Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: PFF Grades Through Week 15 (Jets)

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Yes Nj, it was smart to cut TWill and keep Bowser (one of my favorites).
    Can Jaleel Scott be far behind?

... Bc
    This morning I was looking ahead at the 2020 draft and started to wonder if we maybe next year don't keep a 4th TE instead of a 6th WR. Since we hardly target even our 4th WR (Roberts) as it is (and never at all the 5th and 6th WRs Moore and Scott), would one more TE and one less WR make sense?

Maybe keep Roberts around to use in games where the game plan would actually use that 4th WR; then inactivate him in favor of the 4th TE in weeks with more run-heavy gameplans?

Right now we have no real backup TE if one of the big 3 goes down. We use all 3 very extensively with no backup (excecpt our PS guy). Is a 4th TE really that crazy? Seems to me if a WR goes down we still can put Moore in there; he's active on gameday for STs anyway. If one of the TE's goes down, who do we have?

Do we need a 6th Wr more than a 4th TE? Seems to me the answer on that is pretty clear.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    This morning I was looking ahead at the 2020 draft and started to wonder if we maybe next year don't keep a 4th TE instead of a 6th WR. Since we hardly target even our 4th WR (Roberts) as it is (and never at all the 5th and 6th WRs Moore and Scott), would one more TE and one less WR make sense?

Maybe keep Roberts around to use in games where the game plan would actually use that 4th WR; then inactivate him in favor of the 4th TE in weeks with more run-heavy gameplans?

Right now we have no real backup TE if one of the big 3 goes down. We use all 3 very extensively with no backup (excecpt our PS guy). Is a 4th really that crazy? Seems to me if a WR goes down we still can put Moore in there; he's active on gameday for STs anyway. Do we need a 6th Wr more than a 4th TE? Seems to me the answer on that is pretty clear.
    NC, I agree, but think that player (the 4th TE or 6th WR) would have to make a Special Teams impact. BTW, isn't it satisfying that guys like Roberts and Boyle (even Boykin) are contributing to our passing game? Every Ravens receiver wants the ball thrown to them, but seem to commit to a team triumph and are the sum of it's parts... and I'm luvin' it!
    ... Bc

I’d hate to miss out on this loaded WR draft class though because we don’t have an immediate need. I’m all about CB and OLB though for top picks too.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Smithzone View Post
    I’d hate to miss out on this loaded WR draft class though because we don’t have an immediate need. I’m all about CB and OLB though for top picks too.
    Szone, I want to miss out on every talented college player in the 1st round of the 2020 NFL draft. I want DeCosta to scratch his head and think "there are no good players left at pick number 32!" ... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    Just want to shout out all the posters bitching about the Marshall pick because CB wasn’t a position of need lol.

You can argue whether Marshall was the guy (I still like him as a CB personally but I get the perspective that he’d be better off in a safety/hybrid role), but we definitely needed to bring in a CB prospect. You don’t just draft players for their rookie year.
    Well, since I was one of the more vocal members of this crew... we still had to IR SJB(I believe we still have his rights)Marshall and Tavon prior to week 1, cut Canady mid-season, etc due to excessive depth.

However, we will retain Peters, regain Tavon, execute Carr’s option to be our 4th CB, and Marshall can compete with Averett and SJB for our fifth and 6th spots, assuming we draft no one...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are people who still think SJB is something?

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    I'm the opposite on Hill, the way he looked in the pre-season has me excited for year 2.
    I’m with you, he never went down to the first guy in the preseason. I think the issue with hill is there are major tells when he is in the game. Overwhelmingly it’s a straight run or screen to him. Like most young running backs their biggest issue is pass blocking and the ravens aren’t trusting him enough in that area to open up the playbook, there are also a curious lack of read option plays when he is in there. I know he has really struggled but I wouldn’t give up on him and love the variety he offers.

There are people who still think SJB is something?
    No more than Josh Bynes was this time last year.

I’m referring to him as a camp body, as someone that fights for a spot on the 53... and Iman Marshall has shown exactly zero to separate himself from SJB.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    No more than Josh Bynes was this time last year.

I’m referring to him as a camp body, as someone that fights for a spot on the 53... and Iman Marshall has shown exactly zero to separate himself from SJB.

I mean in the sense that no draft picks have shown anything until they get to play, sure

Quote Originally Posted by purple_city39 View Post
    So how did Stanley go up almost a full point after not playing in the game?
    Quote Originally Posted by callahan09 View Post
    I was wondering the same thing....
    He played in the Bills game
    Yup, that's where the change in score is from.

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post

Right now we have no real backup TE if one of the big 3 goes down. We use all 3 very extensively with no backup (excecpt our PS guy). Is a 4th TE really that crazy? Seems to me if a WR goes down we still can put Moore in there; he's active on gameday for STs anyway. If one of the TE's goes down, who do we have?

Do we need a 6th Wr more than a 4th TE? Seems to me the answer on that is pretty clear.
    Agreed; next season I'd feel more comfortable with 4 TEs. The extra spot might not be taken away from the WR room however.

Of course that extra TE would have to be worth it. Would probably (hopefully) spend most of his time inactive.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    Justice Hill man. He's just not the guy. I loved him out of college but he never seems to do much when he is out there.
    give the guy another year, maybe he just isnt getting the offense, or he is the type of back that needs more carries to get in a groove. I'm not writing him off after 14 games.