Page 4 of 58 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Terrell Suggs put onto waivers by the Cardinals. Do we bring him back?

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    Who do we cut?
    The Ravens could cut place Chris Board on i.r. due to him having a concussion.

Quote Originally Posted by AlbionHero View Post
    They'd still have him for next year too unless they cut him and accept the dead money
    Pretty sure the team that releases him has to incur the dead money on their cap. Not sure how much of a signing bonus he got though.
    Bleed Purple but don't be a homer

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    All I see is 2 years 10 million. Not sure how that breaks down or impacts this year's salary cap.

We don't have much room, so Ravens might have to let him pass thru waivers first?
    535k for the rest of next year and then he would have a cap hit of 4 mil next year - would cost us 2 mil to cut him after this year. Hefty price.

I absolutely would bring him back...he's familiar, a fan fav, and would be a huge help with the edge defense at minimum.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Pretty sure the team that releases him has to incur the dead money on their cap. Not sure how much of a signing bonus he got though.
    Isn't that only the case if he actually goes through waivers? Otherwise the team claiming him would just take on all the contract

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I absolutely would bring him back...he's familiar, a fan fav, and would be a huge help with the edge defense at minimum.
    Exactly my thoughts

After the 9er's showed were vulnerable on the edge, we should bring him in for that alone.

Judon already weighing in imploring him "To come back home".......

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    Actually this makes sense. I think the signing bonus is accelerated so that the signing team is responsible for all of it. Which would mean he would be owed 535k this year and 2 million in salary next year.
    Exactly!!

T Sizzle back? Fo shizzle my nizzle said the Swedish white guy.

Quote Originally Posted by cjandrze View Post
    I think Pittsburgh signing him would hurt worse. Especially if they make the playoffs with him.
    I know money talks...but if either of these organizations claimed him off waivers...I am fairly certain he would file retirement papers.

How many F$&k Pittsburgh shirts does he own...he has never hid his dislike of Brady either.

The biggest threat against us is KC, especially with Andy Reid's tendency to run screen passes.

Can anyone tell me the last time screens were particularly effective against Suggs?

Quote Originally Posted by AlbionHero View Post
    Isn't that only the case if he actually goes through waivers? Otherwise the team claiming him would just take on all the contract
    They would take on the contract but not the signing bonus portion. I'll defer to our very own capologist to clarify.