn't yet up to speed on the coverages or just chalk it up to football happens?

Re: marcus peters was pissed

Short week means not a lot of time to film study tendencies, etc.

I think the one play he bit on a double move...

Quote Originally Posted by KbubbaK View Post
    I love Marcus Peters. Saved our bacon last week. But, you knew there'd be a but, he was fortunate he didn't give up two easy touchdowns against the Jets. And the look on his face and body language said he knew it. He wasn't happy. His man dropped an easy touchdown in the end zone on a play where he wasn't within 5 yards of the receiver. I think it was Bell who dropped it. The second play he was fortunate the ball was overthrown because his man was wide open, again, he wasn't within 5 yards of the receiver. He looked disgusted after both plays. Just wondering if there's a communication issue or if he isn't yet up to speed on the coverages or just chalk it up to football happens?
    The one where Crowder dropped it, he was covering someone else.

It was a 3 bunch set, 2 corners went with the guy who ran inside, Peters took the guy in the middle and nobody covered Crowder. That's a play that's hard to know who had that responsibility, he looked pissed as if he expected someone else to cover over there...it was obviously a blown coverage with 2 guys that ran off with one.

The one down the sideline looked like cover 2, and he didn't get good depth and the safety didn't get over quick enough...both he and the safety didn't play that one well.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Marlon had it rough last night.. I'd like to chalk it up to a short week and having to play out of position in the slot.

Blog Entries

They’re doing a lot of cover zero and blitzing the house. It’s a high risk reward approach.
    It’s gambling and winning

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    They’re doing a lot of cover zero and blitzing the house. It’s a high risk reward approach.
    It’s gambling and winning
    Not last night they weren’t. Seemed pretty vanilla to me. I’ll be interested to see the actual numbers when they come out, but I saw a lot of straight four-man rush.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Chin up, chest out."

8. Re: marcus peters was pissed

Quote Originally Posted by 00000 View Post
    Marlon had it rough last night.. I'd like to chalk it up to a short week and having to play out of position in the slot.
    I read somewhere that a majority of his snaps since Peters arrived are in the slot.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

One of the "completetions he gave up" was where Smith (?) motioned across the formation and ran a wheel up the sideline. The Ravens were in quarters and it went in literally the only weak spot. Over top of Peters, but underneath to the side of the FS which I believe was ETIII.

Not much you can do about that. Perfectly placed ball.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Gotta take the good with the bad. Peters is an all pro

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Not much you can do about that. Perfectly placed ball.
    Darnold had a couple of those. Still 22. Maybe I should stop thinking of him as a joke just because he's a Jet. He might become very good.

Blog Entries

one of the plays where Peters looked pissed, he went right over to ET and it seemed like he was saying that was ETs fault because he was supposed to pick up the player. I just saw this from highlights ( I havent had time to rewatch the game yet)