Page 23 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2122232425 ... LastLast

Re: Terrell Suggs put onto waivers by the Cardinals. Do we bring him back?

I also agree with the previous post. Tyus bowser finally get the playing time to get the on-field experience. Is Suggs going to agree to play a rotational role? And play behind bowser?

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 1m1 minute ago

Though he is eligible to be claimed on waivers at 4 pm ET Monday, former Cardinals’ pass rusher Terrell Suggs will strongly consider not reporting to his new claiming team if it is anyone other than the Baltimore Ravens, per league sources.

Quote Originally Posted by Yogidriver View Post
    I don't mean to say he'd be a problem like AB. I mean it could be a problem because he was a team captain, the elder statesman and former best player on the defense, and the voice of the Ravens. Now, other players have taken over those responsibilities and the team hasn't really missed him. He'd have to accept probably a minor role in the DE rotation and listen instead of being THE guy it all revolves around. It could create some unnecessary confusion.

If the pass rush and defensive end play wasn't improving and the Ravens were desperate then maybe give him a shot. I just don't think they need him given the way they are playing.
    Suggs is still revered in the Ravens locker room and would go back to leadership status immediately. These guys want to win and if they believe he can help them they will welcome him with open arms. Remember other than Earl and Jimmy none of them have been to the show. Suggs can help lead the way defensively.

4. Re: Terrell Suggs put onto waivers by the Cardinals. Do we bring him back?

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post

Barf

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

He needs to be put on the spot by a reporter. Why the hell did he leave in the first place? Nothing I have heard so far make any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    He needs to be put on the spot by a reporter. Why the hell did he leave in the first place? Nothing I have heard so far make any sense.
    Who cares? He was a free agent and he exercised his rights.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    Suggs is still revered in the Ravens locker room and would go back to leadership status immediately. These guys want to win and if they believe he can help them they will welcome him with open arms. Remember other than Earl and Jimmy none of them have been to the show. Suggs can help lead the way defensively.
    Yanda? Tucker / Koch / Cox? Byrnes?

or maybe you meant just the defense?
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Who cares? He was a free agent and he exercised his rights.

I dont want 2019 Terrell Suggs on this team.

If we got 2015 suggs, sure. But he ain't that no more. He's a mascot, and we don't need the distraction.

I love him. I wish he didn't leave. But he did. And honestly, it was a mistake by him. It was almost disloyal to a point.

So no, I dont want him. I want this team in 2019 to succeed on its current merits. We don't need him. It could throw off chemistry. Don't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by sailorsam View Post
    Yanda? Tucker / Koch / Cox? Byrnes?

or maybe you meant just the defense?
    Just the defense. Forgot Byrnes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Terrell Suggs put onto waivers by the Cardinals. Do we bring him back?

Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post
    I dont want 2019 Terrell Suggs on this team.

If we got 2015 suggs, sure. But he ain't that no more. He's a mascot, and we don't need the distraction.

I love him. I wish he didn't leave. But he did. And honestly, it was a mistake by him. It was almost disloyal to a point.

So no, I dont want him. I want this team in 2019 to succeed on its current merits. We don't need him. It could throw off chemistry. Don't do it.
    Disagree with most of this. The cards offers $7mil which he knew he wasn’t going to get from the ravens. In addition listen to Bart Scott’s comments on a veterans last contract. Suggs showed loyalty to the Ravens by not unfairly trying to gouge them.

He has enough juice for his final 5 game run as a situational pass rusher and big moment/series player. He’s still beloved in that locker room and it wouldn’t surprise me at all if some on the defense were asking if the ravens could claim him.

You’re right in that he’s not 2014 Suggs(he was injured in 2015) but he doesn’t have to be. Set the edge, rush the passer in 20 snaps per game and serve as a mentor to Ferguson. BTW it was Ferguson who had to be pulled in the 9ers game because he couldn’t set the edge. That won’t be a problem if the ravens see them or another edge running team in the playoffs with Suggs present.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yogidriver View Post
    I don't mean to say he'd be a problem like AB. I mean it could be a problem because he was a team captain, the elder statesman and former best player on the defense, and the voice of the Ravens. Now, other players have taken over those responsibilities and the team hasn't really missed him. He'd have to accept probably a minor role in the DE rotation and listen instead of being THE guy it all revolves around. It could create some unnecessary confusion.

If the pass rush and defensive end play wasn't improving and the Ravens were desperate then maybe give him a shot. I just don't think they need him given the way they are playing.
    The Ravens were his team. He was the unquestioned leader in the locker room after Ray and Ed left. Other guys have stepped in to fill that void. To have him return is going to be weird for guys like Humphrey and Judon who have ascended into that role. It's going to be weird with guys like Thomas and Ingram, also. I dont think it would create drama but it would be weird.

Terrell Suggs put onto waivers by the Cardinals. Do we bring him back?